• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine |OT| Sheep, Matrimony, Terror - Love Is Gone

Erudite

MBison said:
This is probably answered in the thread, sorry if so.. about how many hours does it take to finish?
Took me 14 hours on Normal. Really just depends on how long it takes you to figure out some of the more devilish levels.

MBison

Thanks guys. Gonna start this after a brief weekend trip.

Kinda nervous about playing Normal. I'm an adventure gamer at hard so I definitely enjoy puzzles. I don't enjoy doing the same thing over and over again, so I kinda fear the dying.

Thoraxes

My first playthrough was on normal and it took me about 22 hours to complete, while doing some extra things like Rapunzel.

I spent a lot of time playing Rapunzel.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
MBison said:
This is probably answered in the thread, sorry if so.. about how many hours does it take to finish?

10 hours on easy. Only because I missed talking to the other bar patrons, fully fleshing out the bar till everyone leaves, not taking the drinks, and playing the Rapunzel game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm at 28 hours so far, just got all the endings and started on hard. I've still barely touched Rapunzel. ;_;

IrishNinja

question 1: over 3/4 of other people said life beings at marriage, not ends.

bunch of lyin-ass, trophy-wanting motherfuckers.

Incitemaybe said:
A physical fling is more of a betrayal tha an emotional tryst according to my pie chart? Haha :)

All of us dumb people didn't know what a tryst was until our meters moved in the wrong direction =(

But I learned something today.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The real tragedy was when it asked me if I enjoyed popping bubble wrap. 25% of people not enjoying one of life's simplest pleasures nearly ruined me day.

IrishNinja said:

I put it and I meant it! But then again I'm a naive hopeless romantic.

I had no idea what a tryst was until today. lolz

IrishNinja

DarknessTear said:
I put it and I meant it!

haha, i can buy that. but like 70% of my fellow gamers!? damn. question 2 was more of the same, though i apparently fell on the popular side. now im curious to know if different regions answer all that differently, it's a cool use of an online function.

zlatko

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
This game wouldn't be one of the hardest ones this generation if there wasn't any variety. New types of blocks get introduced that only exist to make you really angry.

The only thing remotely hard about this game is its cheap as fuck random factor levels. If everything was the same every run, without random blocks moving on their own like in chapter 9, then this game would be a cake walk... and it's pretty sad the only way they could actually challenge people on hard as far as I can tell for me was just the random stuff.

Without it, the game is childs play and just a matter of memorization of what works and what doesn't. :/

Zafir

When ever I speak to that Martha and Lindsay(Think thats their names?) I feel like I've slipped back into playing Deadly Premonition. Their dialogue would fit perfectly in that, lol.

IrishNinja said:
haha, i can buy that. but like 70% of my fellow gamers!? damn. question 2 was more of the same, though i apparently fell on the popular side. now im curious to know if different regions answer all that differently, it's a cool use of an online function.
If you're offline when you get these question parts, you will still see a graph of how others answered. But it will note that the graph was taken from an internet poll of 20-40 year old males. You may feel that these graphs are more honest as people should be answering what they really feel instead of having the possible influence of a trophy impacting the answers.

zlatko

Banned
moramo said:
should i start my first playthrough on easy or normal?

Depends. I never played the demo for the game or anything, and went in on hard and just finished it without major issues. The times it manages to kill you is either you messed something up or a random factor in the stage. (usually only boss levels have some random means to fuck you up) So I'd imagine these random things the bosses can do to screw you over are there in easy and medium too, and plus you can change the difficulty at any point if you can't handle hard.

Once you get the hang of things in the first few stages, it'll introduce a few new elements as you go, but the primary stuff you learn at the start is what you need to keep in mind as you go through the whole game.

I found it an easy game, albeit cheap as shit on certain stages. Go for normal I'd say.

cj_iwakura

Cross-posting this.

49gsbu.jpg

I helped by buying it twice! (JP counts, right?)

cj_iwakura said:
Cross-posting this.

I helped by buying it twice! (JP counts, right?)

Yum! Congrats to Atlus for reaching those numbers so quickly.

So I'm currently climbing through stage 7 right now. It seems much more slow-paced and methodical than the last stage so far. The variety builds up rather well in these puzzles.

cj_iwakura said:
Cross-posting this.

http://a.yfrog.com/img620/8172/49gsbu.jpg[img]

I helped by buying it twice! (JP counts, right?)[/QUOTE]
I like that the ESRB rating is on a cake.

200k is really good, though! I'm glad Atlus continues to be successful in their niche.

Yuterald

4-2 on Hard sucks dick. I've died so many times by random attacks from the boss. I was moving at such a quick pace on Hard until I got to this shit fest. I have the stage fairly memorized too until the very end. I just can't grasp the situation fast enough because the boss is always RIGHT up my ass at this point.

Althane

Hearing people complain about 4-2 makes me feel sad, I'm stuck on 3-2 (Torture Chamber is world 3, right?)

That stupid bridge making stuff drives me insane. I'm terrible at thinking like that.

I also Game Over'd, then quit because I had a headache. =(

Giolon

Parallax Scroll said:
So this game is basically like Q*Bert?
Um...only in that it has blocks?

Re: the cake - alright Atlus! I'm glad this hasn't been a total flop. Can I pick which piece of cake I get?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

ULTROS!

Grisby said:
87lvJ.gif

Took a break from the game for a day or so. I'm walking around thinking about blocks though.

Psh. The 360 cover has the wrong "Catherine" anyway, plus Kat looks like she's wearing a silly hat.

Zafir

Just completed it on normal, got the
True Lover
ending. Unfortunately my save time is incredibly inaccurate due to leaving the game running for hours while I did other things, probably somewhere around 15hours though.

I think I'll go through on very easy for the other endings, so I can just rush them.

RDreamer

IrishNinja said:

I answered that it begins. For me, I see life in 3 phases. There's the first, winding up stage where you're learning and having fun and all that, then there's the 2nd where you're more established, having children, and teaching them and watching them grow up, and going further in your job and all that. Then there's the 3rd stage of winding down and having grandchildren and retiring and stuff. Usually people get married when they're still at least a bit in the first stage, and then moving to the 2nd. While I wouldn't say life "begins" there necessarily, that's a much, much closer answer to my view than it ending there (there's 2/3 left of your life, and you still have a TON left to do!). To me it'd be incredibly sad if you truly thought life ended at marriage.

Also, Catherine is way hotter than Katherine.
No way. Katherine's where it's at. I just looove her design; it's so good.

Why Catherine sucks: Blonde, whore, ugly outfit, terrible hair. Honey, I could make my pubes look better than you.

Why Katherine doesn't suck: not blonde, 32, not a whore, not a stupid bitch, awesome glasses, cool outfit, cool nails.

mattp

why do i get the feeling i'm going to be yelling at my ipod tomorrow while listening to weekend confirmed

garnett on google plus:
Catherine is bizarre, so much so I'm not sure what to make of it. As an anime fan I like that part. The block climbing puzzle play though is not grabbing me. It's no Intelligent Cube, and it's so disconnected from the story side of the game. I'll give them this; they're out there creatively.

jtrov

Alright, so I finished the game yesterday (loved it), but now when I go to play Babel, the Altar isn't unlocked for me. I got two Gold Prizes in my first playthrough, and from what I've read I only need one to unlock the first Babel Trial. Is there a way I can check all of my trial records, or replay them all?

I was going to start another playthrough regardless (got a bad ending), but I wanted to try out one of the Babel trials first.

EDIT: Wow, nevermind. It's gold for the each whole stage, not just one or two. Is there any easier way to do this instead of replaying the campaign each time?

cj_iwakura

jtrov said:
Alright, so I finished the game yesterday (loved it), but now when I go to play Babel, the Altar isn't unlocked for me. I got two Gold Prizes in my first playthrough, and from what I've read I only need one to unlock the first Babel Trial. Is there a way I can check all of my trial records, or replay them all?

I was going to start another playthrough regardless (got a bad ending), but I wanted to try out one of the Babel trials first.

Check the cellphone records when you start your next game, or load the old one.

jtrov

cj_iwakura said:
Check the cellphone records when you start your next game, or load the old one.

Alright thanks for the advice, I'll take a look now. I had no idea that stuff carried over.

Yuterald

Papercuts said:
No undo on hard is messing me up more than I expected, shiiiit.

You'll get used to it. I was fretting the lack of an undo function too, but the boss stages are more a problem than anything. 4-2 is so frustrating.

Just beat the Altar in Babel... god that was HARD, took me two hours to finish. Steps 100-110 kept screwing me over. I did it in 9 minutes, which looks like is a really long time according to the leaderboards where everyone is reaching the goal in 4-5 minutes. I'm not sure how that's even possible.

Top Bottom