• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

There you go, once again obsessed with the jackets.

o5AE4PS.gif

The Ohio State Alumni Association is offering their ridiculous game packages again.

$1,439 to go to the Rutgers game. Without flights. Fuckers.

They offered game tickets for $118, but they're already sold out. Meaning they put like a dozen of their ticket allotment from Rutgers in those and then stuffed the rest in these stupid packages.

Draxal

The Ohio State Alumni Association is offering their ridiculous game packages again.

They offered game tickets for $118, but they're already sold out. Meaning they put like a dozen of their ticket allotment from Rutgers in those and then stuffed the rest in these stupid packages.

To be fair non awful tickets (and most of those guests tickets are awful) for this game have been crazy, the Tri State has the biggest bandwagoning fans in the country and you're seeing that affect here.

If ohio state ever played overseas i woudl first be really pissed off because im 100% against the idea of neutral field games let alone games in another country. Then i would get over it and go on a week long trip to the UK

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

andycapps

If ohio state ever played overseas i woudl first be really pissed off because im 100% against the idea of neutral field games let alone games in another country. Then i would get over it and go on a week long trip to the UK
I don't mind neutral site games that are played in the same location every year between rivals. Not many of those left though.

I don't mind neutral site games that are played in the same location every year between rivals. Not many of those left though.

I'm fine with the established one, cocktail/red rive/etc. Its these bullshit start of the season ones I hate.

Oh yeah the AA i nuts, and I would never buy anything from them. I always go to one away game a year and get out at well under half of what they would charge.

Limedust

Hey, don't blame us. We're part of the same university system, after all.

Edit: ooo, LoIC. UNC could be fucked.

There's a lot of referenced evidence in the NoA, and two of the three accused staff members in question aren't cooperating in any way.

I still wouldn't bet $1 on the ultimate outcome.

Jhriad

The only way I'd pay that much is if Nebraska made it to the playoffs. The years of Nebraska being in the Big 12 and all the tickets for schools in Texas being cheap as hell spoiled me. Why does Big Ten territory have to be so fucking far away?

KingGondo

Banned
So what does that tOSU package actually include? Ticket and hotel I assume? Any meals?

Last year I went on a trip to Lawrence to watch my Pokes play the Jayhawks. Only cost me gas money and $30 for two tickets, and we got to sit anywhere we wanted.

Big 12 football. Feel the excitement.

Draxal

So what does that tOSU package actually include? Ticket and hotel I assume? Any meals?

Last year I went on a trip to Lawrence to watch my Pokes play the Jayhawks. Only cost me gas money and $30 for two tickets, and we got to sit anywhere we wanted.

4 day trip, 3 nights at the Westin in Times Square and all the festivities (they really didn't go into to much detail of what's on the itinerary). It's still an incredibly exorbitant price, don't get me wrong, but Times Square isn't cheap.

Nebraska is also visiting this year and their's isn't much cheaper.

http://www.groupminder.com/internet...xplorer 11.0&redirect=1&js=1&res=1&pdf=7&ck=1

andycapps

It includes 10 hours worth of tattoos, what else?

Deluxe hotel accommodations at the Westin Times Square
Official Ohio State University Hospitality desk at the hotel
Exclusive Ohio State Welcome event
Ohio State vs. Rutgers game ticket in the Ohio State Section
Round trip deluxe motor coach transfers to the pregame/game
Official game day event
Buckeye Bash with a picnic lunch
Post-bowl refreshments on motor coaches, to include beverages and dry snacks
Official Ohio State vs. Rutgers Tour souvenir
Name badge, luggage tags and plastic ticket holder
SET staff at your service

I guess with the hotel included the price is tad bit more justifiable.

Still, it's annoying that they clearly take the bulk of their ticket allotment and try to force you to buy these stupid packages. They can't simply sell more of the standalone game tickets. It's irritating.

Draxal

Still, it's annoying that they clearly take the bulk of their ticket allotment and try to force you to buy these stupid packages. They can't simply sell more of the standalone game tickets. It's irritating.

You'll be able to stub hub tickets for this game pretty easily and you don't want the tickets that are allotted to tOSU.

Ticket prices are really high now but they'll drop down closer to the game and you can get better seats closer to the tOSU sideline.

AntoneM

Ohio State vs. Rutgers game ticket in the Ohio State Section
Ticket, one ticket? So if you want 2 tickets you have to buy 2 packages?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the fightin chop blocks are playing in Ireland next year against BC. I get Notre Dame playing in Ireland against an opponent but this seems random

They are rotating through the major Catholic schools vs a non Catholic opponent. Granted they are gonna run out of schools now. Would work way better for basketball since there a shit ton of D1 Catholic schools for basketball vs football. *shrug*

Prices weren't listed for Rutgers or other away games yet on the MSU ticket site, but I've never seen bundles like that through the university before. Though I expect Rutgers to be the only reasonably priced and obtainable away game ticket this season (@WMich, Mich, OStU & Corn).

That bundle is cable bundle levels of bad.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Doing that in a satellite camp in Prattville, AL. Don't think Saban can even go to Prattville and run a satellite camp (Tuscaloosa to Prattville is about 85 miles).

Thanks, SEC rules.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Reading on it more, seems like the recommendation is to try one last time to get the NCAA to enact the SEC's desired rule of "50 miles from Campus", when the NCAA meets this month. If it doesn't make it, starting "next year" they'll open it up for SEC coaches to go anywhere like the rest of the NCAA.

The reason for the rule was to keep the SEC schools from doing camps in each other's backyards, moreso than trips up to Ohio, Michigan, California or Texas.

Speaking of SEC, I didn't know until recently it was SEC policy that no alcohol can be sold in stadiums. Texas's new President wants to add booze in DKR ASAP, and the Big 12 don't care. aggy couldn't sell beer if they wanted to thanks to being in the SEC.

Jhriad

Satellite camps are BS. Shut em down. Goddamn FCS schools selling themselves.

And give yet another advantage to schools in the South? Not happening. It's one of the few ways staff from a state in middle America can get exposure with kids in the South or on either coast.

andycapps

On the subject of Michigan being weird and pathetic:

fBuPJcU.jpg

Smith's response:

CG3Bh34W8AAOonB.jpg
When I see the name Jedd Fisch I definitely think of success.

Jhriad said:
And give yet another advantage to schools in the South? Not happening. It one of the few ways staff from a state in middle America can get exposure with kids in the South or on either coast.
Going to be interesting when UGA goes to camps in Florida and Texas next year. And Bama has a camp in Atlanta and Florida. The SEC had that rule primarily to keep conference schools out of each other's back yard.

Jhriad

Going to be interesting when UGA goes to camps in Florida and Texas next year. And Bama has a camp in Atlanta and Florida. The SEC had that rule primarily to keep conference schools out of each other's back yard.

I really doubt that UGA getting to go to a state that's directly to the south and Bama going to two states that it borders is going to get either school the chance to meet many recruits that it wouldn't have otherwise been able to get on campus. It'll certainly be interesting to see some SEC schools go into Texas though.

And give yet another advantage to schools in the South? Not happening. It's one of the few ways staff from a state in middle America can get exposure with kids in the South or on either coast.
Official visits are still a tool and allow the student to actually see the realities of middle America and the campuses. They also have big expensive TV contracts and productions to get the word out. Not sure how a mini camp at Daytona Beach shows off the campus experience.

Can't help if the south is the popular place to be right now!

Tamanon

Banned
Is Harbaugh the WR coach at Michigan? I don't understand why he's comparing himself to a position coach.

Oh, it's Jedd Fisch. I must have blocked him out after his terrible tenure on my Jags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom