• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished the regular season of my NCAA 11 Bizarro Dynasty. Nebraska won the Big 12 and faces undefeated Boise State for the MNC.

Meanwhile my UCF Fighting Citronauts went 11-1 and beat Rutgers in the Big East title game. This victory moved me from #11 to #10 and jumped me from an Orange Bowl appearance against the ACC champ to a Sugar Bowl Appearance against 1 loss SEC champ ARKANSAS.

Also my running back Brynn Harvey won the Heisman trophy over Doug Martin of Boise State. I think Connor Cook came in third and Andrew Luck came in fourth.

Did I say 1 loss SEC champ? I meant 10-3 #3 in the nation SEC champ Arkansas. Even the EA programmers and designers knew about SEC bias!

They even finished #2 in the Coaches Poll and 3 in the BCS by .002! Could you imagine a 3 loss SEC champ finishing that close to a 1 loss Big 12 champ? I guess the game did this because Michigan State lost the B1G championship game to Purdue and Arkansas squeaked by #12 Tennessee by 3 in the SEC title game.

Early signing day roundup.
Deon Cain- 5* WR
Christian Wilkins- 5* DT
Garrett Williams- 4* TE
Clelin Ferrell- 4* DE
Ray Ray McCloud- 4* RB
LaSamuel Davis- 3* DE
Tanner Mush- 3* Safety
J.D. Davis- 2* LB
Judah Davis- 2* LB

Sweet grabs, especially to fill our depleted defensive line

Brady Hoke is joining the ND staff
That's surprising. Pretty nice job to find himself in after being ran out of town.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

Meier

Soso to UCLA

That's a pretty big shocker. I think everyone had him penciled in to Texas.. with Mack going back to A&M seemingly, Charlie is probably a bit bummed. Who did you guys flip (other than Kai the other day)? Anyone of note?

Kacar

4* KJ Hill from Arkansas flipped to Ohio State from Arkansas. This pleases me the most of our recruits because fuck Bert.

Its our first recruit from the state of Arkansas since at least 1970. That seems crazy.

Edit: looks like Asian girls were the reason Soso went to UCLA.
Officially committed...Asian girls everywhere...UCLA <3

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
That's a pretty big shocker. I think everyone had him penciled in to Texas.. with Mack going back to A&M seemingly, Charlie is probably a bit bummed. Who did you guys flip (other than Kai the other day)? Anyone of note?

Most had him going to UCLA from what I've been hearing, actually.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well we got the three guys I wanted even though I knew they weren't gonna flip. So I'm happy for GT.

Welcome Will Bryan, AJ Gray, and Victor Alexander to the Flats!!!

andycapps

Well we got the three guys I wanted even though I knew they weren't gonna flip. So I'm happy for GT.

Welcome Will Bryan, AJ Gray, and Victor Alexander to the Flats!!!

You got a diamond in the rough with Brad Stewart. Not offering him is going to come back to bite us. I'm not sure why more top programs didn't offer him and why he wasn't ranked higher.

KingGondo

Banned
Its our first recruit from the state of Arkansas since at least 1970. That seems crazy.
That doesn't surprise me that much. Not many marquee recruits come from Arkansas, there isn't any connection to the B1G, plus it isn't very close to Ohio.

Hell, Oklahoma borders Arkansas and I can't think of any players from there on OU or OSU's roster.

And Chris Warren apparently picked Texas over Washington, OSU and Tech.

Vanillalite

You got a diamond in the rough with Brad Stewart. Not offering him is going to come back to bite us. I'm not sure why more top programs didn't offer him and why he wasn't ranked higher.

Alexander was only a 3 star and he was the "4th" best at his position in FL.

I'll never understand rankings sometimes.

Meier

Most had him going to UCLA from what I've been hearing, actually.

I guess that must have changed in the past few days. Certainly wasn't the case in the lead up. I know the sports guy from the local news had him predicted to come here when they had a little segment last week. Looking at this article from Burnt Orange Nation from a few days ago though:

As of late last week, both prospects were telling people close to the Texas program that they planned on signing with Texas on Wednesday, a source told Burnt Orange Nation on Thursday night.
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/2/2/7967701/soso-jamabo-daylon-mack-eliminate-texas-longhorns

I was really hoping Texas would get Mack. That kid is an absolute monster and is a guaranteed top 5 pick in a few years IMO.

cashman

Banned

Flipped an Oregon DB who we came in late for, and also flipped a player from UCLA who had a big announcement ceremony a few weeks ago, but looked REALLY uncomfortable with his choice.

Draxal

Alexander was only a 3 star and he was the "4th" best at his position in FL.

I'll never understand rankings sometimes.

Rivals rankings have gone down the shitter since they lost a couple of their recruiting guys to 24/7.

In general take all ranking sites with a grain of salt, as they have 7-8 guys covering all these high schools, and it's just not possible.

Rivals rankings have gone down the shitter since they lost a couple of their recruiting guys to 24/7.

In general take all ranking sites with a grain of salt, as they have 7-8 guys covering all these high schools, and it's just not possible.

It's two-forty-seven, you know that.

All I know is that all the guys we are getting are "rising" stars and "a nice pickup for the position". The poor writers are reaching for superlatives and, um, not getting any.

Kacar

As long as reports are positive I've never really been concerned with recruiting.

Scrolling through my timeline and it seems like Florida is having a super rough day.

andycapps

I'm probably most excited so far that Trenton Thompson's commitment is finally official. He's the #1 overall player according to 247, and the #1 DT. He's been compared to Suh in his explosiveness, and should play right away.

Also, UGA got a commitment from Patrick Allen out of Maryland after he'd decommited last week or the week before and thought about signing with Tennessee. He's a good 4 star OL that we needed. Brings us to 4 offensive linemen, which makes me feel okay.

Vanillalite

Maybe it's my East Coast Bias showing but it seems the reoccuring trend is everyone staying home in the East/South/Mid West vs going to PAC 12 land.

I could be over reaching though.

andycapps

Mark Richt just got asked by a fan at their signing day Q&A what he thought about the last playcall in the Super Bowl. Sigh.

Butch pls.

wPD9IXP.png

Vanillalite

GT got everyone on the list even the rumored people. I don't expect this class to rank high on the "lists" but this is arguably the best class we've had in a decade edging out the 2007 class.

Who'd a thunk winning helps you with recruiting?

Vanillalite

Mark Richt just got asked by a fan at their signing day Q&A what he thought about the last playcall in the Super Bowl. Sigh.

Butch pls.

wPD9IXP.png

Talk to one of my best friends over the weekend who while he's a UGA fan had to live in Knoxville for a few years while his wife did her residency. He thinks UT could be a surprise this year.

I pretty much said Butch pls too! LOL

jjasper

Butch is good at cruitin'

Edit: Bow tie Butch is a classy dude. Always making sure the bank has money so the checks clear.

andycapps

Talk to one of my best friends over the weekend who while he's a UGA fan had to live in Knoxville for a few years while his wife did her residency. He thinks UT could be a surprise this year.

I pretty much said Butch pls too! LOL

Honestly I think they will be pretty good. Jalen Hurd was great as a true freshman, and their QB situation should be pretty decent. They're getting another great recruiting class so I expect them to be a dark horse for the East. I probably wouldn't pick them to win the division, but playing them won't be an automatic win for anybody.

What is happening to Florida's recruiting class today? They've lost a couple good commits, and didn't really have that many to begin with.

Clemson's recruiting class is done before noon. Though apparently we have 3 2016 targets that are announcing today, and I believe are all Clemson leans.

Edit: Apparently one of the 2016 guys just committed. 4* WR out of NC.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like everybody we had committed is in for us, plus we added the expected two announcing players in DB Jamile Johnson and WR JF Thomas (who flipped from TCU). Now we play the waiting game for the announcements of a couple more OL and a DE, only one of the three of which I would say we have a good chance at getting (and he's likely departing for a mormon mission for the next two years).

I like the talent we added individually but am really concerned about DL depth starting in the 2016 season. We really needed numbers on the DL in this class and we just didn't end up with them.

Silkworm

UF keeps Ivey!!!! Woo!!!!! :-D Great pickup at a major position of need. Hope CeCe follows suit later this afternoon. Go Gators!

4* KJ Hill from Arkansas flipped to Ohio State from Arkansas. This pleases me the most of our recruits because fuck Bert.

Edit: looks like Asian girls were the reason Soso went to UCLA.

Dat yellow fever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
UF keeps Ivey!!!! Woo!!!!! :-D Great pickup at a major position of need. Hope CeCe follows suit later this afternoon. Go Gators!

Can't let Auburn take everyone, right?

Hope Alabama has a chance at CeCe, mostly because I think he's the only "mystery" for Alabama on Signing Day. It was 95% complete already, making for a boring signing day.

I will say it's damn good to have a Warmack on the Roster again.

andycapps

Can't let Auburn take everyone, right?

Hope Alabama has a chance at CeCe, mostly because I think he's the only "mystery" for Alabama on Signing Day. It was 95% complete already, making for a boring signing day.

I will say it's damn good to have a Warmack on the Roster again.

Rico Mcgraw ended up signing with UGA, which probably wasn't any surprise to anyone following Bama's recruiting.

Terry Godwin at 6 PM is probably the most important news remaining for us. Really need to hope he signs as WR is a real position of need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom