• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roll Tide

dustin-dewayne-burgess.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Idk about the rest of Southern CFB GAF, but I hope others like Andy from GA are ready for this heat!

Car thermometer read 103 yesterday afternoon, and Google says it's gonna be 102 today!

#HeatWave

I feel like the true countdown to the CFB season can't start until the NBA season ends. Finally, the NBA season is over with and CFB is on the horizon.

Sweet jeebus, yes! Hockey is out too! Now all I have to do is casually check Braves and Red Sox scores to see how much they suck while waiting for my season tickets to come in.

andycapps

Idk about the rest of Southern CFB GAF, but I hope others like Andy from GA are ready for this heat!

Car thermometer read 103 yesterday afternoon, and Google says it's gonna be 102 today!

#HeatWave

Andy is stuck in Ohio with me! Suck it Andy!!!

:'( Buck is right. Now I'm just dealing with all this rain and then after the rain passes going outside and it feels as humid as a gym locker room.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

#HeatWave

god damn it.

Knew it's going to be bad when the car temp says 88 degrees at 8 am.

#HeatWave

I feel bad for all those people that have to work outside. I'm pretty comfortable at my desk, though.

Vanillalite

My parent's pool is 92 degrees. Fucking headed towards a big hot tub! LoL

I feel bad for all those people that have to work outside. I'm pretty comfortable at my desk, though.

I hate how it's hot a fuck so everyone has their AC set to crazy cool. It's baller when you first go in from the 100 degree heat. You stay in long enough though, and you end up needing a hoodie on! lol

What about people working inside a large metal shop with no AC, just large fans that do little help?

What about me them?

Damn that sucks dude!

Fans do jack shit. It just pushes around the hot air in those situations. Hope you drink enough water!

Vanillalite

I need to mow the grass, but my SO doesn't want me to as she's afraid I'll scalp it while it's hot. Then it'll just die. :/

#HeatWave

Charlotte here. I saw the temperature yesterday at 99, though I don't know the official high. My AC was pretty much non-functional from Saturday on, though it was running and lightly blowing out some slightly cooler air. Inside temperatures were at least 85 upstairs on Monday and 87 Tuesday, though I believe temperatures in certain rooms were higher than that. Fortunately, my AC was fixed Tuesday afternoon, and my home is now quite comfortable.

I felt bad for those poor fellows that had to be working outside on my AC and, worse, in the attic diagnosing the problem and eventually replacing the evaporator coil.

Vanillalite

Weather Channel app trying to say it's 100°F and fair. It also says it feels like 105.

Idk how the fuck that is fair. That's hot as fuck.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saban wants to do satellite camps too, not ban them.

Not to be able to go to Michigan or Ohio, cause who wants to go there for football talent?

He wants to be able to have camps in Florida, Texas, Georgia and Louisiana.

Draxal

Saban wants to do satellite camps too, not ban them.

Not to be able to go to Michigan or Ohio, cause who wants to go there for football talent?

He wants to be able to have camps in Florida, Texas, Georgia and Louisiana.

Eh, Ohio is a legit high school football state, it's not Texas/Calif/Flor but it does produce a good amount of d1 and NFL talent.

andycapps

Eh, Ohio is a legit high school football state, it's not Texas/Calif/Flor but it does produce a good amount of d1 and NFL talent.

Sure, but per capita, why would he go there if he can setup a camp in metro Atlanta and get access to all that talent without having to do official visits? Though it wouldn't shock me for Saban to do a camp in Ohio just to be spiteful to the B1G.

But let's face it, does Alabama seem like they're suffering from a lack of recruiting? Nothing is going to really change here, the rich will get richer, the poor will stay poor. If a kid has offers from Bama and Indiana and attends camps for both, is the kid likely to go to Indiana? Of course not. This is going to help the higher profile teams get even better, but the lower tier schools will be happy because at least they'll get some more exposure out of it from being at the same camp as the big boys, and maybe they'll get some of the second tier talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom