• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

It was one person. I don't want to tar and feather in public, I left, it's done, but, not joining up with this person for any more games. Obvious he/she was no longer interested, but, left about 12 people hanging in the process. The longest game was 2 player and had been up for almost 9 weeks!

Grifter

I feel your pain, had to quit past games just to clean up too.

You should name him tho, less to shame and more to ensure that we clear him from our games and friends list if he won't be responding to invites.

Speaking of which, my friends list is way overdue for culling. Haven't played with the following for a while, let me know if you're still around:
boomx
19kilo
k2valor
laserbot
mandiller
mohammed t.
zerosum
slacker
minsc
lugnut74
karud
joeyjoejoe
fingil
bamsaidthelady

Grifter said:

You should name him tho, less to shame and more to ensure that we clear him from our games and friends list if he won't be responding to invites.

Speaking of which, my friends list is way overdue for culling. Haven't played with the following for a while, let me know if you're still around:
boomx
19kilo
k2valor
laserbot
mandiller
mohammed t.
zerosum
slacker
minsc
lugnut74
karud
joeyjoejoe
fingil
bamsaidthelady

zerosum here. I'm now known as topdeckhobbies

Well like I said he was in 4 other games with me with other people I know are on this board. If you saw me quit a game we were in yesterday, or also have games above 5 weeks, chances are you know the person.

AirBrian

OK, so about this GAF tourney...how do we get one going?!

Astro, what was that one bracketing/tourney website you used awhile back? That worked out well...could have double eliminations too?

EDIT: Never mind -- found it!

http://challonge.com/

OK, let's get this biz-atch going! Who's in?

Depending on the number of players, we could do 3 vs 3 with double elimination? Or just stick with 2 vs 2?

If we get enough, I think a 4 vs 4 with top two advancing could be cool...

GAF Tournament
AirBrian

Grifter said:

boomx
19kilo
k2valor
laserbot
mandiller
mohammed t.
zerosum
slacker
minsc
lugnut74
karud
joeyjoejoe
fingil
bamsaidthelady
I'm still here (boomx) but I barely check this thread.

Shame on me.

AirBrian

GAF Tournament
  1. AirBrian
  2. Yaboosh
  3. AstroLad
  4. Jonnyram
  5. eznark
  6. Kosh
  7. Grifter

I'll have to play around with the bracket website, but really, the format will determine how many people want to play.

soldat7

Gosh dang quitters. I had a miraculous comeback late in the game and the moran quit on the final move. I'm sure he was more frustrated than me though. lol

Count me in for the tourney: soldat7

Gaspode_T

Tournament - I'm not sure I'll be able to keep daily moves up with an upcoming crunch time, I wish there was a way to spectate on games though (but maybe that would be unfair in learning your evil tricks too quickly)

Feel free to keep sending me game requests though

AirBrian

GAF Tournament
  1. AirBrian
  2. Yaboosh
  3. AstroLad
  4. Jonnyram
  5. eznark
  6. Kosh
  7. Grifter
  8. DukeSucks
  9. CzarTim
  10. punkypine
  11. roosters93
  12. bigwinnerx
  13. elfinke
  14. soldat7
  15. dantehemi
  16. Roodiculous
  17. topdeckhobbies
  18. Flynn
  19. attractivetb
  20. Porthos

OK, we're up to 20. I'll give it until the end of tomorrow and then we'll start!

Bigfoot

I'm in too... sorry for jumping in so late but I was on vacation. 1 v 1 is a lot more stressful than normal 4 player games, but a change is good. I don't play them often but had a close one against jmilo last week that was fun.

I was in a 5 way with Coders311 and soldat7 and accepted then accidentally hit refuse. Sorry about that! Those were the 2 names I remembered so I started up another game with them. May have been Triphibian in there, too. I'm just trying to remember avatars...

AirBrian said:
GAF Tournament
  1. AirBrian
  2. Yaboosh
  3. AstroLad
  4. Jonnyram
  5. eznark
  6. Kosh
  7. Grifter
  8. DukeSucks
  9. CzarTim
  10. punkypine
  11. roosters93
  12. bigwinnerx
  13. elfinke
  14. soldat7
  15. dantehemi
  16. Roodiculous
  17. topdeckhobbies
  18. Flynn
  19. attractivetb
  20. Porthos

OK, we're up to 20. I'll give it until the end of tomorrow and then we'll start!

My Lucky number 12. I'm sensing good things.

AirBrian

http://challonge.com/gafcarcassonne

1) 1 vs. 1
2) Double elimination
3) I'd like to have at least contact/coordination within 3 days, and finishing the match within 7 days. The key here: COMMUNICATION! Use this thread for communication, and so I can also see if there are any issues getting in contact with someone.
4) Prize TBD...but there will be a prize!
5) Good luck!

dantehemi

Great job. So like do we send a invite to the guy we need to face? Do we report the win/loss and the bracket gets filled in by you? Sorry just never done one of these before... Oh and when can we start?

dantehemi

Flynn, I sent you a friend request. Once you accept I'll send a challenge over to you. Best of luck. I'm on eastern time (Canada) and I'm most active between 430-1100 pm every day. But have access all day.

AirBrian

dantehemi said:
Great job. So like do we send a invite to the guy we need to face? Do we report the win/loss and the bracket gets filled in by you? Sorry just never done one of these before... Oh and when can we start?
You can either go on the website, sign-up (for free), and input any scores yourself (and even upload screenshots of the board after the game is finished), or you can report the score here and I'll be more than happy to update.

If you already have a Challonge username, I believe you can just add this tournament and update from there...? Sorry, there will be some trial and error here as I've only used this website a couple of times.

And we can start now! :)

So I just booked a trip overseas and I'm leaving in 15 days. Is that going to be a problem? Is it likely to still be going then? (although I'd probably get knocked out first round anyway :p)

Sorry for causing a problem if it is one.

AirBrian

roosters93 said:
So I just booked a trip overseas and I'm leaving in 15 days. Is that going to be a problem? Is it likely to still be going then? (although I'd probably get knocked out first round anyway :p)

Sorry for causing a problem if it is one.

Just keep going as is. I'm sure someone will be able to fill in if you're not available.

Top Bottom