• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Well whatever, it's just dumb that they're trying to trademark a hashtag for something they didn't come up with, even if it's just the hashtag of the acronym of the saying they stole. What are they, the new Xerox U?

In searching for this, it looks like Okie Lite has some We Run This State shirts? Maybe they're unofficial?:jnc
They claim championships that don't exist, this should be no surprise!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Abilene Christian and incarnate word. Man, all they need now is to add is HBU and they'll have the Texas cupcake trifecta

Edit for mre: HBU = Houston baptist university
Knowing that it was in Texas should have been enough to clue me in that it was Abilene Christian University.

Meier

I actually saw an Abilene Christian University sticker on a car the other day. They had the same color as TCU (purple).

Ohio State self-reported 47 minor Big Ten and NCAA rules violations in 2014, including one as the result of an accidental text sent by a football coach’s 4-year-old son.

OSU wide receivers coach Zach Smith’s son picked up his father’s cell phone when a recruit called on May 27, and accidentally sent an automatic text message in return. The university sent a letter of education to the football coaches after the incident in regards to NCAA texting rules and phone security.

The NCAA did not review the case as part of its interpretations philosophy, which allows for flexibility when reviewing rule violations.

andycapps

I saw on ESPN or somewhere that USC had scheduled a directional Michigan school and a couple of other low tier programs and all the comments were Trogan fans saying "we aren't an SEC school, why are we scheduling crap!".

Maybe the AD wants to make the playoffs like the SEC does?

The Trogans are playing Arkansas State and Idaho this year. Those aren't exactly football powerhouses. So I'd say this isn't really a new development.

Everybody plays their cupcake games every year. B1G likes to beat the crap out of the MAC every year. SEC does the same to the Sun Belt. PAC 12 does it to the MWC.

cdyhybrid

I saw on ESPN or somewhere that USC had scheduled a directional Michigan school and a couple of other low tier programs and all the comments were Trogan fans saying "we aren't an SEC school, why are we scheduling crap!".

Maybe the AD wants to make the playoffs like the SEC does?

Sark went on record saying he wants to play an A-B-C type of OOC schedule every year, though I guess ND would be your A team every season.

Just realized never posted the end of season poster:

201416-game-poster.jpg.pagespeed.ce.T506GxELPn.jpg

***Bonus Pic****

50822_h_0.jpg,qitok=K_djkXl4.pagespeed.ce.HpX7uUCcg0.jpg

13 Year Old Drinking Prodigy accepted to Ohio State.

The Trogans are playing Arkansas State and Idaho this year. Those aren't exactly football powerhouses. So I'd say this isn't really a new development.

Everybody plays their cupcake games every year. B1G likes to beat the crap out of the MAC every year. SEC does the same to the Sun Belt. PAC 12 does it to the MWC.

Well sure, I mean USC has been beating up on some rotation of Hawaii, Fresno State and Idaho for what seems like forever, which makes the outrage sort of silly. It isn't like they suddenly gave in and scheduled an FCS school or whatever.

mre

It was implied!
The burden of proof is upon you to conclusively establish without a reasonable doubt that an unreasonable person could subjectively, by objectively placing themselves in the shoes of a reasonable person, conclude that there was ever an implied "I" in your conclusory and defamatory allegation.

andycapps

The burden of proof is upon you to conclusively establish without a reasonable doubt that an unreasonable person could subjectively, by objectively placing themselves in the shoes of a reasonable person, conclude that there was ever an implied "I" in your conclusory and defamatory allegation.

Lawyer'd

Im sorry, I thought this was America.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
So...

Aggy has Chavis on recruiting trips while he was still technically an employee of LSU.

Also, this recruit selling this shirt is somehow not a recruiting violation?

7_3051080.jpg

The #WRTS mark legal hoop jumping thing aside, we've got A&M's colors and Gig 'Em hand sign on the shirt as well?

andycapps

So...

Aggy has Chavis on recruiting trips while he was still technically an employee of LSU.

7_3051080.jpg

The #WRTS mark legal hoop jumping thing aside, we've got A&M's colors and Gig 'Em hand sign on the shirt as well?

Probably not a recruiting violation, but I would think he could be sued by Aggy in profiting from their trademarked symbols.

Then again, I'm not a fancy Southern lawyuh.

mre

So...

7_3051080.jpg

I would find it very hard for Aggy to argue with a straight face that selling those shirts does not violate some NCAA rule. Assuming they are actually selling them.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So...

7_3051080.jpg

Well, a habits is already suing LSU (and technically A&M too) over a supposed buyout issue.

So, sure, looks like everything is on the up and up.

It's probably not a good idea to sue your former AND current employer. I'm sure he's legally protected from retaliation by the university though, so his job is secure.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I would find it very hard for Aggy to argue with a straight face that selling those shirts does not violate some NCAA rule. Assuming they are actually selling them.

Daylon Mack's family appears to be selling them, not A&M.

So I reached the end of my second season in my Bizarro NCAA dynasty. 6-6 Florida is facing 8-4 Florida State in the Music City Bowl. This would never happen in real life, right?

Alabama and Oregon are playing!
In the Fiesta Bowl. Bama has 3 losses and is ranked #4 in the nation, SEC SEC SEC.

andycapps

Enjoy your delicious, homophobic hate-chicken!

Hey if he doesn't want them, he can mail them my way.

Bruce Arians of the Arizona Cardinals had some not nice things to say about spread offenses in college..

"So many times, you're evaluating a quarterback who has never called a play in the huddle, never used a snap count. They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot and throws the ball," Arians said Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine. "That ain't playing quarterback. There's no leadership involved there. There might be leadership on the bench, but when you get them and they have to use verbiage and they have to spit the verbiage out and change the snap count, they are light years behind."

It's a hot-button issue leading up to the 2015 NFL Draft because Florida State's Jameis Winston is viewed as a pro-ready quarterback while Oregon's Marcus Mariota has been denounced as a spread-protected passer tasked with little beyond quick bubble screens.

Spread quarterbacks have not only been slow to master the difference between "college open" versus "NFL open" receivers, but have also struggled to process information before and instantaneously after the snap.

What separates the best NFL signal-callers is the capacity to pick up on subtle patterns in the defense as well as their receivers' routes. It's what analysts in all sports refer to as a "feel" for the game or "seeing" the field.

Which leads many NFL scouts to project Nick Marshall as being a DB (which is what UGA had him as before he got kicked off the team). Malzahn isn't convinced.

NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock asked Auburn coach Gus Malzahn in a televised interview to preview Auburn's Pro Day at 10 a.m. Tuesday, beginning with where Marshall should play in the NFL, and Malzahn still believes in the only two-year starter he's had at the college level.

"I know he can be a quarterback at the next level," Malzahn said. "It needs to be the right system. You're talking about a guy who's probably one of the best zone-read quarterbacks in the history of college football."

Marshall's zone-read abilities would only play a small role in most NFL offenses, but Malzahn also believes that the quarterback has the right makeup to handle a quarterback's role in the NFL.

A few teams told Marshall at the NFL Combine that they were thinking about taking him as a player who could handle two positions on the all-important 53-man roster, playing as both a No. 3 quarterback and a defensive back.

"He's got a unique skill-set, he broke the school record against the most talented defense we faced last year," Malzahn said. "He's got the ability. He's got the knack to win games when games are on the line. I believe he can play quarterback in the right system."

Mayock then told Malzahn that he's spoken to at least one NFL defensive backs coach who told him Marshall's got all the physical tools to play cornerback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom