• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
20150220_1633071du90.jpg

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It'll hurt football, but it'll absolutely end any top basketball recruiting.
I, for one, think the B1G should definitely adopt this proposal to demonstrate to the rest of the world that their commitment is to the student, not the student-athlete.

Vic Beasley showed up at 6'3" 246, 10 lbs more than he was at Clemson. Then he proceeded to do 35 reps at 225, had a 41" vertical, and run a 4.53 40. Dude is going to get paid.

mre

Auburn's response to one of their football players heckling a disabled veteran with her service animal:

On Tuesday, February 17th Auburn Athletics was made aware of an incident in the lobby area of Haley Center involving two student-athletes and an interaction with a fellow student and her service dog.

Based on conversations with the students, it’s our belief that neither of the student-athletes, Andrew Williams nor Dontavius Russell, did anything with disrespectful intent. From a distance, Andrew made noises trying to get the dog’s attention. He didn't understand the purpose of the dog or realize that the student was a disabled veteran. Dontavius had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever as he was only walking to class.

Andrew offers the following message to the female student. “I want to take this opportunity to apologize for raising my voice. I was startled and totally misunderstood the situation. My mother and father who raised me both served in the military. I have tremendous respect for veterans. In the past week, I've learned a lot more about the role of service dogs for veterans and now better understand her courage to attend Auburn.”

The matter is under review by the university’s Office of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity. We have and will continue to cooperate, and we understand the review must be allowed to follow its normal course.

Auburn has a long history of supporting the men and women who have served our country. We look forward to adding new programs and educational offerings that raise awareness about service dogs and the challenges that often impact those who serve. Both of the student-athletes affected by the incident were raised by military families and value all that Auburn does in support of the many military appreciation related activities.

Bear in mind that this was the complaint:

HRCrhdM.png

KingGondo

Banned
One of our receivers (Ra'Shaad Samples) is transferring from OSU.

He's very talented (and fast) but he didn't see much of the field. Highly recruited though. One of the few guys we have that was offered by Texas.

KingGondo

Banned
Such blatant bullshit from the Auburn PR department.

Reminds me of Mississippi State trying to cover for their center who blatantly stomped on some dudes in a game.

ag-my001

Such blatant bullshit from the Auburn PR department.

Reminds me of Mississippi State trying to cover for their center who blatantly stomped on some dudes in a game.
They had a big game the next week. I'm honestly surprised (in a cynical way) that Auburn didn't issue a statement about punishment and education and then hope no one would bring it up again.

So they finally found a way to stop Urban huh?

Him, along with my parents, and an entire cruise ship of OSU fans have been stranded off the coast for 2 days due to heavy fog preventing them form getting to port.

Branduil

Gross now we have a Pedo State coach to go with our Rape Apologist basketball coach.

Dan Guerrero is such an incompetent scumbag.

Auburn's response to one of their football players heckling a disabled veteran with her service animal:

Bear in mind that this was the complaint:

HRCrhdM.png

Ugh, so disgusting. I love the "Well we didn't know she was a vet" defense, like that excuses anything.

cashman

Banned
From Deadspin:

Coveted Aggy recruit Daylon Mack's father somehow ended up with a trademark for #WRTS (We Run This State), even though the phrase was coined by A&M and the school is notoriously litigious over its brand.

http://deadspin.com/how-did-a-texas-a-m-recruits-dad-end-up-with-a-trademar-1686107690#

Hmm.

The phrase was from the Mack family I believe.

On a related note I need to take a step back from this whole crootin buisness. It's kinda creepy now that you're older than the players.

andycapps

mre

I love LSU. So, so much. Without apologies, lifted from Tigerdroppings:

According to a report by The Advocate, LSU was hit with recruiting sanctions by the Southeastern Conference.

An unnamed prospect (Matt Womack) signed a financial aid agreement with LSU last fall, giving the coaching staff unlimited contact with him during the recruiting period, but the prospect didn’t enroll early. With the financial aid agreement, the recruited player has to enroll early or the school violates the unlimited contact provision. Instead, the prospect decommitted from LSU and signed a scholarship to another university (ALABAMA).

Because the prospect didn’t enroll at LSU, the Tigers cannot sign any players to financial aid agreements for the next two seasons. In addition, LSU will also lose 21 — 10 percent — of its 2015 recruiting evaluation days.

Here’s the report from The Advocate:

Matt Womack, an offensive tackle from Mississippi, signed a financial aid agreement with LSU in August intending to enroll at the school in January. Instead, Womack de-committed — as hundreds of prospects do each year — and signed a National Letter of Intent with Alabama in February.

LSU officials declined comment.

Financial aid agreements, instituted by the NCAA in the fall of 2013, allow high school seniors who plan to enroll early to sign with that school starting Aug. 1 of their senior years.

A financial aid agreement doesn’t bind the player to that particular school like a National Letter of Intent does, but it affords coaches of that school unlimited contact with the signee — contact that would normally be considered against NCAA rules.

The NCAA modified the financial aid agreement (FAA) in April. It continued to allowed schools “relaxed recruiting rules” for prospects who signed an financial aid agreement, but it also warned schools that they could be penalized for recruiting violations if that prospect did not eventually enroll in that school.

David Womack, Matt Womack’s father, told The Clarion-Ledger in the fall that LSU coaches were not planning to contact his son on an unlimited basis because Matt wasn’t completely firm on enrolling early or on his commitment to LSU.
LSU fans are losing their shit over this: http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...tions-after-prospect-backs-out-of-commitment/

andycapps

That's brought up in the article.

A&M was the first school to start using it consistently as part of a marketing push.

Well fuck A&M for stealing our slogan. UGA has been using that every year since 2009. I don't really care about them using the acronym but if they try to say that they came up with the saying, I've got news for them.

qQEyKlJ.jpg

mre

Well fuck A&M for stealing our slogan. UGA has been using that every year since 2009. I don't really care about them using the acronym but if they try to say that they came up with the saying, I've got news for them.

qQEyKlJ.jpg
It's just the hashtag that is trademarked. I'd have to check to confirm, but I think the complete mark is "#WRTS."

andycapps

It's just the hashtag that is trademarked. I'd have to check to confirm, but I think the complete mark is "#WRTS."

Well whatever, it's just dumb that they're trying to trademark a hashtag for something they didn't come up with, even if it's just the hashtag of the acronym of the saying they stole. What are they, the new Xerox U?

In searching for this, it looks like Okie Lite has some We Run This State shirts? Maybe they're unofficial?:jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom