• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Just realized that is has been a tough few weeks for the Northwest. First Oregon loses the CFP championship, and then yesterday Seattle loses on a dumb playcall. The northeast would send condolence cards but they are buried 3 feet under snow.
Bill Barnwell made a great point about the Super Bowl in his wrap-up column: the play that Dont'a Hightower made to shed Russell Okung and tackle Lynch at the 1 was incredible and saved the game.

My overriding point being: SEC SEC SEC.

Bill Barnwell made a great point about the Super Bowl in his wrap-up column: the play that Dont'a Hightower made to shed Russell Okung and tackle Lynch at the 1 was incredible and saved the game.

It's the real game changing play no one is talking about.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's the real game changing play no one is talking about.

xlBUVxh.gif

I'm talking about it

andycapps

No, the real person that saved the game for the Patriots was Pete Carroll or their OC, whoever called that last slant route from the 1.

No, the real person that saved the game for the Patriots was Pete Carroll or their OC, whoever called that last slant route from the 1.

I think the real person that saved the game was whatever doctor allowed an obviously concussed Julian Edelman to continue playing.

Talon

Wait, Gary Andersen threw Oregon State under the bus by complaining about the academic standards at Wisconsin?

Brilliant!

Oh yeah I went to a Superbowl party last night and talked with this girl who went to Rutgers. I name dropped Kyle Flood and Gary Nova to break the ice which proved to be a bad idea. Apparently the tendency to go on visceral rants on the subject extend outside our rugters CFB GAF posters.

Oh yeah I went to a Superbowl party last night and talked with this girl who went to Rutgers. I name dropped Kyle Flood and Gary Nova to break the ice which proved to be a bad idea. Apparently the tendency to go on visceral rants on the subject extend outside our rugters CFB GAF posters.

Poor Rutgers.

Yeah... I've had a few people who have had multiple experiences with Rutgers fans beyond me ask me why we hate our coaches. Cue long-winded rant from me.

Draxal

Its a jersey thing.

Nova was pretty good last year though.

Not surprised.

Recruiting was never going to be a problem for that staff :p

True, development is going to be the thing that matters.

Also, I noticed on Scout.com that Tennessee had 28 recruits, which seemed like a lot, so I sorted by class size.

Army 60
Navy 48
UTSA 31
Air Force 30
Idaho 29
Tennessee 28 (and scout.com's 2nd ranked class)
Miss State 27

I get the service academies but did some of these schools just lose their entire roster?

Meier

True, development is going to be the thing that matters.

Also, I noticed on Scout.com that Tennessee had 28 recruits, which seemed like a lot, so I sorted by class size.

Army 60
Navy 48
UTSA 31
Air Force 30
Idaho 29

I get the service academies but did some of these schools just lose their entire roster?

I think UTSA has only had a football team for like 2 or 3 years now so they probably are just still building -- lots of turnover I'd imagine. No clue Idaho's reason.

Here's tomorrow's hat selecting schedule. I hope someone chooses a Texas hat, but I won't hold my breath

-- All times EST

8:30: No. 234 Jamile Johnson Jr.
8:35: No. 111 Chris Clark (ESPNU)
8:45: No. 210 Pat Allen
9:00 No. 102 Chris Warren III
9:10: No. 1 Byron Cowart (ESPNU)
9:20: No. 28 Soso Jamabo (ESPNU)
9:30: No. 59 Daylon Charlot
9:30: No. 223 Isaiah Prince
10:00 No. 242 Ryan Davis
10:15: No. 164 Rico McGraw
10:30: No. 46 Jeffery Holland (ESPNU)
10:45: No. 2 Terry Beckner Jr. (ESPNU)
11:00 No. 289 Kai Locksley
11:05: No. 105 Joshua Wariboko (ESPNU)
11:20: No. 29 Roquan Smith (ESPNU)
11:35: No. 5 Martez Ivey (ESPNU)
12:05: No. 57 DaMarkus Lodge (ESPNU)
12:35: No. 6 Daylon Mack (ESPNU)
1:00 No. 168 Kendrick Norton
1:30 No. 121 Nick Brossette
2:05: No. 9 CeCe Jefferson (ESPNU)
2:15: No. 41 Rasheem Green (ESPNU)
2:20: No. 56 John Houston Jr. (ESPNU)
2:35: No. 130 Cordell Broadus (ESPNU)
3:15: No. 63 Equanimeous St. Brown (ESPNU)
3:45: No. 283 Arrington Farrar
4:05: No. 4 Iman Marshall (ESPNU)
4:10: No. 172 Joseph Wicker (ESPNU)
6:00 No. 43 Terry Godwin

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, Minkah Fitzpatrick Took steps to make it more likely he's going to Alabama.

Five-star cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick took one step close to become an official member of the Alabama 2015 recruiting class on Tuesday when he signed his LOI to the Tide at a signing ceremony at his school.

Signing ceremony and chose Alabama, just has to send it in tomorrow. Would be a Kouandjio situation if he decided to change his mind now.

Well, Minkah Fitzpatrick Took steps to make it more likely he's going to Alabama.

Signing ceremony and chose Alabama, just has to send it in tomorrow. Would be a Kouandjio situation if he decided to change his mind now.

I doubt he'll change his mind at this point. St. Peters runs a tight ship.

Draxal

Minkah was never in danger of flipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom