• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
eznark said:
This single game has cursed me. I'm now completely incompetent, unable to even beat my wife (well, at Carc, I still beat her of course). It's shattered my confidence. I'm a broken man.

Hurry the f' up so we can start a new tourney!!
ha! some weeks will definitely be like that. pretty much any time you feel your ELO soaring to new heights you are due for a week of constantly losses. finishing last in a couple 4p and 5p games in particular is not very nice to high ELOs

It's weird, there's a few players who have been pulling out lately or declining, when i've never experienced that in the game before. Winds of Change. I guess I have to start playing you Carc Jedis again...

rc213

I could use some games too, I guess I spaced out when you guys had the sign up for the tourny. If you need a fill in I'm available.

Gamecenter: rc213

Carc ruiner for eznark is not a title I'd like to keep.

I just flooded out a bunch of games this morning. I was down to like 10 active. Now i have about 25 as people accept it.

I did notice I had a 2 player game start when I thought it was for 3. I guess someone declined.

If you got doubled, sorry. I try to get almost everyone in my list.

eznark

Banned
AstroLad said:
ha! some weeks will definitely be like that. pretty much any time you feel your ELO soaring to new heights you are due for a week of constantly losses. finishing last in a couple 4p and 5p games in particular is not very nice to high ELOs

I hit 1400, taunted you in this thread....and declined ever since.

hail to the king, indeed.

Bigfoot

eznark said:
I hit 1400, taunted you in this thread....and declined ever since.

hail to the king, indeed.

I'm on a bit of a decline too, but I was able to peak with a 1532 ELO right before the drop which puts me as #1 on my GC Friend Game Max ELO Leaderboard. I beat out Jonnyram by 1 point as his peak is 1531 which puts him as #2. Astrolad is #3 at 1496 and AirBrian is #4 with a peak ELO of 1447.

I don't expect it to last (I'm sure the winner of this tournament (Astrolad) may top it), and I will probably never get that high again, but it is nice to have for now. This only includes the 41 GC friends I have playing Carc so there could already be a GAF'er with a higher peak ELO that isn't on my friends list.

AirBrian

eznark said:
This single game has cursed me. I'm now completely incompetent, unable to even beat my wife (well, at Carc, I still beat her of course). It's shattered my confidence. I'm a broken man.

Hurry the f' up so we can start a new tourney!!
Just making sure you do know it's double elimination. You still have a chance!

AirBrian

soldat7 said:
We're only a few moves in.

Great game AstroLad and AirBrian! I hereby announce my retirement.
That game was ridiculous! Definitely fun though.

Flynn said:
Grats to AirBrian in our loser's bracket match!

AirBrian 96
Triphibian 77
I was one tile away from complete elimination. On the last turn of the game, which was my turn, I literally got the tile I needed to complete that huge city and win the game. Hella lucky! GG, man! That was a crazy one!

Flynn

AirBrian said:
That game was ridiculous! Definitely fun though.

I was one tile away from complete elimination. On the last turn of the game, which was my turn, I literally got the tile I needed to complete that huge city and win the game. Hella lucky! GG, man! That was a crazy one!

I was praying you wouldn't get that one.

Gaspode_T

I'm only going to send game requests to people if your ELO is lower than 1200 to make sure my ELO keeps rising......just kidding! I actually am getting my butt handed to me pretty consistently by a few of you, it feels great. I noticed I have some casual player friends who don't really know the gory details of Carc scoring/etc, it would be cool if someone could write up a newbie guide that I can just copy and paste to people so I can be mean to them while playing and not feel guilty about it

P.S. If anyone wants to play Chess with Friends send me a PM, although I think I suck at chess because I haven't played for 10+ years :)

Bernbaum

Fun times, as usual.

Pretty sure I'm a bit of a bottleneck for GAF games, being in Australia and all. Thanks for your patience!

2ennb0p.png

Bernbaum

AirBrian said:
TRUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONY. Let's go! You and soldat's game is the missing link!

Was right at 1400, then the big plummet over the last couple of days. Good times!
This is the highest I've gotten my ELO to. In fact, I'm a smidge ahead of the people who introduced me to this game. There have been a few GAF games where I've come second or third but come away with a positive ELO result.

If anything, trans-continental games of Carc make it a little bit easier to get out of bed in the morning when the alarm on my iPhone goes off. There's always a few moves waiting for me before I've poured my morning cuppa!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just lost like 26 ELO

damn all of you

EDIT: AND i didn't see this tourny business. that's it, sub'ing this thread.

Australia, Japan. Cool, I had no idea people were all over the place. Or just never paid much mind to it.

I'm in the USA. If you've ever flown through Dulles Airport in Virginia, that's only about 10 minutes from me.

Makes sense now that when I wake up, I have a bunch of moves waiting for me.

Bernbaum said:
Fun times, as usual.

Pretty sure I'm a bit of a bottleneck for GAF games, being in Australia and all. Thanks for your patience!

2ennb0p.png

Happy to get one of my games posted. The 4-way games always turn out very interesting.

AirBrian

Damn, gg, DukeSucks! Another come-from-behind win for me...30+ points down with like 4 tiles left. Got a cap to close out a large city with 2 tiles left, then got fields won the rest. Very close game!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i wanna play a tournament game! :/

funny thing is i had two weeks off just now and i have to go back to work tomorrow so i won't be able to take nearly as many turns/day d'oh.

soldat7

AstroLad said:
i wanna play a tournament game! :/

funny thing is i had two weeks off just now and i have to go back to work tomorrow so i won't be able to take nearly as many turns/day d'oh.

Edit: TRUTony 116, soldat7 110

Good game

soldat7

attractivetb said:
Just finished...sorry for the delay, TRUTony 116, Soldat7 110.

Very good game...exciting! Came down to the last 3 tiles.

Seriously. It would have been a blow out but I got lucky towards the end.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AstroLad 84, TRUTony 59.

gg tb!

roosters thought i had you on my list but it looks like i don't so add me up and we'll play our game

AstroLad said:
AstroLad 84, TRUTony 59.

gg tb!

roosters thought i had you on my list but it looks like i don't so add me up and we'll play our game

Yeah you do :) but my GC name is jmilo93.

I'm against Astrolad Fuuffu

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh good, he has the second highest elo on my friends list, and even if I somehow win, I play Astrolad, who has the highest. Off to the losers bracket I go!

AirBrian

Yaboosh said:
Oh good, he has the second highest elo on my friends list, and even if I somehow win, I play Astrolad, who has the highest. Off to the losers bracket I go!
There's nothing wrong with the loser's bracket! ;-)

Bracket updated!

Next 2 games that need to be played:

attractive
elfinke

Porthos
soldat

Status?

Bigfoot

AirBrian said:

attractive
elfinke

Porthos
soldat

Status?

I tried starting the game with soldat but he doesn't show up in my Carc friends list! The weird thing is that I am currently in a 3 player game with him that he or someone else started. I also added him to GameCenter last week but of course I can't check if he a friend because of the stupid "real name" thing they show in the main list and I don't feel like clicking through over 100 names.

Hopefully soldat can see me and start the game...

attractivetb

Neo Member
AirBrian said:
There's nothing wrong with the loser's bracket! ;-)

Bracket updated!

attractive
elfinke

Porthos
soldat

Status?

Request has been sent (just now) so hopefully we play soon!

Gaspode_T

I made a pretty dumb mistake in one of my 5 player games going on right now - I keep getting blue color because not many people seem to have picked that one as their default, but one of my games I am red instead of blue. Anyway as I'm bleary eyed sweeping through games picking obvious moves I place down a tile thinking "yes!! score! Finish a road AND a citadel what an obvious choice!" ... and proceed to wake up like I've taken a sip of morning coffee as I see the points leader score zoom up even further instead of my own score :p Probably one of those things everyone does at some point or another

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Gaspode_T said:
I made a pretty dumb mistake in one of my 5 player games going on right now - I keep getting blue color because not many people seem to have picked that one as their default, but one of my games I am red instead of blue. Anyway as I'm bleary eyed sweeping through games picking obvious moves I place down a tile thinking "yes!! score! Finish a road AND a citadel what an obvious choice!" ... and proceed to wake up like I've taken a sip of morning coffee as I see the points leader score zoom up even further instead of my own score :p Probably one of those things everyone does at some point or another
haha yup i think this is a carc ios rite of passage along with being freaked out/surprised by the "it's your turn" guy

Top Bottom