• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

Cardale might as well go to the NFL. He's undefeated in his college career and won a National Title. Nowhere to go but down really.

Cardale is definitely going pro.

-Family to support
-Little chance he starts ahead of JT
-He's never going to look better than he does right now
-He's going to sit anyways, he might as well get paid to do it.

He's a project for sure, but he has all the tools. Good day 3 guy.

Kacar

Michael Thomas is having some tweets that look like he might be gone, but they are all towards his other teamates. Hard to tell if they are just messing with all the emojis everywhere.

andycapps

Cardale might as well go to the NFL. He's undefeated in his college career and won a National Title. Nowhere to go but down really.

I don't see him being anything more than a late round pick, maybe undrafted. If Connor Shaw was signed as an undrafted free agent, what makes anybody think that Cardale Jones would get drafted? It's not about making a choice to go pro or not, it's whether any pro teams want to take a chance on a guy with a very limited sample size.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty

Mariota
Winston
Hundley
Petty
______?

I can't think of any SEC QBs that will garner much draft interest. Sr. QBs leaving include Marshall (AU), Mason (UGA), Wallace (MISS) and Sims (BAMA). I'm not too sure about any other seniors leaving from the SEC. I know Sims, at least, will be at the Senior Bowl. Not sure about the others.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I don't see him being anything more than a late round pick, maybe undrafted. If Connor Shaw was signed as an undrafted free agent, what makes anybody think that Cardale Jones would get drafted? It's not about making a choice to go pro or not, it's whether any pro teams want to take a chance on a guy with a very limited sample size.

Size, speed, arm strength. To name three.

cdyhybrid

Mariota
Winston
Hundley
Petty
______?

I can't think of any SEC QBs that will garner much draft interest. Sr. QBs leaving include Marshall (AU), Mason (UGA), Wallace (MISS) and Sims (BAMA). I'm not too sure about any other seniors leaving from the SEC. I know Sims, at least, will be at the Senior Bowl. Not sure about the others.

Connor Halliday, Sean Mannion. Kevin Hogan but his stock dropped a lot this season.

andycapps

Mariota
Winston
Hundley
Petty
______?

Mason is at the Senior Bowl. I don't expect him to be drafted, nor any of the others, unless Marshall is drafted as a receiver or DB.

Size, speed, arm strength. To name three.

True, you can't teach those things. Maybe he'd be a late round pick to a team that doesn't need a QB anytime soon and can give him time to develop on the bench. I mean, teams have made worse decisions than this. *Thinking of the Browns and Raiders*

Limedust said:
Is Dak staying at MSU?

Yes.

Good news for the Ducks, DL DeForest Buckner is coming back.

Mariota
Winston
Hundley
Petty
______?

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015QB.php

Grayson, Carden, Keeton are all guys who are under the average fans radar.

Hence, a recent column that says that Ohio State's National Championship simply means that OSU is special, the Big Ten is still easily the worst conference in college football, and MSU and UM have literally zero chance to ever catch up or even come close to the greatness of Urban Meyer, because he brings that SEC heritage.

which is weird, because he was consistently under-ranking OSU all season long compared to other AP voters

incidentally, i'm so glad the AP doesn't fucking matter anymore

Good link. Seems like a crowded pool for Jones to dip his toe into, no?

A bit, but the drop off after Mariota and Winston is pretty big. He physical size that teams covet and he's shown he can play against quality competition, so the real questions are whether or not he can develop the non physical tools teams rely upon. Every sports organization ever is confident that they can mould a raw physical specimen into a polished product, so some team will absolutely give him a shot.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
In my short history of listening to Pawwwwwwl's radio program, Kevin from Muscle Shoals' call on Tuesday's show is my absolute favorite call ever.

The caller is hilariously stupid and Finebaum keeps calling Ezekiel Elliott Ezekiel Knight.

There used to be a football player here with the name Ezekiel Knight. Probably the last time I'd heard of anyone named Ezekiel. Alabama processed him over having heart issues, doctors deemed it unsafe to play him. Think he went to Jacksonville/South Alabama to see if they'd let him play. That's the last I'd heard from him.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
There used to be a football player here with the name Ezekiel Knight. Probably the last time I'd heard of anyone named Ezekiel. Alabama processed him over having heart issues, doctors deemed it unsafe to play him. Think he went to Jacksonville/South Alabama to see if they'd let him play. That's the last I'd heard from him.
Played at Stillman his senior year.

Yeah, Pawwwl corrects himself at the beginning of the next segment. Him fucking up Ezekiel Elliott's name just made that call even more hilarious.

ag-my001

which is weird, because he was consistently under-ranking OSU all season long compared to other AP voters

incidentally, i'm so glad the AP doesn't fucking matter anymore
I don't think I ever went back and checked: what was the AP top 10 after championship weekend?

HeySeuss

McShay was projecting him a 4th or 5th rounder. I know it's a small sample size but his starting status is questionable as it is, despite what he did. So he's likely to be a backup and not gain any experience. That's why he should go.

Kacar

This is just surreal. Impossible to ever even imagine this conversation happening. FS1 ESPN and BTN all over this right now. Unreal.

Lol he's wearing his 12 gauge shirt. Motherfucking legend.

andycapps

McShay was projecting him a 4th or 5th rounder. I know it's a small sample size but his starting status is questionable as it is, despite what he did. So he's likely to be a backup and not gain any experience. That's why he should go.

I guess. His other option is to transfer to another school, but clearly he doesn't want to be in school anyway so the idea of staying in school another year probably sounds awful to him.

Oh so he's coming back? Coworker just told me. Still think he reminds me a lot of Jamarcus Russell, hopefully he doesn't show up to training camp like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom