• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I doubt it. They probably just let a woman try out every year and then magically never pick one.

Notre Dame's women's BB is good enough that I feel like I would have noticed a female mascot by now.
I say, if they can find a woman who can grow the requisite beard, they should give her the job.

mre

I don't recommend going back into the FSU thread. Some of those posters have completely lost the plot.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If they hadn't killed that Crazy Jared from Subway topic, imagine if it and the FSU topic merged.

Maybe that's what is in the center of the No Man's Sky galaxy.

andycapps

I don't recommend going back into the FSU thread. Some of those posters have completely lost the plot.

I gave up on it earlier. I started to think I was the crazy one and had somehow turned into the white knights they kept talking about.

If they hadn't killed that Crazy Jared from Subway topic, imagine if it and the FSU topic merged.

Maybe that's what is in the center of the No Man's Sky galaxy.
I wonder if in the infinite universe of No Man's Sky if GAF exists on one of the planets and if they're having serious discussions about whether hitting a man or a woman is the same thing.

I wonder how many posters saying it's okay have a daughter or are married. Would they feel the same if a man hit their wife or daughter even if they did something to provoke it?

Don't all college football related topics outside of the Mutually Assured Destruction situation we have going on in here end up going to shit?

I said it in the other thread when I left it. I'd be happy if both were charged. If she isn't going to be charged, I don't think he should be either.

I was ready to pounce and pile on the QB/FSU when I first heard about it, but seeing the additional video, I changed my mind. Oh well.

I don't post here ( hang out over on /r/cfb) , but I don't think people truly comprehend the depravity of The Strip on a hot Tallahassee night. This was at Yianni's of all places, the home of serving mixed drinks out of a freakin fishbowl.

Poor kid made a bad life choice stepping into that bar in the first place. This almost certainly wasn't his first time at it either-where's the leadership on the team to point out that he's being a giant dumbass by even stepping foot in there?

mre

This almost certainly wasn't his first time at it either-where's the leadership on the team to point out that he's being a giant dumbass by even stepping foot in there?
Is this the guy FSU has hired to follow around it's quarterbacks, and any time they start to act inappropriately towards women (allegedly!) he pops up and shakes a finger at them to discourage that behavior?
tumblr_mbunpcneva1ri41obo1_500.gif

Is this the guy FSU has hired to follow around it's quarterbacks, and any time they start to act inappropriately towards women (allegedly!) he pops up and shakes a finger at them to discourage that behavior?

I'm not talking something riduculous like this. I'm just wondering why there wasn't some kind of mentoring program that might have given the kid some useful advice, such as to avoid crowded bars with lots of drunk people when you are 19. LIke I said, it's very likely that this was far from the first visit. Shouldn't someone with some sway said something?

mre

I'm not talking something riduculous like this. I'm just wondering why there wasn't some kind of mentoring program that might have given the kid some useful advice, such as to avoid crowded bars with lots of drunk people when you are 19. LIke I said, it's very likely that this was far from the first visit. Shouldn't someone with some sway said something?
No kidding. :p

andycapps

Well of course they tell them not to do these things, but college kids are going to go to bars.

Ganhyun

Isn't Stewart Mandel basically instructed to generate clicks for SI?

Also, did he publish that or did someone else publish it?

Florida State running back Dalvin Cook is under investigation for the battery of a 21-year-old woman.

The incident occurred the day before former FSU freshman quarterback De'Andre Johnson was charged with misdemeanor battery.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2015/07/10/fsu-rb-dalvin-cook-investigation-battery/29971363/

Shut down college football.

Also

In a heavily redacted police report obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat, the victim was listed as intoxicated and suffered minor abrasion/bruises from the incident, which occurred outside of Clyde's & Costellos on South Adams Street.

The victim's name and personal information were listed in the report, but the report does not have a suspect listed. The victim was able to identify the suspect to police

They're going to heavily redact the police report, except for bits that identify the victim and cast her in a bad light?

andycapps

Nialrot

Looks like it's escalating...

The state attorney's office in Tallahassee will issue a warrant for the arrest of Florida State running back Dalvin Cook, who is accused of punching a 21-year-old woman in the face several times during an argument outside a bar last month.

State attorney Willie Meggs told ESPN.com on Friday that he met with the woman, who is not an FSU student, and a female witness on Friday. The woman presented Meggs photos of her injuries.

Meggs said Cook, a 19-year-old sophomore from Miami, will be charged with misdemeanor battery.

"I found the women to be very credible," Meggs said.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13234576/dalvin-cook-florida-state-seminoles

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
As long as they properly discipline these idiots for being idiots, I don't feel too terrible about being a fan.

Cook has some experience dropping the ball, so I'm not too surprised at this latest instance. If true, kick his dumbass off the team too.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

But we are 2 for 2 as of late with handing down punishments, so that is something.

These idiots see everybody else getting away with it so they act like damned fools. Now punishments are being handed down so hopefully a culture of consequences is starting so that the coaching staff can get these idiots under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom