• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limedust

Do you know what a "bone age" is? A kid can get an xray of his/her hand at a young age, and it will accurately project their adult height. Its a great recruiting tool.

And yeah I saw an endocrinologist as a child and got a bone age when I was 12. It said I would grow up to be 5'7". I'm 26 years old and 5'7"

My basic point is that I find it creepy to be evaluating 12yo little boys.

Had roughly the same thing done when I was in 8th grade (so... 14yo). I was just under 5' tall and under 100 pounds at the time.

I had a late growth spurt to put me around 6'1" by the time I graduated HS, but still only weighed 108. I'm downright portly at 150 lbs today.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
They actually have another player that same age in their database as well -

2GLR8xP.jpg

This one's not as funny, I guess, because at 5'11" 170 he's actually bigger than some senior RBs that just signed LOIs to FBS schools.

cashman

Banned
A 5'2" pocket passer.

They probably took the measurables of his parents, because PP's need to be 6'1" at least. They must be anticipating a >10" growth spurt between now and college for him.

Why are you talking about 12 year olds and PPs? I'm not comfortable with where this thread is heading.

andycapps

My basic point is that I find it creepy to be evaluating 12yo little boys.

Had roughly the same thing done when I was in 8th grade (so... 14yo). I was just under 5' tall and under 100 pounds at the time.

I had a late growth spurt to put me around 6'1" by the time I graduated HS, but still only weighed 108. I'm downright portly at 150 lbs today.

150 lbs at 6'1". That's crazy. The lightest I was at my height was 180, and I was skin and bones. I'm 215 now, though I do lift. Not as lean as I want to be but I'm getting there.

Also, looks like we may need to audition for another SEC member: Auburn athletics reports $13.6 million deficit in 2013-14

There was a picture from Auburn yesterday that I was just trying to find where it claimed they were the #1 public university in the country, and a bunch of other stuff that means something to the Auburn Family.

Well that's something.

andycapps

In today's lesson in why Auburn sucks...

According to Columbus, Ga., television station WTVM, Malzahn and assistant athletic director David Gunn called Ashley Ozyurt to apologize for the actions of the players, who were identified as freshmen defensive linemen Dontavius Russell and Andrew Williams. Ozyurt, a non-combat veteran who was never deployed, told WTVM she uses the service dog to help cope with PTSD brought on by sexual assault when she was in the military.

HRCrhdM.png

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Waiting on the new ATPB topic, henceforth known as ATPW.

As The Plains Burns, As the Plains Whistles, DEEP SOUTH MEME ALERT

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure they'll be suspended for a quarter. Maybe even a half during their spring game.

They'll each be suspended for a full game, but using the Gary Patterson method that "full game" will be split up across 4 games throughout the season as individual quarters. Those 4 games will be Jacksonville State, San Jose State, Idaho, and the bye week.

andycapps

They'll each be suspended for a full game, but using the Gary Patterson method that "full game" will be split up across 4 games throughout the season as individual quarters. Those 4 games will be Jacksonville State, San Jose State, Idaho, and the bye week.

Let's get real, they didn't actually break any laws here, and Auburn doesn't suspend players when they do that. What makes you think they'll suspend these jackasses for being shitty people?

That said, their first game is Louisville, who lost a lot of players this last year. I'm not sure what the expectations are for them, but I'd expect that if these guys are suspended and were expected to contribute in any significant way, that they'd be suspended the following week against Jax State.

Meier

For what it's worth, the photo is apparently from mid January which explains a lot. Whitfield mentioned the leash played a role as well of course. We'll see how he weighs in tomorrow.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If they were NFL players bound by a contract I could see it, but you cant suspend scholarship athletes for being shit people.
You absolutely can and should suspend scholarship athletes for being shit people.

It just usually goes like this: "Man, that kid is such an asshole that I should probably suspend him, but god damn he can spin a pretty ball. Son, grab your helmet. You're my starter!"

andycapps

Those Trees must have done something horrific, to deserve such Cruel and Unusual Punishment.

To know that you'll have the dead remains of your kind thrown all over you, week after week, and then proceed to have it all pressure washed right off of you, so they can do it again the next week.

Truly horrible.

I was thinking the whole time I read the story that it's a tradition befitting of the university when one of their great traditions is rolling some prized trees with toilet paper.

Your perspective is also a good one though.

UGA will open the 2016 season against UNC in the Chik-fil-A kickoff game. Was rumored to be FSU vs UGA in the past couple weeks, but that didn't happen with FSU getting a matchup with Ole Miss.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nuts that Tennessee hasn't appeared off the floormat in a decade, still #2 overall in the conference.

For all those years of Florida running things, still tied for Fifth.

ag-my001

They won't do it unless the other four power conferences agree. Would probably create a huge change in basketball, as I don't see the NBA upping their minimum age to 20. We'd see a bunch more kids go to Europe for a year to play.

I did kinda like the proposal posted on sbnation by a Mizzou coach: just give kids a fifth year of eligibility. The big stars would still leave early, but others would get more playing time to develop and an extra year to do their nominal job of earning their degree.

Edit: Miss. St., not Mizzou.

In related news, I'm considering discovering cold fusion, retiring young and then flying my space dragon to my unicorn ranch on Mars where I'll while away the remainder of my years as president of the Universe.

andycapps

Oh hell yeah. Florida Awaiting NCAA Infractions Report Regarding Football

The NCAA is expected to release its findings Friday of an infractions investigation believed to involve former wide receivers coach Joker Phillips.

The NCAA said it would disclose its report Friday afternoon. Florida released a brief statement, which made it fairly clear that the investigation involves Phillips, who abruptly resigned last June citing personal reasons. The school said it would be the "final resolution to a matter that we dealt with last June regarding one of our former assistant football coaches."

Phillips has since become the receivers coach for the NFL's Cleveland Browns, meaning any NCAA infractions would have little effect on him.

One of the newer guys at work played football for the Trogans. I now know from google he was 3 star recruit who didn't play his senior year due to a "medical hardship".

I guess this is just a remind that what the NCAA says is true, most players go pro in something other than sports after college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom