• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
an answer from one of Cyan's brethren:

Short answer:
LSU athletics is supported by the Tiger Athletic Foundation (TAF) and does not receive aide from the university. As another poster pointed out they in fact give back to the university.

Poli board answer:
The budget will begin the slow road to recovery once the state gets a governor who cares more about being a governor than a president. Current administration is capable just apathetic.

TAGAFUUUUUCK

AntoneM

The only scary FCS team is NDSU who just won their 4th straight in a "rebuilding" year after losing 24 seniors from the 2013 team.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The only scary FCS team is NDSU who just won their 4th straight in a "rebuilding" year after losing 24 seniors from the 2013 team.

Why do they still have their coach?

Edit: Never mind, they did lose their coach last year. Crazy that success is still so consistent with 24 lost seniors and a lost head coach.

The midwest region is the new football powerhouse, as shown by Ohio States championship and Indiana beating Mizzou last season

CFP 2015

Ohio State
Michigan State
Michigan
Notre Dame

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Here's mine.

Mizzou
Auburn (SEC SEC SEC SEC)
Clemson
Memphis
I was going to argue about how you can't leave out LSU, but then I remembered that LSU probably won't exist as a university by the fall anyway.

Carry on.

Cardale Jones ‏@CJ12_ 33m33 minutes ago
Man I wish everyone stop saying I beat a kid in the hospital 91-35.... It was 98-35, had 91 with 1:26 left in the 4th

Lunar15

Here's my "God Hates the Gators" CFP bracket. A completely non-realistic doosmday scenario that would just cause Gator fans to stop watching football all together.

Ohio State (Hey Urban)
Texas (Hey Charlie Strong)
Auburn (Hey Muschamp)
Florida State (War chant plays on loop forever)

cdyhybrid

Here's my "God Hates the Gators" CFP bracket. A completely non-realistic doosmday scenario that would just cause Gator fans to stop watching football all together.

Ohio State (Hey Urban)
Texas (Hey Charlie Strong)
Auburn (Hey Muschamp)
Florida State (War chant plays on loop forever)

Auburn over Georgia?

Lunar15

Auburn over Georgia?

Georiga would be pretty cataclysmic, but I guess I've just never hated them all that much. My sister went there, after all, and I've never really disliked Richt. (He actually graduated from my high school and played football there)

I think Muschamp going to the CFB immediately after leaving UF would be pretty salt-inducing.

Actually, on second thought, remove Florida State and add Louisana Tech with Driskel as lead QB. I'm talking all out armageddon here. Might as well just dissolve the entire program at that point.

andycapps

The self destructiveness of red states never ceases to amaze.

Surely that won't actually happen, right?

Alabama RB, Tyren Jones, was suspended indefinitely due to "conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program." Apparently Jonathan Taylor having aggravated assault charges and domestic charges pending against him is up to the standard of the Alabama football program.

The funny thing is that Saban says he talked to Taylor's JUCO coach, but Richt says Saban never called him about Taylor.

Limedust

Alabama RB, Tyren Jones, was suspended indefinitely due to "conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program." Apparently Jonathan Taylor having aggravated assault charges and domestic charges pending against him is up to the standard of the Alabama football program.

The funny thing is that Saban says he talked to Taylor's JUCO coach, but Richt says Saban never called him about Taylor.

Pretty sure that none of the Bama crowd here is happy about Taylors being brought in to the program. That said, Tyren has gotten himself suspended before, which almost always means he needs to pay better attention to his grades and class attendance.

andycapps

Pretty sure that none of the Bama crowd here is happy about Taylors being brought in to the program. That said, Tyren has gotten himself suspended before, which almost always means he needs to pay better attention to his grades and class attendance.

Right, I know no Bama fans here are a fan of Taylor going to the program, I'm just sounding off on how ridiculous it is. And that's not even bringing up Pettway.

Losing the Fridge sucks. Dude was a baller coach.

Hope McDaniels can channel his brother's coordinating magic, and not his head coaching magic.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Gotta clear up that glut at RB somehow.

mre

Gotta clear up that glut at RB somehow.

Ha, I totally agree that this seems more like a "roster management" move than anything else.
"Roster management"? You have to be kidding me. First off, he hasn't been released. Secondly, we're not even at a scholarship crunch this year. Thirdly, we have very little depth at his position. Here's where we stand on RBs:

Sr.: Drake
Jr.: Henry
So.: T. Jones
rsFr: none
Fr: Scarborough, Harris, Flowers.

That's... not much depth at all, considering we've already lost Yeldon (Sr.), Fowler (Sr., converted to fullback), Tenpenny (So.), and Kamara (So.) over the past year.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
"Roster management"? You have to be kidding me. First off, he hasn't been released. Secondly, we're not even at a scholarship crunch this year. Thirdly, we have very little depth at his position. Here's where we stand on RBs:

That's... not much depth at all, considering we've already lost Yeldon (Sr.), Fowler (Sr., converted to fullback), Tenpenny (So.), and Kamara (So.) over the past year.

I'd imagine that Henry is a lock for the NFL draft after next season as well.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

To be fair, I was joking.

I also wasn't aware Tenpenny was transferring, I saw some talk about it but nothing was done at that point.

mre

Limedust

... and Drake is questionable, and Bo will likely fill Fowler's spot at H-back/F-back. So pick one of the true freshmen to play in the standard rotation and pray that nobody gets injured or suspended over the course of the entire season.

Lonestar

At least Bo and Flowers are already enrolled, giving them a little more time before the fall, while Harris doesn't. I imagine Bo and Flowers getting alot of A-Day time.

andycapps

I didn't go through Bama's depth chart prior to posting, I thought we were at the greyshirt time of year right after NSD where some guys are cut loose.

Meier

I don't know how we'll manage it, but I think FSU will end up in the playoff again.

72085881.jpg

Lonestar

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 20m20 minutes ago
#USC announces ex #OkState asst Bob Connelly as Trojans new offensive line coach and run game coordinator

Game over, Trogans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom