• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

elfinke

attractivetb said:
TRUTony 127 elfinke 104

I think I got every single cloister...that's a first!

Yep, an unbelievable game. I couldn't take a trick.

Ah well, ~1400 ELO a month ago, ~1250 now lol. I had 6 or 7 games going on at once and I was different colours in so many of them, couldn't keep track of what the hell I was doing lol.

Lost all of them.

attractivetb

Neo Member
Just won my game vs Kosh.... I ended the game without writing down the score... It was pretty lopsided in the end due to me stealing his big farm.

Kosh

attractivetb said:
Just won my game vs Kosh.... I ended the game without writing down the score... It was pretty lopsided in the end due to me stealing his big farm.

Yeah, near the end I was looking for anyway to at least share the farm with you, but didn't see it. In the end, it was down right ugly. Good game.

Jonnyram

Close tourney game against attractivetb. It looked rough after he got an early steal and a ton of churches, but we had a last minute fight for the fields and I lucked out.

Jonnyram 118 - 107 attractivetb

attractivetb

Neo Member
Kosh vs Me was around 150 - 70 for me.

Just lost an awesome game to Jonnyram. So close! Came down to connecting farms in the last few pieces. Very well played!!!

AirBrian

Good stuff, guys! Made some progress over the last couple of days. Once Porthos-soldat is finished, we'll be all caught up!

Yaboosh and Grifter still battling to see who faces me! ;-)

Bigfoot

AirBrian said:
Good stuff, guys! Made some progress over the last couple of days. Once Porthos-soldat is finished, we'll be all caught up!

Yaboosh and Grifter still battling to see who faces me! ;-)

We should be finished today. I've made some brain-dead moves... I was building a city that I thought I owned but after adding a few pieces to it, Soldat promptly showed me I forgot to put a guy on it ;) Funny thing was he said he did the same thing the other day against someone else. I think I need a short break from Carc soon... just running on autopilot sometimes trying to get through all my moves and it sometimes hurts me in the end.

Right now it looks like Soldat should make it through but it's not over and I've got a slim chance...

I made a questionable opening 10 move with CzarTim and it's now created an ungodly city scenario with still 50 tiles to play. It will be interesting finish that's for sure.

Jonnyram

Porthos said:
We should be finished today. I've made some brain-dead moves... I was building a city that I thought I owned but after adding a few pieces to it, Soldat promptly showed me I forgot to put a guy on it ;) Funny thing was he said he did the same thing the other day against someone else.
I did the exact same thing at the weekend. Fortunately it was not in the tournament.

soldat7

Porthos said:
Right now it looks like Soldat should make it through but it's not over and I've got a slim chance...

Don't worry. I have like 13 games of Carc going on and I'm really good at shooting myself in the foot. ;)

Edit: soldat7 107, Porthos 98. That was close!

Bigfoot

soldat7 said:
Edit: soldat7 107, Porthos 98. That was close!
Yeah. Crazy game. Even if it was a messy disaster at times it was a really fun game at the end and you played great. Good luck with the rest of the tourney.

Bigfoot

Jonnyram said:
I did the exact same thing at the weekend. Fortunately it was not in the tournament.
I think sometimes you see your last piece played surrounded with your color and it messes with your mind! ;)

So tomorrow I'm going to Europe for two months so if I don't reply to your game invite I'm not being rude. :p

Feel free to replace me in the tourney too.

I guess I could put Carc on my iPhone and still take my turns in the games I'm still involved in when I'm around wifi n stuff.
I might be slow though. :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Doh! Wish I knew there was a tourney going on. Just finished a game with studs ramrod and dantehemi and I have to ask dantehemi, why did you drop 3 meeples on fields at the beginning of the game???

That was maybe the most insane (in a bad way) carc move I've ever seen.

mercviper

damn LTTP for a tourney, but I picked this up yesterday and my battery barely lasts 2 hours now :p

If anyone is up for a non-tourney game I'm good for it.

GC ID: Mercviper

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sprsk said:
Doh! Wish I knew there was a tourney going on. Just finished a game with studs ramrod and dantehemi and I have to ask dantehemi, why did you drop 3 meeples on fields at the beginning of the game???

That was maybe the most insane (in a bad way) carc move I've ever seen.
We'll be done pretty soon.

We should do a Carc league or something since there's so much interest recently. I'm sure I can come up with a cool prize if AirBrian can run the show again. :p

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah I love having a nice high ELO but waiting on a 5P game to finish where I will probably lose 40 very hard-earned posts.

/shakes fist at 5p games

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AstroLad said:
Ah I love having a nice high ELO but waiting on a 5P game to finish where I will probably lose 40 very hard-earned posts.

/shakes fist at 5p games
I have a 5 person game with 2 tiles left that has been going on for 3 months. Yeah, I could do without them.

Gaspode_T

I noticed that the strategy for 5p games does seem to be heavily based upon luck and playing maybe more conservatively, by the time your turn rolls around often the thing you wanted to do next is blocked or you have some completely different tile than you were hoping for. It seems to be harder to take over fields as well, so putting down lots of them early on seems like an okay strategy as long as that field actually ends up getting lots of cities on it.

To those who are currently in the middle of a game with me: I've been kind of slow taking my turns, sorry about that, been having some busy weeks!

AirBrian

AstroLad said:
We'll be done pretty soon.

We should do a Carc league or something since there's so much interest recently. I'm sure I can come up with a cool prize if AirBrian can run the show again. :p
I'd be up for running that! Could do a Round Robin tourney as well!

AirBrian

Couple of updates...

GAF | Game Center

Agyar | Agyar
AirBrian | AirBrian
AlucarD.eq | caceres.1985
AstroLad | AstroLad
Bernbaum | Bernbaum
bigwinnerx | Bigwinnerx
ChackanKun | Chackan
CzarTim | CzarTim
D-Back | close
Dantehemi | dantehemi
Darb | RealDarb
Darkflight | Darkflight
DukeSucks | _LOLduke_
EktorPR | EktorOni
elfinke | elfinke
eznark | Eznark
Flunkie | Flunkie44
Flynn | Triphibian
Gaspode_T | Gaspode-TWD
Gatekeeper | TopDeckHobbies
Got the Shakes | Got the Shakes
Grifter | risottoball
JeffGreen | Doofaeus
Joeyjoejoeshabadoo | Joeyjoejoejrshabadoo
jon bones | jon bones
Jswanko | Jswanko
Karud | Karud
kennah | kenchuk
Kosh | Kosh One
kryptikjoker | kryptikjoker
Kryptonic | Kryptonic83
Kryten | Studs Ramrod
mercviper | Mercviper
N Coward Parody | Noel Coward Parody
Nobiru | Ray.Spencer
Noreturn | Noreturn
outunderstars | outunderstars
pilonv1 | carlosthedwarf
Porthos | Porthos
Powersphere | Powersphere
punkypine | punkypine
rc213 | rc213
Rekwest | Rekwest01
roosters93 | jmilo93
soldat7 | soldat 7
swoon | Swoon37
technosteve | ceramicsteve
teebs33 | teebs33
tetrisgrammaton | CENTAURSAUR
Vinterbird | Vinterbird
WillieAames | SlothBear
Yaboosh | Yaboosh

Also, if anyone wants to change what name shows up in GameCenter (ex. change your real name to your GC/user/GAF/whatever name), follow these steps:

• Open Game Center
  • On the "Me" screen, click on your Account on the bottom of the page
  • View Account (enter password)
  • Scroll down to the "Game Center Identity" section (at the very bottom)
  • Tap "Edit Account Info" "Apple ID" -->
  • Here your First and Last Name appears, along with your Apple ID and PW. Simply change your First Name and Last Name to whatever you want. Note: This does NOT impact your Apple ID name at all. This is just for the Game Center name that appears on friends' lists.
  • Make sure to tap "Done" in the top-right (will have to do this twice), and you're finished!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ooh damn, rematch of me and griff from last tourney. my prediction is he will revenge his loss. at least i won't lose too much Elo :p

AirBrian

Welcome to the losers bracket, Yaboosh! Invite sent!

EDIT: And we need a spectator mode. AstroLad and Grifter: Clash of the Titans II

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
AirBrian said:
Welcome to the losers bracket, Yaboosh! Invite sent!

EDIT: And we need a spectator mode. AstroLad and Grifter: Clash of the Titans II
If I win our current matchup, that totally counts as our tourney matchup. If I lose, it definitely wasn't our tourney game. Fair?

AirBrian

exnark, it's "soldat 7"

Yaboosh said:
If I win our current matchup, that totally counts as our tourney matchup. If I lose, it definitely wasn't our tourney game. Fair?
If you're talking about the current game where you're about to totally steal that huge city, then I have no idea what you're talking about! ;-)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
stars have aligned
CkWwb.png

It seems like all these games are going down to the last piece! Punkypine very good game, I got lucky on the second to last piece.

Roodiculous: 96
punkypine: 88

Rematch with Topdeck wooo!

Top Bottom