• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

A buddy of mine's company gets tickets for things like these and for sporting events pretty often. He offered me a pair if I wanted them. I think it's a pretty cool event, just not my thing. I've never been all that big of a Stones fan.

I'm not really a Stones fan either but I think I'd personally go if I had free tickets. Haha

I'm looking as closely as I can, but I don't see anything on here about a 2013 game. Are you thinking of a different rivalry, perhaps?
It looks like a trophy you'd get at a local place that makes Little League trophies.

Jhriad

Apparently this is how Colorado started things with Nebraska? I've heard parallels there. Colorado basically just circled them and made them a rival. Then of course beat them.

They were never our rival but they liked to consider us theirs. They made a big show about circling the date and focusing their entire seasons around beating us and we didn't give a crap. Their fans are too terrible to be worth being called rivals.

Pretty much any team with a pulse in the Big 8 considered Nebraska a rival at some point. Only OU was ever recognized as a rival though. It's hard to consider someone a rival when you beat them for decades straight.

They were never our rival but they liked to consider us theirs. They made a big show about circling the date and focusing their entire seasons around beating us and we didn't give a crap. Their fans are too terrible to be worth being called rivals.

Pretty much any team with a pulse in the Big 8 considered Nebraska a rival at some point. Only OU was ever recognized as a rival though. It's hard to consider someone a rival when you beat them for decades straight.
Makes sense. Similar sentiments given we've played only twice. Guess it helps we are in the same division. I'll see if the conference survives along enough for either of us to care beyond this incident.

NBA-GAF is the worst sports community on the site. Easily.

I love the Cavs but I never post in the NBA-GAF threads during the season, and I've posted sparingly in the Finals thread.

NBA-GAF is the worst sports community on the site. Easily.

I love the Cavs but I never post in the NBA-GAF threads during the season, and I've posted sparingly in the Finals thread.

It's not as bad as it was pre-disbandment 2 years ago is it? As far as I know, the bulk of those who were posting on the old NBA-GAF created their own board on another website and most of them still post there.

impirius

The 2013 game was 62-17 down in Orlando. And yeah if we lose again to them, shut the program down. If we win, burn the trophy.
Man... It's kind of sad that UCF fans are clinging to a win from way back before the rivalry era, but I guess that's what you have to do when you're 0-1 and have an empty pedestal for the Civil Conflict Trophy

So if I was reading Twitter convos between Matt Hinton and Stewart Mandel, the next tech innovation that the NCAA has no idea about is VR training for QBs.

andycapps

So if I was reading Twitter convos between Matt Hinton and Stewart Mandel, the next tech innovation that the NCAA has no idea about is VR training for QBs.

Yeah, Stanford was the first to use it. I think Auburn, Arkansas, Vandy, and some others are using it now too. Uses Oculus actually. A Stanford ex-kicker or punter started the business. He's going to be rich, bitch.

Jacob Park (UGA 3rd string QB) has left the team
after many rumors that he was going to. He may sit out a year and join Mike Bobo at Colorado St or he could go down a level and play this year.

Most didn't think he had a chance of playing given that at the end of spring practice he was hardly getting any reps, so this isn't surprising. It's likely still a battle between Brice Ramsey and Faton Bauta, though Lambert may have an outside shot. He'd have to memorize that playbook to have any sort of shot, IMO. All this is irrelevant after this season anyway, like I've said for a while, when Jacob Eason comes in.

ag-my001

If you haven't wandered over to SBNation to check out the random rivalry generator, please do so.

"Only one game matters this season: Purdue vs Wake Forest in the Drainage Ditch Crusade."

I'd also be totally up for the Hotel Lobby Wrasslin' Match between A&M and Clemson.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

Draxal

I need some backstory here, fellas.

IIRC, about a year and half back NBA gaf got warned as a poster complained to a mod about abusive posts. Mind you that poster was a pretty divisive poster (who gave a lot of abuse as well), so the posters in thread pushed back against the mod and the mod pushed back, with some of the posters getting permed. Evillore locked the thread and they remade it again, but lost a lot of the posters.

Kinda the samething happened with soc.... football gaf except the people was abusive to the mod there.

mre

IIRC, about a year and half back NBA gaf got warned as a poster complained to a mod about abusive posts. Mind you that poster was a pretty divisive poster (who gave a lot of abuse as well), so the posters in thread pushed back against the mod and the mod pushed back, with some of the posters getting permed. Evillore locked the thread and they remade it again, but lost a lot of the posters.

Kinda the samething happened with soc.... football gaf except the people was abusive to the mod there.
Huh. Interesting. Thanks.

If you haven't wandered over to SBNation to check out the random rivalry generator, please do so.

"Only one game matters this season: Purdue vs Wake Forest in the Drainage Ditch Crusade."

I'd also be totally up for the Hotel Lobby Wrasslin' Match between A&M and Clemson.

"I'm talking about REAL rivalries, like the Outlet Mall Shootout. No bigger game if you're a fan of Miami-Ohio or East Carolina."

"Michigan State! NC State! It's the Bar Mitzvah Battle, only on ESPNU!"

"I'm talking about REAL rivalries, like the West Coast Shootout. No bigger game if you're a fan of Colorado State or Northern Illinois."

Draxal

Huh. Interesting. Thanks.

Fwiw, I don't recall what really happened to football gaf, but watching NBA gaf self destruct was sad.

"Nebraska! New Mexico State! It's the Hotel Lobby Shitstorm, only on ESPNU!"

"Nothing says college football like UCF, Indiana, and the Lava Pit Shitstorm."

"Only one game matters this season: A&M vs. Michigan in the Wine Cellar Shitstorm."

I think I broke it.

Pretty sure we just scheduled a home and home with A&M, so get ready for some wrasslin'!

andycapps

These are decent:

Nothing says college football like Toledo, Oregon State, and the Break Room Shootout.

On behalf of Ball State, I officially declare Minnesota our most hated rival, and I look forward to defeating them in the West Coast Quarrel.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Kansas just lost their top RB and a likely starting WR to off the field issues, plus a senior LB to medical issues. This after losing their QB in the spring game.

This is shaping up to be an even longer than usual season for Jayhawks football fans. Their record doesn't really show it but they've been pretty competitive in a lot more games than you would think the last few seasons. 2015 seems like it could be shaping up to be a 2014 SMU-like season coming up where they not only lose (almost) every week but lose SPECTACULARLY.

cdyhybrid

I dunno, based on other gathering places of college football fans on the internet, I'd say we just got lucky with avoiding most of the crazies :p

KingGondo

Banned
We get them every once in a while, but in the offseason they don't seem to come around as much.
1367953531_ptMJSJU.gif

For MidnightRider.

We get them every once in a while, but in the offseason they don't seem to come around as much.

A lot of people only show up when their team is good and then never come back. Back when the gamechickens were good for like 3 years, they had about 10 posters in here. Now it's just impirius again.

Jhriad

And most of them that do come around end up getting banned for jackassery elsewhere on the forum before the season is over. Or their team loses and they magically disappear into the ether once more.

I'm not too sure. You see how many red names post in here? I think it's a test of using a covert insurgency of moderation.

Well, almost all of the red names we see on this board have their roots in CFB GAF. CFB GAF is a fertile recruiting ground for mods these days and Evilore has taken notice, even if he has never made a post in here.

Before some of our regulars were upgraded to moderators, we handled the trolls ourselves and those who were rudely disturbing would generally defect on their own volition without moderators needing to intervene. Civility would almost always win out, and the same can't be said for other sports boards like NBA-GAF and footy GAF

andycapps

A lot of people only show up when their team is good and then never come back. Back when the gamechickens were good for like 3 years, they had about 10 posters in here. Now it's just impirius again.

True. USCe did have a lot of posters for a while there. There are some that only post during the season, for whatever reason.

And most of them that do come around end up getting banned for jackassery elsewhere on the forum before the season is over. Or their team loses and they magically disappear into the ether once more.

True, but you know the Domers will be back as soon as fall practice starts telling us about how great of a team they'll have.

Well, almost all of the red names we see on this board have their roots in CFB GAF. CFB GAF is a fertile recruiting ground for mods these days and Evilore has taken notice, even if he has never made a post in here.

Before some of our regulars were upgraded to moderators, we handled the trolls ourselves and those who were rudely disturbing would generally defect on their own volition without moderators needing to intervene. Civility would almost always win out, and the same can't be said for other sports boards like NBA-GAF and footy GAF

God damn satellite mod camps

So I know fall practice hasn't even started but as the resident Domer I think I should inform you all that I think we have a really good team this year.

andycapps

God damn satellite mod camps

Thanks Harbaugh.

AffeInvasion said:
So I know fall practice hasn't even started but as the resident Domer I think I should inform you all that I think we have a really good team this year.

:jnc

But really ND has a lot more favorable schedule than last year. I don't know anything about their QB or anyone else on their team really. I'm sure they'll be preseason top 10 because they're ND.

When you look at how many CFB-GAFfers have become mods per thread capita, I think it's pretty much a LOCK that one of us will become the next mod added to the team.

Book it!

Thanks Harbaugh.

:jnc

But really ND has a lot more favorable schedule than last year. I don't know anything about their QB or anyone else on their team really. I'm sure they'll be preseason top 10 because they're ND.

Well the guy who turned the ball over a million times couldn't win the starting job and ran to Florida state and the new guy looked solid against LSU in the bowl game. The offensive line should be really good. Who knows about the defense but we did get back two starters who had been suspended last year.

mre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom