• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

lee-corso1.jpg

Jacques Patrick ‏@jacques_patrick 3m3 minutes ago
#NoleNation everybody can relax I just talked to @Deondre_3 and he is still committed to FSU! Someone had hacked his twitter account.

Just one week to go.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
lee-corso1.jpg

Jacques Patrick ‏@jacques_patrick 3m3 minutes ago
#NoleNation everybody can relax I just talked to @Deondre_3 and he is still committed to FSU! Someone had hacked his twitter account.

Just one week to go.
Oh yes. The good ol fashioned "somebody hacked my twitters" excuse.

That infographic is the most aggy thing I've seen all day

This was pretty funny though

3399681.png

Hollingsworth is a UT baseball player
Kai Locksley is a FSU QB commit.

Kai Locksley for some reason "retweeted" this. I guess he can take a joke?

cashman

Banned
Here are where some of Mack Brown's early 2015 commits that have since decommitted are going to school now...

Keke Coutee - Texas Tech
Aaron Garza - Kansas
Jalen Campbell - Sam Houston State
Bryce English - undecided either SMU or Kansas St
Johnn Shaw - Lousiana Tech
Conner Lanfear - Texas A&M

Only one they kept was Patrck Vahe

Nice evals Mack.

ag-my001

Submitted without comment:

Infographic

At first I assumed it was a satirical post, maybe from goodbullhunting. There was no other reasonable explanation for including Chavis stats, tv ratings, and a transitive property that would give even threeballz pause.

Then I saw the TexAgs logo. The word ' reasonable ' has no place here.

I guess it's good we got that QB. I don't really care, so long as our defense improves.

andycapps

This has been expected for a while, but is unfortunate.

Rico isn't even the weirdest flip to happen to us. Isiah Prince, a 4* OT committed last Friday (I think?) and has already decommitted and will probably enroll at MCU or Maryland.

I've seen some people theorizing that Bama's class is full (lol is there such a thing at Bama?) and so they had to cut him loose.

Aggie inferiority complex still going strong.

See, this is what happens with A&M gets a modicum of success.. They start getting all uppity.

mre

I've seen some people theorizing that Bama's class is full (lol is there such a thing at Bama?) and so they had to cut him loose.
Those people are idiots. The only reason he would have been "cut loose" is if the staff felt he was already gone, and wanted to go ahead and make sure our other DB commits (e.g., Minkah Fitzpatrick) saw he was gone. I guess we'll see how much those people know when we either add to the class or don't.

andycapps

Those people are idiots. The only reason he would have been "cut loose" is if the staff felt he was already gone, and wanted to go ahead and make sure our other DB commits (e.g., Minkah Fitzpatrick) saw he was gone. I guess we'll see how much those people know when we either add to the class or don't.
I agree. He's too good to cut loose.

Richt had an in home visit last night with Terry Godwin (5 star WR flirting with Bama) and there are some priceless pictures from the visit. Looks like they pulled out the big guns there.. Richt was there, Schotty, John Lilly (tight ends coach), and Tony Ball (wide receivers coach).

wcZoksy.jpg

Fh69ji3.jpg

Limedust

Custis and McGraw were known to be gone for a little while, now, and we have good coverage with other recruits. I can't believe that anybody pushed McGraw out of the door, though. We would have taken him.

Only position I am interested in seeing us fill for this class is with OT. Having a known starter (outside of injury) for the next two years doesn't help when it comes to recruiting... Bama problems.

andycapps

Custis and McGraw were known to be gone for a little while, now, and we have good coverage with other recruits. I can't believe that anybody pushed McGraw out of the door, though. We would have taken him.

Only position I am interested in seeing us fill for this class is with OT. Having a known starter (outside of injury) for the next two years doesn't help when it comes to recruiting... Bama problems.

I want UGA to keep Godwin because he's going to be a big time college receiver. Big enough to line up wide or in the slot, and fast enough to maybe run some jet sweep type plays. I expect them to get him the ball and see what he can do with it this year when he's just learning the plays. Receivers have to be able to block at Georgia, and most of them didn't do much of that in highschool, so it's an adjustment.

UGA also has a big need for another OL. They're trying to get Nick Buchanan who is currently committed to Cal. I don't think he was offered by our prior OL coach and his family lives in Georgia but is from Cali so there are ties there. I think he'll probably flip to UGA or Florida, doesn't seem very committed to Cal.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Here are where some of Mack Brown's early 2015 commits that have since decommitted are going to school now...

Keke Coutee - Texas Tech
Aaron Garza - Kansas
Jalen Campbell - Sam Houston State
Bryce English - undecided either SMU or Kansas St
Johnn Shaw - Lousiana Tech
Conner Lanfear - Texas A&M

Only one they kept was Patrck Vahe

Nice evals Mack.

In his defense, a number of those guys were pretty highly recruited at the time they committed to Texas, but then they dropped off later.

- Coutee was a grades guy all the way; OU and Texas stopped recruiting him. As soon as it became known a couple of weeks ago that he WOULD qualify after all, his phone started ringing a lot again (not 100% sure if Texas called but I know Oklahoma did), but Tech was the only school that continued recruiting him when things looked shaky so he committed to us.
- I don't know what happened with Aaron Garza but practically everybody backed off of him. He reportedly had offers from Baylor, Auburn, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State early in the recruiting cycle but they were pretty much all rescinded.
- Same with Bryce English to a slightly lesser degree. Committed to Texas but they dropped him, committed to UCLA but they dropped him. Probably no longer has a lot of the offers that recruiting profiles list him as having.

Not familiar with the other 3.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I care about recruiting only because we all know we have to. You need them recruits for a good squad.

Damn if I don't wish we could not have to care though. Fans shouldn't worry about this shit. Coaches have to turn into morally amibgious car sales men. Players who are still let's face it still kids get pushed and pulled in all directions.

There just really isn't a viable alternative to it all, and the genie is out of the bottle so to speak. No real way to reign it in at this point.

I care about recruiting only because we all know we have to. You need them recruits for a good squad.

Damn if I don't wish we could not have to care though. Fans shouldn't worry about this shit. Coaches have to turn into morally amibgious car sales men. Players who are still let's face it still kids get pushed and pulled in all directions.

There just really isn't a viable alternative to it all, and the genie is out of the bottle so to speak. No real way to reign it in at this point.

I dont....

Hey we get some kids cool, if not whatever. Ill look up a guy after weve signed him and go cool hes the #6 wr or something. But im not losing sleep or even give on ounce of care if player x y or z signs.

KingGondo

Banned
I dont....

Hey we get some kids cool, if not whatever. Ill look up a guy after weve signed him and go cool hes the #6 wr or something. But im not losing sleep or even give on ounce of care if player x y or z signs.
Fans of the marquee programs have the luxury of not worrying about every recruit because there are always lots more awesome ones already signed.

Fans of programs like mine get all worked up over the big targets because we only get a few legitimate shots per year.

Draxal

Fans of the marquee programs have the luxury of not worrying about every recruit because there are always lots more awesome ones already signed.

Fans of programs like mine get all worked up over the big targets because we only get a few legitimate shots per year.

Pretty much schools Rutgers has to lock up its state, because it won't be getting marquee players from other states.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

It turns into caring more about not letting too many marquee players go to your direct rivals.

KingGondo

Banned
It turns into caring more about not letting too many marquee players go to your direct rivals.
Still though. The worst-case scenario for Bama is that they *only* sign a bunch of awesome 4* guys instead of those guys plus 2-3 5* gamechangers.

OSU is in the position of savoring every 4* it gets and finding 3* players with potential who have room to physically mature. Every now and then we get in on a 5* prospect, but I can't remember the last one we actually signed. It's been years.

andycapps

Still though. The worst-case scenario for Bama is that they *only* sign a bunch of awesome 4* guys instead of those guys plus 2-3 5* gamechangers.

OSU is in the position of savoring every 4* it gets and finding 3* players with potential who have room to physically mature. Every now and then we get in on a 5* prospect, but I can't remember the last one we actually signed. It's been years.

Yeah, we're ahead of you in that aspect I guess, but we're still nowhere close to what Bama gets. We have 2 5 star commits right now, but one of them is Terry Godwin and there is some concern he could flip to Bama. That would make him their 5th 5 star guy if he flipped.

mre

What the fuck is up with some people on this board, man? I just don't get it.

andycapps

What the fuck is up with some people on this board, man? I just don't get it.

Yeah, I almost said more in there but it wouldn't do any good. It's ironic that some people stereotype people in southern states which only serves to reveal their own ignorance when their intention is to make fun of citizens in southern states for being dumb.

Lonestar

Yeah, I almost said more in there but it wouldn't do any good. It's ironic that some people stereotype people in southern states which only serves to reveal their own ignorance when their intention is to make fun of citizens in southern states for being dumb.

Apparently, empty undeveloped land is abhorrent. Good thing they weren't alive 300+ years ago, the entire country was empty and undeveloped. Hell, 10,000 years ago, there was nothing out there but trees and Abe Vigoda. The Horror.

Well, at least you now feel Goldeneye's pain.

edit. And wasn't the entire thread trolling the OP/

No, more of the "Cultured and Civilized" people woke up and decided to agree with the OP.

I honestly couldn't tell if some of the people in that thread were in on a joke like the "murica" posts, or if they truly believed everyone in the south was just a walking stereotype. Just baffling.

Big program or small, the time to learn their names is that first time it gets mentioned in an actual game.

Draxal

Apparently, empty undeveloped land is abhorrent. Good thing they weren't alive 300+ years ago, the entire country was empty and undeveloped. Hell, 10,000 years ago, there was nothing out there but trees and Abe Vigoda. The Horror.

No, more of the "Cultured and Civilized" people woke up and decided to agree with the OP.

Ugh that sucks, my personal pet peeve is when soccer/footy gaf goes on their rants and raves about Handegg.

Meier, you need to do a better job of keeping your people in line.

Lonestar

Maybe getting rid of the Southern People might not be a bad thing...

9Z4Sut1.jpg

I'm in the right turn lane, Mr. Straight Lane Driver! You can't just decide you want to go right too and scrape off my front end!
Was an Auburn Fan, It's a Malzahn-Spiracy I tell ya!

I had a bit of fun in the NYC police going full military thread. Just a basic drive by thing. I've never really even lived in the south but the constant bashing is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom