• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK THE RAIDERS. :(

cdyhybrid

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Al Davis lives!

Lunar15

Horrible day for Gators fans, but at least we got to see Dante Fowler Jr. wear a white coat with sparkly shoes and yell DUVALLLL on live television.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like the whole "let's use mostly black uniforms even though black has never been one of our colors" thing has finally reached the NFL via the '49ers -

andycapps

RIP in peace to Cooper's career. Pretty happy with the Falcons pick, wish Beasley was better against the run but pass rushers are generally not great at that and they definitely need someone that can pressure the QB.

Zac Stacy requested release from the Rams after they drafted Gurley last night. Can't blame him, though I always thought Stacy was a really underrated back in college, haven't followed him in the pros.

Those uniforms above are awful.

Fun fact of the day!

The '02 and '14 Ohio St. teams are the only 2 CFB national champs this century to have no 1st round draft picks immediately following their NC.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Video of the KU QB getting hurt in their spring game -

hUsnGeI.gif

mre

Wow, I was ready to give the safety the benefit of the doubt (and yes the QB is running full steam ahead), but to go low like that ...
It's like that safety watched nothing but tape of Georgia Tech linemen this off-season...

Know the pain of one of your players being doomed before the first snap.

Have the Browns drafted another QB yet?

The one Browns fan I know is already counting down the days until Cardale Jones is available. He thinks that kid can save the Browns.

Jameis Winston was the first ever FSU player drafted first overall. I was kind of surprised by that.

andycapps

Georgia looking at getting another nonconference series with a power 5 team, looking at teams like USC, UCLA, and Penn State. Mentioned tOSU is out because Urban isn't interested, and Michigan is out due to their series with Florida and other schools.

Sounds like should have finalized in the near future.

Quoting myself because apparently Eleven Warriors think that UGA is scared of scheduling tOSU with Urban there. That's hilarious, it's the other way around, though I'm not sure it's that Urban is scared of UGA, I'm assuming it's because he's still butthurt about the end-zone dance years ago.

Utah AD Chris Hill said he's concerned about the future of Pac-12 Networks, sees projections that B10N will be making $10 for each dollar P12N makes.

Need to add an extra time zone imho.

Rutgers added value to the Big 10 can't be understated. They have the lucrative NYC metro area on lock

Draxal

Rutgers added value to the Big 10 can't be understated. They have the lucrative NYC metro area on lock

It's a long term investment, but having Ohio State/PSU and Michigan playing in the area will makes all their alumni happy here.

I found a better article fwiw's.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/colleg...-comparing-tv-revenue-to-the-sec-and-big-ten/

Eventually the Pac is probably just going to have partner with ESPN(ABC)/Fox. They just need that distribution muscle.

Utah AD Chris Hill said he's concerned about the future of Pac-12 Networks, sees projections that B10N will be making $10 for each dollar P12N makes.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/2458013-155/utah-ad-chris-hill-talks-stadium

Seems pretty obvious that the Pac-12 needs to follow the B1G/SEC model and let an actual media company run their network for them.

Let the big boys handle carriage disputes and all the other horseshit that comes with running a cable network.

mre

TPD has dropped all charges against Cyrus Jones. I'm sure Andy will swing by a link, but I'll paraphrase what I read. TPD decided that there was "sufficient evidence" to support his initial arrest on both charges initially leveled against him, but since Jones was the one who called the police and attempted to deescalate the situation, they're dismissing the charges.

Wat.

andycapps

TPD has dropped all charges against Cyrus Jones. I'm sure Andy will swing by a link, but I'll paraphrase what I read. TPD decided that there was "sufficient evidence" to support his initial arrest on both charges initially leveled against him, but since Jones was the one who called the police and attempted to deescalate the situation, they're dismissing the charges.

Wat.

Only thing I'll say is that I wish our police department were as cooperative with the football program.

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/2458013-155/utah-ad-chris-hill-talks-stadium

Guess that's what you get when you try to run your own network and nobody wants to carry it.

Guess that's what you get when you try to run your own network and nobody wants to carry it.

Cable/dish companies never want to run any of these new specialized sports networks. That's why the conferences have to partner with Disney/ESPN and Fox in order for any of this to work.

The Pac-12 has no leverage whatsoever when negotiating with these fuckers. Disney can say to Time Warner Cable or DirecTV, "You can't get ESPN and the Disney Channel unless you take the SEC Network." The Pac-12 can't do anything of the sort.

It was incredibly dumb for the Pac-12 to try to go this alone.

Draxal

Cable/dish companies never want to run any of these new specialized sports networks. That's why the conferences have to partner with Disney/ESPN and Fox in order for any of this to work.

The Pac-12 has no leverage whatsoever when negotiating with these fuckers. Disney can say to Time Warner Cable or DirecTV, "You can't get ESPN and the Disney Channel unless you take the SEC Network." The Pac-12 can't do anything of the sort.

It was incredibly dumb for the Pac-12 to try to go this alone.

IIRC, they have deals with Time Warner and Comcast which are the big boys out there. Direct TV's the only hold out. Packaging would definitely be smarter as they would haven't gotten higher rates if they partnered.

The other real issue is that the West Coast isn't nearly as populated as compared to the SE and NE/MW, and while California is the big whale there's 4 schools driving the population per school down, and that's not including all the states where they have two schools per one rather small population.

Adding Texas would be such a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom