• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect. I know he has his flaws, but he's better than our current starter.

Last year TD/INT
Swoopes: 13/11 (+2)
Golson: 29/14 (+15)

I am seriously wanting Golson to come to Texas. That's how desperate we are for a QB

He also had 8 fumbles lost, which is ridiculous. He actually had 12 fumbles but 4 were recovered. I don't know if that is the kind of volatility you want from your QB.

andycapps

He might not be able to transfer to the SEC:

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/596397174348390400
Supposedly he wants to go to UGA or USCe. USCe can have him. We don't need a rental, and one with a year suspension in his past plus someone with such turnover problems. Also, not familiar at all with our system. I don't see what we'd get that's any better than what we have, and in all likelihood, he's probably worse than Bauta or Ramsey at what we do.

cdyhybrid

John Ross out of the season. We now have 4 returning scholarship receivers on the roster.

Hope some of the incoming frosh can step it up.

andycapps

According to someone at 247, Everett Golson is taking official visit to USCe on Monday and official to UGA on Tuesday. Send me $9.95 for more info.

andycapps

I don't even know what's going on right now, but I think the answer is to pay $9.95 to somebody.

@BarrettSallee: FWIW, nobody I've talked to at UGA seems to think the Golson talk is real.

Not the NFL thread, but Dante Fowler tore his ACL in his first practice with the Jags. Hate to see that. Was being blocked by Watts Dantzler of UGA, who I believe was either invited to camp to compete for a spot or is an UDFA.

cdyhybrid

omXTe6q.png

All kinds of fsu stuff coming today

@finebaum "It's a consensus among FSU fans/boosters he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Can't believe the guy who was the main person involved in the biggest case of academic fraud in the history of college athletics is talking about another person being an embarrassment to their university.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can't believe the guy who was the main person involved in the biggest case of academic fraud in the history of college athletics is talking about another person being an embarrassment to their university.

Bobby wasn't the coach of UNC.

The level of embarrassment Jameis was depends entirely on his guilt associated with the rape. All of his other shit was just whatever. The rape case was embarrassing and the TPD/FSU handling of it was embarrassing, but if he didn't actually rape that girl then he himself wasn't an embarrassment. I honestly still don't know what to think about his guilt or innocence. And at this point, the main take away isn't his guilt or innocence it is fixing what went wrong with the investigation.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
While I thoroughly enjoyed that comment, I don't think it's remotely true among the general FSU fanbase.

Of course not. FSU fans had no problems cheering for him nearly every single game and when he won them a title and got them into the playoffs.

Bobby Bowden just comes across as a really bitter old man who can't get over the fact he got forced out of the program and Winston had more success on the field than any QB he ever coached. Seeing Jimbo have success must be a bitter pill for him to swallow.

andycapps

All kinds of fsu stuff coming today

@finebaum "It's a consensus among FSU fans/boosters he was an embarrassment to the University" - Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

"So how much is Auburn saying they can give you for cost of attendance?"

darkside31337 said:
Of course not. FSU fans had no problems cheering for him nearly every single game and when he won them a title and got them into the playoffs.

Bobby Bowden just comes across as a really bitter old man who can't get over the fact he got forced out of the program and Winston had more success on the field than any QB he ever coached. Seeing Jimbo have success must be a bitter pill for him to swallow.

Was Bowden not the coach when Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke were there?

Enron

Banned
charlie ward won a national title and a heisman, and had a 23-2 record as a starter (from what i can tell). Led FSU to a #2 finish and a national title in his 2 years under center. And during that time, was regarded as College Football's ultimate weapon. Charlie Ward > Jameis any day of the week.

andycapps

charlie ward won a national title and a heisman, and had a 23-2 record as a starter (from what i can tell). Led FSU to a #2 finish and a national title in his 2 years under center. And during that time, was regarded as College Football's ultimate weapon. Charlie Ward > Jameis any day of the week.

Who was Charlie Ward's QB coach? Mark Richt. Follow the money, people. I blame him for all this.

Meier

For what it's worth, Finebaum didn't actually post the full quote in that tweet. Really shady shit, but that is to be expected. Bowden's partial quote was still disappointing as a representative of FSU but the part Finebaum didn't include gives it a slightly different context.

Well, I think it's a consensus among Florida State fans, and boosters, that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university. He won a lot of ball games, probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is that he's young enough to get over that, ya know it, and he's gotta do that. He just can't make those junior high school decisions that he made while he was in college.

Bobby is and always will be bitter though, no doubt about it. I only wish we'd been able to get him out sooner. So many years of shit football while I was in Tally. :*(

You guys aren't embarrassed by him? How many boneheaded things would he have had to do before you guys said ENOUGH? I guess a crystal ball is all that matters.

andycapps

For what it's worth, Finebaum didn't actually post the full quote in that tweet. Really shady shit, but that is to be expected. Bowden's partial quote was still disappointing as a representative of FSU but the part Finebaum didn't include gives it a slightly different context.

Bobby is and always will be bitter though, no doubt about it. I only wish we'd been able to get him out sooner. So many years of shit football while I was in Tally. :*(

I don't see why what Bowden is saying is controversial. Winston did some dumb shit while he was at FSU. Yes, Bobby should have retired earlier than he did. He also had so much success earlier in his career that I think he earned the right to quit when he wanted to.

If FSU is so embarrassed by Winston, I imagine they will be giving up their title won in large part because of him?

And given FSU killed a player before GOL was in style, lost in court, and has the judgement tied up indefinitely in the Florida Legislature, I'm not sure why they are so holier than thou here. Not to mention other systemic issues at their hands in athletics.

They're embarrassed enough to feel it just a teensy bit, not enough to actually do anything.

I can imagine FSU fans having the mindset of "He was a bonehead, but he was OUR bonehead". They don't necessarily approve his character or what he represents, but they take pride and appreciate what he did to win them a national championship.

Jhriad

I can imagine FSU fans having the mindset of "He was a bonehead, but he was OUR bonehead". They don't necessarily approve his character or what he represents, but they take pride and appreciate what he did to win them a national championship.

So basically Johnny Manziel for Texas A&M sans any sort of championship. Given the number of fake championships Texas A&M proudly claims and displays on their stadium the Heisman is a step up.

So basically Johnny Manziel for Texas A&M sans any sort of championship. Given the number of fake championships Texas A&M proudly claims and displays on their stadium the Heisman is a step up.

Well they retroactively added a couple MNC's on their stadium when they moved to the SEC because that's standard procedure for moving to the SEC. And although Johnny Manziel never led his team higher than a 3rd place finish in the SEC-West, aggy donors were oh so close to renaming the newly renovated Kyle field to "The House That Johnny Built". All this worship and praise for a guy who doesn't exactly embody the supposed aggy code of honor outside of football.

Meier

The actual attendance number for Texas is probably about 25k lower than that. It was a pretty sad season. I think it'll be even worse next year given the price increases and general shit play of late. The students just stopped coming by and large.. there'd be something like 1/3rd of their primary section full.

Draxal

BIG
OSU: 106,296
Michigan: 104,909
PSU: 101,623
Nebraska: 91,249
Wisconsin: 79,520
MSU: 74,681
Iowa: 67,512
Rutgers: 50,632
Minnesota: 47,865
Maryland: 46,981
Indiana: 41,657
Illinois: 41,459
TALON WHY DON'T U POST ANYMORE: 38,613
Purdue: 35,269

inm8num2

Nick Saban: What I most feared about the playoff happened

"I learned what I feared the most would happen," Saban said via Al.com. "All the attention, all the interest would be about the four teams in the playoffs, which is exactly what happened, which was great to be a part of.

"But what I was most fearful of is college football is unique. A lot of young men get a lot of positive self gratification from being able to go to a bowl game and that's always been a special thing. That by having a playoff we would minimize the interest in other bowl games, which I think is sort of what happened and I hate to see that for college football."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom