• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Texas, your out-of-market rates . . . woof.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/5/12/8590913/has-the-longhorn-network-been-a-complete-disaster-for-texas-and-espn said:
Network In-Market Rate Out-of-Market Rate
Longhorn Network $0.29 $0.02
Big Ten Network $1.00 $0.44
SEC Network $1.30 $0.64
Pac-12 Network $0.80 $0.80

Announced/listed attendance is always tickets sold. They've got someone's money, that's all that matters.
Its tickets sold + tickets given away + allotted student tickets + a bunch of other crap that inflates the numbers. The top teams numbers are probably pretty accurate most of the time. The mid level teams numbers, including my own teams numbers, usually aren't all that close to accurate.

mre

Where the fuck has Saban been the last decade or so?

Making a bowl game hasn't been meaningful in a long time, but the last nail in that coffin was when they had to make a team with a losing record eligible just to fill out the bowls.
Meaningful for whom? I'd say going to a bowl game is still meaningful for the kids. Of course, the fact that random bowl games are not very meaningful for the fans in general is probably a sign that their days are numbered, but I definitely don't agree that the bowl games are without meaning.

KingGondo

Banned
They should scrap it and focus on a Big 12 network, but we're talking about Texas, so...
Yep.

That ship has probably sailed though. OU signed a deal to have exclusive content aired on Fox Sports Southwest, and I'm sure there are all kinds of ridiculous legal hurdles standing between us and a conference network.

Then again, I'm so apathetic about the conference that I'm not even sure I want a Big 12 Network. Web content is enough for me since I really only care about OSU.

mre

Yep.

That ship has probably sailed though. OU signed a deal to have exclusive content aired on Fox Sports Southwest, and I'm sure there are all kinds of ridiculous legal hurdles standing between us and a conference network.

Then again, I'm so apathetic about the conference that I'm not even sure I want a Big 12 Network. Web content is enough for me since I really only care about OSU.
You guys should come to the SEC where you would be loved, cherished, and fairly compensated!
So by that standard, Saban is still wrong. Nothing changed in terms of meaningfulness for the kids just because a playoff was added. They're still not playing for the title, just playing in exhibition games.
I don't disagree with this. I disagree with Saban about lots of things. For example, oatmeal little debbies are disgusting.

KingGondo

Banned
You guys should come to the SEC where you would be loved, cherished, and fairly compensated!
I've long been in favor of letting Mizzou join the B1G, then adding OU, OSU and Texas to the SEC.

New SEC West:
OU
OSU
Texas
Aggy
LSU
Arky
Ole Miss
MSU

New SEC East:
Bama
Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia
USCe
Kentucky
Florida
Vandy

Makes a lot of sense to me.

mre

I've long been in favor of letting Mizzou join the B1G, then adding OU, OSU and Texas to the SEC.

New SEC West:
OU
OSU
Texas
Aggy
LSU
Arky
Ole Miss
MSU

New SEC East:
Bama
Auburn
Tennessee
Georgia
USCe
Kentucky
Florida
Vandy

That might be a deal breaker for us. Let's keep Mizzou, and just bring along you Oklahoma fellows. You guys seem decent enough.
You take that back right this very instant.
Never.

Draxal

Texas doesn't want to be associated with the SEC dumdums.

MDC FOREVER.

In reality though, I think the SEC wants to go East UNC or NC State ----- (UNC is the bigger prize but UNC's elite doesn't want to be associated with the SEC) and UVA or VPI (UVA is the bigger prize but same deal as UNC).

KingGondo

Banned
That might be a deal breaker for us. Let's keep Mizzou, and just bring along you Oklahoma fellows. You guys seem decent enough.
Don't get me wrong, we're great. However, OU is a hive of scum and villainy.

Really though, I would get really excited about playing that schedule as opposed to Baylor, West Virginia, Kansas, and Iowa State.

It would really hurt our competitiveness but I'm sick of being bored of our football schedule. The Big 12 is such a half-assed conference.

andycapps

Texas doesn't want to be associated with the SEC dumdums.

MDC FOREVER.

In reality though, I think the SEC wants to go East UNC or NC State ----- (UNC is the bigger prize but UNC's elite doesn't want to be associated with the SEC) and UVA or VPI (UVA is the bigger prize but same deal as UNC).

UNC should be happy the SEC would want to bring them in and get a piece of that SECN money. I agree that UNC is the top prize that the SEC would want to bring in by virtue of adding another top academic program as well as a good basketball program.

mre

UNC should be happy the SEC would want to bring them in and get a piece of that SECN money. I agree that UNC is the top prize that the SEC would want to bring in by virtue of adding another top academic program as well as a good basketball program.
PLUS, UNC is apparently bulletproof, which means they'll be able to keep up with the cheating in the SEC.

We just lost our band director to UTexas. I think we should just be like Rice or Stanford manus the hazing and rape. Our band generally sucks and fails hard at trying to be traditional.

andycapps

Braxton has told Ohio State he will be staying.

Any word on if he's changing position? I can't imagine all 3 of them stay at QB. Heck, I expect one of our 3 to transfer when they find out they're not starting and none of them are proven QB's, though one had some game time last year.

Any word on if he's changing position? I can't imagine all 3 of them stay at QB. Heck, I expect one of our 3 to transfer when they find out they're not starting and none of them are proven QB's, though one had some game time last year.

Nothing yet, but no way Cardale isnt the starter and i envision braxton playing H-back which seems like a nightmare for defenses.

Like fired fired? Or like laid off? Regardless shitty bro :/

Thanks all. And fired fired. Services no longer needed. Right after I built the international admissions process and policies and summer admissions program. Good to put on my resume I guess and I likely won't have a problem using them as a reference at least.

Luckily I kind of already saw that my time had started to come and have been casually looking at places over the past few months and weeks. They started to turn a public university admissions office into a call center type environment. And I made a vow I'd never work in a call center again after my previous employer. Resume is pretty much updated and ready to go. Just going to take some time. Focus on finishing my master's this December, etc. So great experience looking back. I'm just slightly frustrated I didn't get to go out on my own terms.

Shit happens.

Thanks all. And fired fired. Services no longer needed. Right after I built the international admissions process and policies and summer admissions program. Good to put on my resume I guess and I likely won't have a problem using them as a reference at least.

Luckily I kind of already saw that my time had started to come and have been casually looking at places over the past few months and weeks. They started to turn a public university admissions office into a call center type environment. And I made a vow I'd never work in a call center again after my previous employer. Resume is pretty much updated and ready to go. Just going to take some time. Focus on finishing my master's this December, etc. So great experience looking back. I'm just slightly frustrated I didn't get to go out on my own terms.

Shit happens.

Shitty deals man, at least it sounds like you got some good experience out of all of it.

mre

Shit happens.
University employee, hmm?

Should have just helped the guy, goldeneye: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1047786

truly101

I got grudge sucked!

Shit happens.

Call centers are part of Dante's circles of hell, I know from 1st hand experience. Sucks you got canned but if it was turning into a place you would hate, it may be for the best. I'm looking to move on myself. Going back to school for more skillz.

So, continuing the OT trend here, how mad or incensed would gaming gaf be if I said the Witcher 3 is the best thing Poland has given the world since Coach K's parents? To me it seems an obvious joke, but I bet a few users would have their soapbox out to admonish the asshole that reduced a nation's legacy to a video game and a basketball coach.

mre

Call centers are part of Dante's circles of hell, I know from 1st hand experience. Sucks you got canned but if it was turning into a place you would hate, it may be for the best. I'm looking to move on myself. Going back to school for more skillz.

So, continuing the OT trend here, how mad or incensed would gaming gaf be if I said the Witcher 3 is the best thing Poland has given the world since Coach K's parents? To me it seems an obvious joke, but I bet a few users would have their soapbox out to admonish the asshole that reduced a nation's legacy to a video game and a basketball coach.
In my opinion gaming side and its mods do not have a strong sense of humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom