• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachikarn

Fatface Bert is continuing his fight against the scourge of hurry-up offenses.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...bret-bielema-chris-borland-hurry-up-no-huddle

Yes. Because the best example to use is a guy who retired after playing in the B1G (filled with conventional offenses) on Wisconsin, one of the most run-heavy teams in the country.

Surely his message isn't motivated by naked self-interest. No way.

yeah, it's so dumb. A physical run based offense is probably going to cause more injuries than a hurry-up spread. Muschamp was a shining example of this. We had a ton of injuries here, and we were one of the slowest paced teams in the country.

Draxal

I'm amazed Corey Clement isn't on that list. Kid is a monster. Not as good as Gordon (nobody is though) but still a beast of a back.

Clement should have gone over Hackenberg, but Sparty and OSU got 10/15 and other than Hack, I don't see how Clement could get over those other ones.

I'd put him in over Decker, Bell, and Allen.

I don't even know why Decker is on there TBH. He's a long tenured starter but he's not particularly exceptional.

Draxal

On the bright side, at least you no longer have the Nets.

New York basketball is an abyss right now :/. I think they're all of the Uconn bandwagon and are now on to Kentucky.

Our president is actually getting lit up by a state senator and former gov about how poor our basketball facilities our, so there's some hope here, and our hof wbb coach just went off on how bad our facilities are, but ... not going to bother posting in the BB thread, because it's all tourney time.

Piggus

I had a dream that Oregon was beating Michigan State 186 - 72 at home in the third quarter and Kirk Herbstreit was going nuts.

Dat stout D. Dat speed.

cdyhybrid

Sounds like we're switching to a mostly 3-4 sort of look this coming season. We had been kinda hybrid the last few years, with a guy that could play either rush end or OLB, but it sounds like that guy is mostly going to be standing up now.

andycapps

Sounds like we're switching to a mostly 3-4 sort of look this coming season. We had been kinda hybrid the last few years, with a guy that could play either rush end or OLB, but it sounds like that guy is mostly going to be standing up now.

Do you have a big nose tackle?

andycapps

After seeing what goes on in the NFL thread during the offseason, I've decided to count the fact that nobody posts in here for days at a time around this time of year as a good thing.

There just isn't much to say yet. Teams are having spring practice but that typically includes things saying how they didn't have great senior leadership last year, but it's so much better this year. Or, strength and conditioning was so much better in the offseason, we're ready to go. You can't really tell how anything is going to work out until actual games are played. Spring games don't help much either because if the defense shuts out the offense then the offense really needs improvement, and vice versa.

Draxal

There just isn't much to say yet. Teams are having spring practice but that typically includes things saying how they didn't have great senior leadership last year, but it's so much better this year. Or, strength and conditioning was so much better in the offseason, we're ready to go. You can't really tell how anything is going to work out until actual games are played. Spring games don't help much either because if the defense shuts out the offense then the offense really needs improvement, and vice versa.

I'm going to spam anime pics and just say gata gata gata in all my posts from now on.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member

There are plenty of slow days over there as well ((lull between initial free agency flurry and the draft) but that is certainly not stopping people from posting...other things in that thread.

andycapps

I'm going to spam anime pics and just say gata gata gata in all my posts from now on.

I'd rather have this thread be dead forever.

There are plenty of slow days over there as well ((lull between initial free agency flurry and the draft) but that is certainly not stopping people from posting...other things in that thread.

Yeah I opened it and had no idea what was going on. Then again, every community thread has it's own weird quirks. I thought CFBGAF had a ton of in jokes when I first started posting years ago.

We have a dude that sat out last year (or didn't play much) who came in at 360 lbs. Supposedly he's down to a better weight and "in the best shape of his life" (as everyone is a few weeks before spring practice).

Ah yes, the ole "He's cut a lot of baby fat this offseason" and "best shape of his life" lines.

Lunar15

I've spent this offseason mainly wondering if McElwain is really going to start his dog at QB.

I feel like it's an increasing possibility over time.

cdyhybrid

Yeah I opened it and had no idea what was going on. Then again, every community thread has it's own weird quirks. I thought CFBGAF had a ton of in jokes when I first started posting years ago.

Our in-jokes are mostly related to football though :p

Only some of the NFL thread's are.

Ah yes, the ole "He's cut a lot of baby fat this offseason" and "best shape of his life" lines.

We'll see soon I guess, spring practice for us starts in a week!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we just scheduled a home-and-home with Arizona for the 2019 (Tucson) and 2020 (Lubbock) seasons.

Oddly enough, Arizona is #10 on the list of teams that Tech has played the most in its history. They were in the same conference from 1932 - 1956 and later played each other every year of the '70s except for 1970 itself. The only teams we have played more than them are 7 teams from the old Southwest Conference (6 Texas schools + Arkansas), New Mexico (also Border conference), and Oklahoma State.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thanks, man. Finally got a boy so we can quit. :p

As a small town Babby lawyer, I do declare that quiting after 5 chilldren is perfectly legal.

I did help in his insomnia, by bugging him on FFXIV for the last few weeks. What better mindless activity to do while you have to be up forever, than a timesink like an mmo.

So the NCAA is finally being forced to release documents because of the McNair lawsuit (USC).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...mcnair-documents-released-20150324-story.html

Tons of proof that the NCAA was trying to stick it to USC.

"Paul Dee was brought in at Miami to clean up a program with serious problems. USC has responded to its problems by bringing in Lane Kiffin," committee member Rodney Uphoff wrote

:jnc How did things go at Miami after all?

"But there is no question that the evidence in this case is much stronger than against [Terry] Nichols in the OKC case," Uphoff wrote.

Yes, that's right. The NCAA compared the Reggie Bush situation to THE OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom