• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, salty. Pretty much the only people applauding Jones' "trolling" ability here are OSU fans, so everyone must be "salty."

*calls press conference on last day to declare for draft*
*wonders why any one made a "big deal" out of his draft status*

That clever troll.

Im not going to fault a young black man from a low income/bad part of ohio come out and make a statement by saying somethings are more important than money, and maybe help influence those that grew up in similar situations as him about whats important. He made announcement, one thats a fairly big one, and wanted his loved ones and friends around him, not his fault the media blew it up.

Just admit it's kind of ridiculous to call a press conference to announce you're staying in school. It's especially ridiculous to vocally question why anyone made it a big deal. White, black, rich, poor, it doesn't matter, it's dumb.

It's OK to agree.

If I can get you that far, maybe I can one day get you all to admit it's stupid to call a press conference with a row of hats in front of you, but we'll take this in baby steps.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Not everyone. Just you.
If being "salty" is thinking Jones wasted everybody's time, then I guess I'm salty. Not even Winston held a press conference. If it was a "no-brainer" that he was coming back, then he wouldn't have waited until the last day to make his decision known.
Just admit it's kind of ridiculous to call a press conference to announce you're staying in school. It's especially ridiculous to vocally question why anyone made it a big deal. White, black, rich, poor, it doesn't matter, it's dumb.

It's OK to agree.

If I can get you that far, maybe I can one day get you all to admit it's stupid to call a press conference with a row of hats in front of you, but we'll take this in baby steps.
SO SALTY. :p

Thank you, Randolph. Your Larry trolls are forgiven.

It's OK to agree.

If being "salty" is thinking Jones wasted everybody's time, then I guess I'm salty. Not even Winston held a press conference. If it was a "no-brainer" that he was coming back, then he wouldn't have waited until the last day to make his decision known.

Oh my god he wasted the time of a bunch of hack sports media douches.

What an asshole he is.

What an asshole he is.

Wait, do you mean the same hack sports media douches who have been asking him if he's going pro or not for the past 3 days?!

Media gets upset when sports stars dont talk to them, media gets upset when sports stars do talk to them.

Again, nobody is saying you'd have to turn in your Buckeye fan cards or you can't like the guy. The only reason we're even talking about this is the absence of anything else to talk about.

But here's an idea. Remember that tweet that announced the press conference at his high school? Maybe, I don't know, next time just use that tweet to say "I'll be in Columbus next year! Go Buckeyes!"

mre

What an asshole he is.
Now who's "salty"? I never called him an asshole. I just didn't find him to be the "clever troll" that all of you Buckeyes are tripping over yourselves to make him out to be.

Yes, the media's been asking him these questions because it is a topic of interest due to the facts that (1) he's draft eligible, (2) he had outstanding performances over the past three games and (3) there's questions about who will be the Buckeyes' QB next season. And I've never said it wasn't a topic of interest or one that shouldn't excite all you Buckeyes. However, according to him, coming back for his senior year was a "no brainer." Yet he had to wait until the last possible day to announce he was coming back all the while "innocently" asking why everyone made a big deal about it while he delayed announcing something that apparently wasn't even much of a decision for him. I don't even care that he had a press conference, I just didn't find his comments to be all that hilarious or clever.

Now who's "salty"? I never called him an asshole. I just didn't find him to be the "clever troll" that all of you Buckeyes are tripping over yourselves to make him out to be.

Yes, the media's been asking him these questions because it is a topic of interest due to the facts that (1) he's draft eligible, (2) he had outstanding performances over the past three games and (3) there's questions about who will be the Buckeyes' QB next season. And I've never said it wasn't a topic of interest or one that shouldn't excite all you Buckeyes. However, according to him, coming back for his senior year was a "no brainer." Yet he had to wait until the last possible day to announce he was coming back all the while "innocently" asking why everyone made a big deal about it. I don't even care that he had a press conference, I just didn't find his comments to be all that hilarious or clever.

Sorry, he was busy winning a national championship :p He didnt have a ton of time to think it over like everyone else.

On a serious note, did you see the press conference or just read a few lines? He said the line about the big deal with a big ass grin on his face then went on talk about how important a degree is when the NFL money runs out.

Yes, the media's been asking him these questions because it is a topic of interest due to the facts that (1) he's draft eligible, (2) he had outstanding performances over the past three games and (3) there's questions about who will be the Buckeyes' QB next season. And I've never said it wasn't a topic of interest or one that shouldn't excite all you Buckeyes. However, according to him, coming back for his senior year was a "no brainer." Yet he had to wait until the last possible day to announce he was coming back all the while "innocently" asking why everyone made a big deal about it while he delayed announcing something that apparently wasn't even much of a decision for him. I don't even care that he had a press conference, I just didn't find his comments to be all that hilarious or clever.

Dumb People Are Mad at Cardale Jones For Some Reason.

mre

Sorry, he was busy winning a national championship :p He didnt have a ton of time to think it over like everyone else.
Motherfucker should have hoisted the vagina trophy Monday night, announced he was going to Disney World, and made his statement then.

Anything else is just being a showoff.

mre

Oh, lawd. Arguing with you dipshit Buckeyes ( <3 ) that I found his comments less than "hilarious" or "clever" has somehow equated to my being mad at him. Well, bravo. You made me put way more thought into Jones' decision than I had planned on giving him.

I still don't think his comments were "clever" or "hilarious."
On a serious note, did you see the press conference or just read a few lines? He said the line about the big deal with a big ass grin on his face then went on talk about how important a degree is when the NFL money runs out.
I have not viewed the press conference.

Oh, lawd. Arguing with you dipshit Buckeyes ( <3 ) that I found his comments less than "hilarious" or "clever" has somehow equated to my being mad at him. Well, bravo. You made me put way more thought into Jones' decision than I had planned on giving him.

I still don't think his comments were "clever" or "hilarious."

The fact that it pissed off people in the sports media and even mildly irritated folks like yourself is why it's amusing - and it's almost certainly why he did it.

mre

The fact that it pissed off people in the sports media and even mildly irritated folks like yourself is why it's amusing - and it's almost certainly why he did it.
Well, now I'm confused. bucknuticus described it as sort of an "aw shucks" sort of situation if you saw the press conference live. Now you're describing (again) him as some sort of Andy Kaufman come lately character who has just had the last laugh on all of America.

Which is it?

Well, now I'm confused. bucknuticus described it as sort of an "aw shucks" sort of situation if you saw the press conference live. Now you're describing (again) him as some sort of Andy Kaufman come lately character who has just had the last laugh on all of America.

Which is it?

A little Column A, a little Column B.

Oh here's some more info for those in the media calling out Cardale for having the press conference in Cleveland and missing class.

Sorry, he was visiting his dying uncle in hospice last night.

mre

Should I point you to the post you just made in which you clearly suggested he was dumb without actually saying he was dumb?

You, of all people, know how sarcasm works.
Of course I was being sarcastic.

You're more than welcome to take my words as a commentary of his overall intelligence rather than a reflection of my views on what a quality job Mr. Jones did trolling us all.

I thought repeating my original post which started this delightful sidebar was enough to make that obvious, but clearly I was wrong.

Ryuuroden

I've never been a fan of championship gear. An everyday Ohio State shirt you can wear forever, but a 2014 National Champions shirt? If you're still wearing that in 2020, after Urban has died and the NCAA has wiped away the entire 2014 season, it's just kind of sad and weird.

Funny story, for the Alabama game and for the NC game I wore my 1999 mens basketball final 4 long sleeve shirt. Yes the final 4 appearance that doesn't officially exist anymore, lol.

Kacar

Think it was just more a set up by his mentor Ted Ginn Sr. to set a good example for all the kids in that school. To pay everything back that he did for him.

Thats all I see here.

I will admit he could of just said he was coming back on twitter, and then gone and given a speech at the school.

This has become a testament less of my saltiness and more of Bert's sensitivity and defensiveness.

/kerosene

You've been unusually pissy for the past two weeks, specifically toward Ohio State fans. It's not a coincidence.

You're better than this.

Think it was just more a set up by his mentor Ted Ginn Sr. to set a good example for all the kids in that school. To pay everything back that he did for him.

Thats all I see here.

I will admit he could of just said he was coming back on twitter, and then gone and given a speech at the school.

Some local guys are saying you can tell that Ginn Sr set a lot of this up to help promote the Ginn Academy

I rest my case with this:

B7bvLQMCIAAZipm.jpg

Funny story, for the Alabama game and for the NC game I wore my 1999 mens basketball final 4 long sleeve shirt. Yes the final 4 appearance that doesn't officially exist anymore, lol.

For Christmas 2006, Grandma got all of her grandkids National Championship Game sweatshirts.

That hoodie was worn once and then buried in the closet forever.

That's probably another reason why I'm so averse to championship gear.

mre

You've been unusually pissy for the past two weeks, specifically toward Ohio State fans. It's not a coincidence.

You're better than this.
Except... I haven't been.

I made one sarcastic comment (in a sea of sarcastic comments from non-OSU fans) following Jones' announcement, which you took seemed to have taken personally for some reason. If you'll notice, my conversation with bucknuticus had a decidedly "friendlier" bent to it, and that's not because I stopped making sarcastic remarks to him.

Except... I haven't been.

Keep telling yourself that.

I made one sarcastic comment (in a sea of sarcastic comments from non-OSU fans) following Jones' announcement, which you took seemed to have taken personally for some reason. If you'll notice, my conversation with bucknuticus had a decidedly "friendlier" bent to it, and that's not because I stopped making sarcastic remarks to him.

Ehh, I'd have gladly just called you salty and moved on. That's what I intended to do, actually. We've traded plenty of friendly barbs in the past with no actual confrontation.

But then you decided to go on a dumb rant against Jones for holding a press conference to announce that he was staying when plenty of other college players have done pretty much the exact same thing.

I'll go ahead and offer a detente. I like CFB for its overall lack of confrontation so I don't want to make it a confrontational place.

Apologies, mre.

cdyhybrid

Let's talk about how UW is losing 3 All-Americans off a team that already underwhelmed last season, and could be going into next season with a starting QB who has never taken a college snap if we're lucky.

:(

Schmitty

Remember the Penn State kicker who missed 4 field goals and an extra point in 2012?

He is now the #1 kicker prospect for the NFL according to ESPN. Gotta pay that 9.95 though to see the rankings.

Let's talk about how UW is losing 3 All-Americans off a team that already underwhelmed last season, and could be going into next season with a starting QB who has never taken a college snap if we're lucky.

:(

Wait, QBs who have never taken a college snap arent supposed to be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom