• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh hey, remember that Vandy Rape case thing?

Well...

Corey Batey and Brandon Vandenburg guilty on all counts of aggravated rape and aggravated sexual battery

Vandenburg also was found guilty of charges of tampering with evidence and unlawful photography.

Minimum of 20 years with no chance of parole for each of them

I seem to remember there being a head coach involved. Whatever happened to him?

Harbaugh is flying out to meet with Jacob Eason. Back off, Jim!

B8aikUsCAAA2cFP.jpg

Look at that smile. That is the smile of a man who got what he wanted.

andycapps

Is that Eason? Is he 12?

I don't know who that kid is, but it's not Eason. This is Eason. Long way to go until he signs, but I think it'd take a miracle to pull him away from UGA at this point. His dad is completely on board Eason has been recruiting other kids for UGA for 2016. He and Ben Cleveland (who will be known henceforth as The Mountain) are really wanting to play together at UGA. I'm assuming they'll try to get Eason to early enroll, he needs time in the weight room and having a nutritionist tell him what to eat.

HmMMWes.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmm, guess Vandy news doesn't get much attention. How about this?

The most egregious and explosive accusation against Batey has never been made public until now. Indeed, there has been a year-long court battle in the state over unsealing these investigative records. In the initial investigative report into the rape, which has still not been unsealed, Batey was accused of urinating on his white victim while saying, "That's for 300 years of slavery, bitch."

It was a charge so explosive that prosecutors, defense attorneys, and judges all decided it couldn't be made public or even introduced as evidence at trial. Batey denied ever making the comment, but it's included in the investigative record and it's a detail that would have overtaken everything about the case.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/two-former-vanderbilt-football-players-guilty-of-rape-012815.

Guess everyone just decided to bury that line, until Clay "Winston" Travis decided to write about it.

Was Russell Wilson a 3* when he signed with Wisconsin? I don't fucking think so.

Of course not.

What's kind of amazing is how much better his NFL numbers are than his college numbers. His passing accuracy went up and his rushing stats went way up. Those are things that don't normally happen!

cdyhybrid

Of course not.

What's kind of amazing is how much better his NFL numbers are than his college numbers. His passing accuracy went up and his rushing stats went way up. Those are things that don't normally happen!

He clearly faced better competition in the B1G than he is facing now.

cdyhybrid

What about all that nonstop hype about how big Wisconsin's O-line was? I remember something to the effect of them being bigger than like 30 percent of NFL teams of something.

Yup, but people ignored that when doubting that he could see/throw behind an NFL O-line :jnc

tokkun

Of course not.

Here are his stats from his year at Wisconsin

72.8%, 3175 YDs, 33 TDs, 4 INTs

That's still the NCAA all-time passing efficiency record.

So signing day is next Friday? Can't wait till that's over with so we can start talking about spring games. Particularly Georgia Tech's spring game

fan attendance O/U 250 fans

tbh I would take the over. I think they'll have double the line given how successful the fightin' chop blocks were last year

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So signing day is next Friday? Can't wait till that's over with so we can start talking about spring games. Particularly Georgia Tech's spring game

fan attendance O/U 250 fans

tbh I would take the over. I think they'll have double the line given how successful the fightin' chop blocks were last year
Next Wednesday.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
This is really the first year I have ever paid close attention to recruiting. It is a pretty interesting and weird side of college athletics.

Coach Riley seems to be holding his own for this class, so I am not too pissed off. As long as we patch our Jet Sweep run defense and maintain overall about the same level as last year, we are a top 20 defense overall. Even losing Randy Gregory to the pros won't stop us from being great if we can figure that out.

Our schedule next year outside of 5 games is extremely soft, so if we don't win 9 games, I will be pissed.

Our OOC is equal parts absolute garbage/decent with South Alabama and Southern Miss countering BYU and Miami.

Our in-conference is the softest we have ever had since joining the B1G. Iowa, Michigan St, Wisconsin, and Minnesota will all be decent, but we should be able to win 2 of those at least. I would be ecstatic in that case. LOL

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

mre

I always knew nobody reads any of my posts about Texas Tech but I didn't know that extended to all of my posts regardless of topic.

Clearly the answer is that I need to add 12 more paragraphs to all of my posts.
The problem is you gave TOO much information. You should have just posted a youtube link with no context or explanation. The intrigue compels people to watch! "What is it? I don't know. Could it be a cat video? Fuck, I love cat videos! Let me click that link!"

Meier

Pretty tough schedule for FSU in terms of the in-conference stuff and how it's aligned. Glad to not have any major hurdles in the OOC realm.. gonna need to break in a lot of new guys this year.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Pretty tough schedule for FSU in terms of the in-conference stuff and how it's aligned. Glad to not have any major hurdles in the OOC realm.. gonna need to break in a lot of new guys this year.

October is sick.

And a Friday game against BC.

Meier

This is always classic:

Dre ‏@Deondre_3 2m2 minutes ago
I'm officially decommiting from the university of Florida state.

So.. guess he'll probably go to UF after all. Kai Locksley said he was 100% FSU last night so that probably sealed it. There was no way we'd get 3 QBs in this class with a bunch of young guys already.

andycapps

This is always classic:

Dre ‏@Deondre_3 2m2 minutes ago
I'm officially decommiting from the university of Florida state.

So.. guess he'll probably go to UF after all. Kai Locksley said he was 100% FSU last night so that probably sealed it. There was no way we'd get 3 QBs in this class with a bunch of young guys already.

Rico Mcgraw decommitted from Bama today. This was a kid that was committed to UGA, flipped to Bama, and is most likely flipping back to UGA.

I feel sorry for people that have to keep track of these kids that change their minds constantly.

Meier

He deleted the tweet but I still think it'll probably happen. Treon switched on signing day officially and I imagine this kid will do the same if not before then.

mre

Rico Mcgraw decommitted from Bama today. This was a kid that was committed to UGA, flipped to Bama, and is most likely flipping back to UGA.

I feel sorry for people that have to keep track of these kids that change their minds constantly.
This has been expected for a while, but is unfortunate.

Rico isn't even the weirdest flip to happen to us. Isiah Prince, a 4* OT committed last Friday (I think?) and has already decommitted and will probably enroll at MCU or Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom