• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chik-Fil a right by my place does free breakfast every monday/tuesday. It changes what item you get but its usually spicy chicken and biscuit. Its pretty legit

andycapps

The Chik-Fil a right by my place does free breakfast every monday/tuesday. It changes what item you get but its usually spicy chicken and biscuit. Its pretty legit

gol15.jpg

Hold the phone, which Chik-Fil A is this?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I reached the end of my second season in my Bizarro NCAA dynasty. 6-6 Florida is facing 8-4 Florida State in the Music City Bowl. This would never happen in real life, right?

Alabama and Oregon are playing!
In the Fiesta Bowl. Bama has 3 losses and is ranked #4 in the nation, SEC SEC SEC.

We had a bowl rematch after the choke at Doak.

No tie in that game.

ag-my001

Snow day here in Maryland. I've already seen a morning show throw it to a mobile, only for that operator to be in the middle of trying to order a filet o fish at the McDonald's drive through. At 9:30am. With a dyed Orioles orange beard.

Another mobile spot had five cops around it, as a guy kicked out of a grocery store for being belligerent walked to their camera truck and got in the front seat. He was being put in the back of the patrol car.

Still waiting on the live shot of a bad spinoff. A couple of close calls, but nothing yet.

andycapps

Snow day here in Maryland. I've already seen a morning show throw it to a mobile, only for that operator to be in the middle of trying to order a filet o fish at the McDonald's drive through. At 9:30am. With a dyed Orioles orange beard.

Another mobile spot had five cops around it, as a guy kicked out of a grocery store for being belligerent walked to their camera truck and got in the front seat. He was being put in the back of the patrol car.

Still waiting on the live shot of a bad spinoff. A couple of close calls, but nothing yet.

:jnc

We had two hour school delays here for.. an inch of snow.

bucknuticus said:
I saw they were finally building on Pickerington last time i was back visting my parents, all my favorites are going there now that ive moved to this side of town.

There's one right near us on East Broad already, I was hoping you were talking about that one.

Why do people complain about college sports, then proceed to cite something like Ivy League schools as the model for denouncing sports, but not realize the Ivy League is specifically centered and was established as a sports conference?

andycapps

Cool article on the P.O. Network that Mark Richt started last year. Second annual meeting was this weekend.

Paul Oliver is gone

That’s tough to take in, for those of us who knew him as the five-star high school player, the Georgia great or NFL veteran.

None of us hurt about it like Fernando Valesco, Marcus Howard and Jarvis Jackson.

They came to Athens with Oliver as freshmen in 2003.

To keep close after college the group went on yearly trips together — to the Dominican Republic, Canada, Jamaica, anywhere with a golf course.

None of them knew.

They didn’t sense P.O. was struggling with the transition after his pro days were done.

“I had no idea,” Jackson, who roomed with Oliver their first year together at Georgia, said. “I was totally shocked. I was in disbelief. He gave me no indication.”

Everybody — from those who intimately knew the man or fans who rooted for him from a distance — can wonder why.

Why did he take his own life? What could have changed his mind and kept him here?

It was also a day crammed full of important information. For a bunch of grownups back on college campus, it was Life 101.

Sure, there were NFL players present. Valesco, Geno Atkins and a few others on hand are still living that dream.

Everybody else, though, is part of the 98 percent of college football players who don’t go on to make a living tackling other people or scoring touchdowns.
That can make for some tough times for people who spend their entire lives working with one professional destination in mind.

“Everything was secondary to football,” said former linebacker Brandon Burrows. He struggled after his final game in 2013 before reaching out to Richt. Through the P.O. Network, Burrows was given an evaluation and put in contact with businessmen and leaders who helped him get a job in the real estate field.

“I found out I had a brain — and it worked,” Burrows joked.

Writing resumes, preparing for job interviews, networking — these are some of the skills Richt and his staff tries to provide for current players.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t always resonate while kids are still running wild with the thought that NFL dollars are a few years away.

“How many guys are interested in hearing about it as freshmen, sophomores, during junior year?” Richt asked.

“Most guys don’t think about the transition until after Pro Day or when they get cut,” Valesco said.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
mild mannered and spent way too many years here. No way they'll let me have any responsibilities!

Have fun patrolling the cesspools of this place!

Lonestar

Think UTexas has had more things to worry about than little ole whatshisname.

Fuck you Daylight Savings time.

"Ohio State fans had better hope that Ezekiel Elliott's "crop top" jersey wasn't the reason for his success because it has now been banned.

The NCAA recently announced, via NCAA.org's Greg Johnson, that college football players will no longer be able to wear crop-top jerseys on the field during games:

Officials will treat illegal equipment issues—such as jerseys tucked under the shoulder pads or exposed back pads—by making the player leave the field for at least one play. The equipment must be corrected for the player to return to the game. The player may remain in the game if his team takes a timeout to correct the equipment issue."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-from-wearing-crop-top-jerseys-during-games

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Why do people complain about college sports, then proceed to cite something like Ivy League schools as the model for denouncing sports, but not realize the Ivy League is specifically centered and was established as a sports conference?

I think most people believe "Ivy League" is a colloquialism and don't realize that it is an actual entity.

"Ohio State fans had better hope that Ezekiel Elliott's "crop top" jersey wasn't the reason for his success because it has now been banned.

The NCAA recently announced, via NCAA.org's Greg Johnson, that college football players will no longer be able to wear crop-top jerseys on the field during games:

Officials will treat illegal equipment issues—such as jerseys tucked under the shoulder pads or exposed back pads—by making the player leave the field for at least one play. The equipment must be corrected for the player to return to the game. The player may remain in the game if his team takes a timeout to correct the equipment issue."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-from-wearing-crop-top-jerseys-during-games
They're gonna make it retroactive and take our championship away!

Limedust

mild mannered and spent way too many years here. No way they'll let me have any responsibilities!

** counts on fingers **

Jeez, where have the last 16+ years gone.

History says Gaming Age Forums started in 1999, but I distinctly remember posting on some ultra-shitty tree branch board that didn't even require registration prior to that... 1997?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, I thought the "crop top" jersey thing had been banned a long time ago. You see a lot of guys doing that in video of games from the 80s and then it dropped off almost completely. I was surprised to see players from a few different teams doing it last season.

Meier

I am pretty sure I started at GAF back in 2001. Olimario kept taking news from here and posting it on the IGN GameCube boards so I figured why not go to the source.

Lonestar

Thanks!

You start over each time you get a name change.

Just to see if my memory is working at this advance age, but was it Eli and Alakablamo before Limedust?

Think it'll be officially 15 years sometime around....now. Something like March 2000. Sweet Baby Jeebus.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Excellent.

Now we outnumber Cal bears and can openly mock their snub for the rosebowl back in 05.

cashman

Banned
I have some thoughts about banning all mentions of college football that took place in 2010.

I approve of this. You guys should penalize people by limiting the number of posts they can make in the weekly threads and if that's not enough ban them from posting in the bowl season thread for a few years. If that still doesn't work then give them the death penalty.

Limedust

Just to see if my memory is working at this advance age, but was it Eli and Alakablamo before Limedust?

Think it'll be officially 15 years sometime around....now. Something like March 2000. Sweet Baby Jeebus.

Eli (back in the 90's...Usenet and the early GAF forums)
Limedust (taken at one of the hard forum crashes and subsequent rebuild and re-register)
Alakablamo (around the time the OT forum went to total hive-mind fetid putrescence and I only posted in a handful of threads.. wanted something to denote my team)
Limedust (... you guys made me do it)

CJ: Congrats... or I'm sorry. Whichever applies to your ascension.

Lonestar

Eli (back in the 90's...Usenet and the early GAF forums)
Limedust (taken at one of the hard forum crashes and subsequent rebuild and re-register)
Alakablamo (around the time the OT forum went to total hive-mind fetid putrescence and I only posted in a handful of threads.. wanted something to denote my team)
Limedust (... you guys made me do it)

CJ: Congrats... or I'm sorry. Whichever applies to your ascension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom