• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Serious Chernobyl level meltdown drama going on about a linebacker recruit down here. I for one love crootin.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
How is Florida recruit class so bad? They are even behind Western Michigan on scouts rankings

Quantity matters. Rankings aren't an average, they're a sum. Scout apparently uses the top 25 recruits for each team's class, while I know Rivals uses 20.

Florida looks to be about 37th in the country on Scout as far as average stars per player. They may be getting around 102 points per recruit while Western Michigan is only getting about 57, but Western Michigan has over double the number of commits as Florida; Florida only has 10, while WMU has 27 (though only 25 count).

Limedust

Maybe getting rid of the Southern People might not be a bad thing...

9Z4Sut1.jpg

I'm in the right turn lane, Mr. Straight Lane Driver! You can't just decide you want to go right too and scrape off my front end!
Was an Auburn Fan, It's a Malzahn-Spiracy I tell ya!

We had our Cruze in the body shop for something similar about a year ago. Sitting still in a left turn lane waiting for the light to change... 18yo girl made a left turn through the light WHILE TEXTING. Hit us head-on.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Chad Morris posted this a few days ago on twitter -

wEVUN6k.png

Fun fact: that was actually a white out game for them. All that red you see isn't SMU fans, it's Texas Tech fans.

Chad Morris just posted this on twitter -

wEVUN6k.png

Fun fact: that was actually a white out game for them. All that red you see isn't SMU fans, it's Texas Tech fans.

I feel bad for Morris. I know he wanted to be a head coach and get back to Texas, but I feel like he could've waited for a power 5 position to become available.

Morris is an anomaly down there. If he can turn the program around he'll make it big. If he fails it will just confirm all the criticisms everyone had for him while he was OC.

I feel bad for Morris. I know he wanted to be a head coach and get back to Texas, but I feel like he could've waited for a power 5 position to become available.

Of the 12 schools in Texas that are D1-A, his recruiting class is ranked #6 in the state (top 50%). Not bad for a school coming off a 1-11 season. If this SMU jub is just a brief pit-stop for him, he's already putting himself in position to turn around SMU, which will look great on a resume

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
We had our Cruze in the body shop for something similar about a year ago. Sitting still in a left turn lane waiting for the light to change... 18yo girl made a left turn through the light WHILE TEXTING. Hit us head-on.

Using a program I found on the internet, here is a digital recreation, more or less.

MGaqrd6.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I love how jackasses in that thread seemingly have carte blanche to state that all southerners are racist homophobes and if it were not for the glorious and enlightened Northern part of the country we'd still be lynching minorities left and right.

I love how jackasses in that thread seemingly have carte blanche to state that all southerners are racist homophobes and if it were not for the glorious and enlightened Northern part of the country we'd still be lynching minorities left and right.
It's incredible how that shit is allowed to just go unchecked.

Lonestar

Until the rest of CFB-GAF publically condemns whats going on, then I can only assume they must be condoning or outright agreeing with those opinions.

That's how the internet works now, right?

Until the rest of CFB-GAF publically condemns whats going on, then I can only assume they must be condoning or outright agreeing with those opinions.

That's how the internet works now, right?

I categorically, emphatically, wholeheartedly repudiate the fact that, even though there was a labor stoppage and replacements were involved, Ohio State is our national champion.

Stand with me, CFB.

Chad Morris posted this a few days ago on twitter -

*snip*

Indiana has done that before, lol. Using a picture of a full house at Memorial Stadium from a game where we played Ohio State.

Coincidentally, Boston is like the most racist major city in the country.

cashman

Banned
Garrett Gilbert has a Super Bowl ring. So there's that.

It's nice to know that in Game&1 situations, Pete Carroll still doesn't know how to use his star running back.

Lendale was the better back that day. I think he made the right call in that game, just didn't work out for him.

Garrett Gilbert has a Super Bowl ring. So there's that.

Lendale was the better back that day. I think he made the right call in that game, just didn't work out for him.

Yeah Texas held Bush relatively in check. Lindale was having a better day. And practice squad players get rings? Are their rings cast in gold plated nickel?

Lonestar

Didn't think Dee Liner would be one of the players to transfer/process, but guess he's gone.

@Liner_25 Officially been released from the UofA!! Wanna thank them for everything they have done for me and the opportunity they gave me

He was on the D-Line.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

SMU alums have money, and the fanbase is reasonably dedicated if not small. It's also in the only part of Dallas that is livable. Buy a nice house in Lower Greenville. So there is that.

I think he probably just got tired of waiting, and because of his contract structure he had to become a head coach... Texas had a decent amount of interest in him as an OC, but his contract made the buy out nearly impossible.

Texas, Aggy, Baylor, TCU head coaches aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Tech is probably going to give Kingsbury another 2-3 years no matter what his performance is, and I doubt they are going to make a move for a big name offensive guru if Kingsbury continues to fail.

It's probably the 6th best job in Texas.

Texas
Aggy
Tech
Baylor
TCU
SMU

I sort of get the move. It was his best way back to Texas that happens before 5 years from now.

cdyhybrid

Pete says he is the one who made the call. Wouldn't be surprising given his history of overruling his OC in key situations.

That's because Pete's not a coward like Bevell, who threw Lockette under the bus instead.

I bet we'll see the Seahawks return to mediocrity now, Pete will get fired and go back to USC, and the team will hire their DL coach as their new HC without interviewing him.

Those Carroll-Harbaugh Rose Bowls will be great!

Lonestar

Liner had spent two seasons with the Tide but had problems finding his way onto the field. In 2013, he looked to be heading for a redshirt year but played in the Tennessee game due to injuries at the position. He recorded one solo tackle and one assist in that game but did not see playing time the rest of the season. This past season, he participated in three games and made one tackle.

Liner was a 4-star out of Muscle Shoals, AL making his announcement on ESPNU picking Bama over Auburn.

Blurb on his time here.

Basically, he didn't catch enough fire to get into the main rotation, and newer players have. He might have a chance to finally get in there this upcoming season, but decided not to stay. Seems like he's a true Junior, having his Freshman year RedShirt pulled because of 1 game.

I finished the regular season of my NCAA 11 Bizarro Dynasty. Nebraska won the Big 12 and faces undefeated Boise State for the MNC.

Meanwhile my UCF Fighting Citronauts went 11-1 and beat Rutgers in the Big East title game. This victory moved me from #11 to #10 and jumped me from an Orange Bowl appearance against the ACC champ to a Sugar Bowl Appearance against 1 loss SEC champ ARKANSAS.

Also my running back Brynn Harvey won the Heisman trophy over Doug Martin of Boise State. I think Connor Cook came in third and Andrew Luck came in fourth.

JCX

Lasted lesss than a month before crawling back to NCAA 14. This season I took the lowest ranked of the power conferences and replaced with the champion of its paired non-power conference. Going to make the EMU Eagles national champs.

Just realized that is has been a tough few weeks for the Northwest. First Oregon loses the CFP championship, and then yesterday Seattle loses on a dumb playcall. The northeast would send condolence cards but they are buried 3 feet under snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom