• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Urban might have been messing around, but I believe the depth chart says Jim Jebow.
From the film I've seen of Jebow, he should probably switch to HB or TE if he wants to really have a chance in the pros.
I guess. His other option is to transfer to another school, but clearly he doesn't want to be in school anyway so the idea of staying in school another year probably sounds awful to him.

Good luck to him. He has some of the key things that NFL guys love, but lot of unknowns. Still think he reminds me a lot of Jamarcus Russell, hopefully he doesn't show up to training camp like him.
I could be wrong here, and OSU fans correct me if I am, but I don't think Jones has graduated, so transferring is an even more ridiculous proposition because then he has to sit a year anyway.

@Matt_NBC4: Cardale walking in to the presser with Drake's "Started From the Bottom"

‏@brdispatch 10s10 seconds ago
Cardale Jones announces that he will return to OSU.

‏@BCastOZone 14s14 seconds ago
Cardale: "I don't know why you guys made this such a big deal. It was very simple for me. The NFL after 3 games was out of the question."

JCX

Wow, so when do we hear about JT transferring?

Cardale: "I don't know why you guys made this such a big deal. It was very simple for me. The NFL after 3 games was out of the question."

Umm because you held a press conference for it.

HeySeuss

I don't know why you guys made a big deal...lol! Because you called a press conference you big dope

Jarrod38

Cardale Jones just pulled a Shyamalan twist on everyone.
Nh308zz.jpg

Ryuuroden

Guhhhhhh this is gonna be insane with QBs this year. Wtf do we do.

Please don't leave Braxton. Please.

I don't think Braxton can play QB anymore. His arm is shot. I bet Brax and Urban are keeping a secret that Brax is going to be like a mega receiver/rb next year or something.

Anno

Best for everyone is probably Brax transferring, Caredale starting this year then going if he's good, then two years left on JT. Obviously who knows what will happen with the two or three other highly recruited QBs we will have off of redshirt by then.

Kacar

I don't think Braxton can play QB anymore. His arm is shot. I bet Brax and Urban are keeping a secret that Brax is going to be like a mega receiver/rb next year or something.
I'm ok with this. Its more just the thought of him in a different uniform that upsets me.

I don't think he will be our QB at all this year.

Do the "i didnt come to play school" jokes officially die now?

Seriously, you guys. It was a bad tweet, yeah, but it was a mistake.

Not everybody is the perfect person in the world.

Everyone does -- kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me.

I just feel that people need to give him a chance.

If Cardale wins the starting job next year, that still gives us at least one more year with Barrett after Jones graduates. This could work out nicely.

Brax's time as OSU QB is over. Love the guy and I do hope he stays and is open to being used elsewhere, but if he transfers I'm cool with it.

jwhit28

Pre-season Heisman favorite to 3rd string quarterback is a long way to fall. I expect Braxton to go start at QB somewhere instead of accepting a WR/RB spot.

Ryuuroden

Pre-season Heisman favorite to 3rd string quarterback is a long way to fall. I expect Braxton to go start at QB somewhere instead of accepting a WR/RB spot.

If Braxton wants a career in the NFL he probably needs to switch positions. Multiple surgeries on same arm, his throwing arm, is highly likely going to destroy his throwing strength. Elbows you can fix, shoulders each time they get injured, degenerate and do not recover to what they used to be. He is going to have to learn to throw all over again if he does go back to being a QB.

Meier

It's in Braxton's best interest to come to FSU. Jimbo knows how to get a QB drafted and there's no way Maguire is good enough so I'm sure Braxton would get the job. The other guys are all pretty young and not necessarily stand-out talents yet.

"I mean, I don't know why you guys made such a big deal."

What a hilarious troll job.

Any Buckeye fans order any of the National Championship gear?

Thinking of getting a jacket, or a shirt/hat/blu-ray combo.

I've never been a fan of championship gear. An everyday Ohio State shirt you can wear forever, but a 2014 National Champions shirt? If you're still wearing that in 2020, after Urban has died and the NCAA has wiped away the entire 2014 season, it's just kind of sad and weird.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
God, still so salty.
Yep, salty. Pretty much the only people applauding Jones' "trolling" ability here are OSU fans, so everyone must be "salty."

*calls press conference on last day to declare for draft*
*wonders why any one made a "big deal" out of his draft status*

That clever troll.

Yep, salty. Pretty much the only people applauding Jones' "trolling" ability here are OSU fans, so everyone must be "salty."

*calls press conference on last day to declare for draft*
*wonders why any one made a "big deal" out of his draft status*

That clever troll.

Not everyone. Just you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom