• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ESPN

Clemson starting left tackle Isaiah Battle will enter the NFL supplemental draft, coach Dabo Swinney announced Thursday.

"I have some family matters to address, with a child due this summer, and I feel it is in my best interest to enter the NFL supplemental draft," Battle said.

andycapps

Battle has been in trouble in the past at Clemson, serving a suspension in 2013 after punching a player, and another last season for disciplinary reasons. According to The Clemson Insider, Battle was pulled over for speeding in early June and caught with marijuana. Police cited him for both, but did not charge or arrest him.

I can't comprehend this. I'm used to players getting arrested for jaywalking or not wearing a scooter helmet, but for a kid to be pulled over for speeding and caught with marijuana and not get charged or arrested... That's crazy.

Good luck to him. He'll be lucky if he's picked up as a free agent.

I can't comprehend this. I'm used to players getting arrested for jaywalking or not wearing a scooter helmet, but for a kid to be pulled over for speeding and caught with marijuana and not get charged or arrested... That's crazy.

Cowboys took La'el Collins so I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry gives him an in home visit

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

But Saint Dabo is a good Christian man and only dealing with and instilling good Christian values! LoL

So we just signed a punter from Australia that will play for us this season. If he's half as good as the Aussie punter that played at LSU a few years ago, we'll be in good shape. His name is Michael Dickson, but his friends call him Dicko. So for the 2015 class we've signed Breckyn and Dicko. Awesome...

andycapps

So I guess the Tallahassee PD released some details regarding a FSU player allegedly hitting a lady in the face.

The department redacted all information including the adult player's name, but didn't redact the alleged victim's name and contact info. They only included the approximate location and time of the incident other than the alleged victim's info.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...e-in-deandre-johnson-report-sent-to-deadspin/

Wow, leaked the victim's name so that she can be pressured to not pursue charges, but kept the player's name out of it. Brilliant.

Seriously, at what point does a higher power (Justice Department) step in to cause some heads to roll in the Tallahassee PD?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So I guess the Tallahassee PD released some details regarding a FSU player allegedly hitting a lady in the face.

The department redacted all information including the adult player's name, but didn't redact the alleged victim's name and contact info. They only included the approximate location and time of the incident other than the alleged victim's info.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...e-in-deandre-johnson-report-sent-to-deadspin/

Wow, leaked the victim's name so that she can be pressured to not pursue charges, but kept the player's name out of it. Brilliant.

Seriously, at what point does a higher power (Justice Department) step in to cause some heads to roll in the Tallahassee PD?
Wow... that's some commitment by the TPD to doing almost everything absolutely the wrong way.

I'm sure it's more common than we'd like but this is still a pretty gross move by Michigan. Let the guy finish out his career.

If a man is healthy and can play, he should be allowed to play. There should be curbs on this type of activity -- pushing somebody out shouldn't free up a scholarship, at least not a full replacement, as that just encourages coaches to get rid of any and all lesser players when they think they can do better. When the school offers a scholarship to play, it should be honored.

That said, this is a one sided story, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. Perhaps this player actually does have a legitimate medical issue, one he is not ready to face.

I'm sure it's more common than we'd like but this is still a pretty gross move by Michigan. Let the guy finish out his career ffs.

Yuck.

However, Pipkins said he still felt unwelcome. After being pulled from a workout at the team facility -- he was told it was to avoid injury -- Pipkins said he was later told he could work out, but not with teammates.

"Schmidt told me, 'Call it quits. Hang it up.' He said, 'You've had a good run,'" Pipkins said of the Wolverines' head athletic trainer.

After showing up to work at a camp for children with his teammates and coaches, Pipkins said he was confronted by Minick and told that he needed to meet with Harbaugh.

"'I need you to sign this,'" Pipkins said Harbaugh told the lineman regarding the medical form. "'It's not fair to your teammates. Let's get it done.'"

Doesn't sound like a personal issue. Sounds like they wanted him to gtfo.
Really messed up if true.

andycapps

We had to pick up the slack since the SEC has been unusually quiet this summer.
Ha, well I did see that Laremy Tunsil of Ole Miss was arrested for domestic violence in getting in the middle of a fight between his mom and stepdad. He punched him. On the face of it, I don't have a problem with that.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Apparently Chazz Surratt is decommitting from Duke and is now going to UNC

lolololololol

Fedora got Roy to promise walk on positions for both Chazz and his brother on the basketball team so he flipped and got his dad to call Cutcliffe. From his post flip comments about how Duke just wasn't the right fit for him and how he always wanted to go to UNC. He had a UNC offer to begin with so why didn't he just go there from the start?. His commitment to Duke came right after Logan Byrd, a much higher rated prospect committed to UNC.

So why is Fedora still chasing Surratt when he isn't likely to see the field. My guess is Byrd is flipping to someone else.

This is about as close as Duke Football will get to a Harrison Barnes recruitment scenario, but unlike that, there is time to get someone else. Fuck 'em.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ha, well I did see that Laremy Tunsil of Ole Miss was arrested for domestic violence in getting in the middle of a fight between his mom and stepdad. He punched him. On the face of it, I don't have a problem with that.
Yep. Weird that the step-dad didn't get arrested.

andycapps

I'm gonna guess maybe they sided with the stepdad because I'm guessing Tunsil had 100 pounds and six inches of height on him. No idea, but I don't have a problem with a kid defending his mom. Unless there's more to the story I don't know about.

Ganhyun

I'm gonna guess maybe they sided with the stepdad because I'm guessing Tunsil had 100 pounds and six inches of height on him. No idea, but I don't have a problem with a kid defending his mom. Unless there's more to the story I don't know about.

I don't care if he does have height and weight on the stepdad. The stepdad likely has those on his mom.

I also do not have an issue with him defending his mom on the face of it.

andycapps

I don't care if he does have height and weight on the stepdad. The stepdad likely has those on his mom.

I also do not have an issue with him defending his mom on the face of it.

I guess there's been a little more development in the story, though I still don't see anything wrong with what Tunsil did.

Freeze claims that Laremy Tunsil and his mother have pressed charges against Miller, although Lafayette County Justice Court officials could not confirm as of Monday afternoon.

"Laremy realizes he could have handled it differently," Freeze said in a statement on Saturday. "I am proud of him for standing up for his mother and protecting his family."

Miller, who has not yet been arrested, told The Clarion-Ledger that he denies the report and alleges the incident occurred after an argument with Tunsil on Thursday afternoon. Miller claims he never pushed Tunsil's mother and that Tunsil instigated the fight.

Miller alleges Tunsil struck him six to seven times.

Miller also asked for and received a restraining order against Tunsil, which was issued by Lafayette County judge Mickey Avent on Friday. The order includes Miller's two sons, Derek and Darius, as other persons to be protected.

According to a report from ESPN, Tunsil was at his mother's home when the incident occurred. Miller shoved Tunsil's mother and in response Tunsil punched his stepfather, a source told Brett McMurphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom