• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Prepare for a potentially rough season. There could be some early losses on the schedule and I really have doubts that the defense will hold up for the entire season with the extremely poor linebacker depth. Injuries are going to hit us at some point and that's when the wheels come off. I'm hopeful for the 2016 season though.

Oh I'm aware. Always gonna be some growing pains and the team is still built for Bo's specifications, but I'm interested to see how Riley and Co. handle some of the coaching situations that their predecessors crumpled under. Still likely to fail early on, but how they respond will be key to the future.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Am I a bad person for wishing Meyer hired Jay Paterno?

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rno-asked-urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-job

You should come east to see Sirpopopopo.
v3mxXGD.png

So, Paterno has a "diverse set of experiences both on and off the field that would be an asset to" Ohio State. Said experience includes "looking the other way," "not seeing what I shouldn't be seeing if you know what I mean," and "fully embracing nepotism as a valid tool for furthering my career."

v3mxXGD.png

So, Paterno has a "diverse set of experiences both on and off the field that would be an asset to" Ohio State. Said experience includes "looking the other way," "not seeing what I shouldn't be seeing if you know what I mean," and "fully embracing nepotism as a valid tool for furthering my career."

embracing nepotism was why he fought so hard to untarnish his father's legacy. Up until then, he thought he would be able to climb the ladder in any walk of life without earning it. Now that the Paterno name is tarnished, he doesn't have that luxury anymore. Well, anywhere outside of Happy Valley that is. Maybe he'll find a PSU alum to work for

andycapps

embracing nepotism was why he fought so hard to untarnish his father's legacy. Up until then, he thought he would be able to climb the ladder in any walk of life without earning it. Now that the Paterno name is tarnished, he doesn't have that luxury anymore. Well, anywhere outside of Happy Valley that is. Maybe he'll find a PSU alum to work for

If Charlie Weis can keep getting jobs, Paterno should be able to find one someday. But he's going to have to set his sights a little lower than some of the top programs out there.. At least for a while.

andycapps

The OBC can never resist trolling Tennessee.

@JoshatTheState: Steve Spurrier: "There are people in Knoxville and Fayetteville still doing cartwheels over going 7-6."

Paterno's letter to Richt:

OCMam2mh.jpg

Oh man, OBC went to Arby's again today?

zhIZNNWh.jpg

Lunar15

WAYYLL what'd ya expect, OBC's gotta get his sprite fix on.

EDIT: After enhancing, that's a pepsi machine. What's that man doing? I thought the whole reason he left UF was because we stopped serving coke products on campus.

inm8num2

If you're going to send someone a handwritten letter, make sure your handwriting is legible. I can barely read that chicken scratch.

WAYYLL what'd ya expect, OBC's gotta get his sprite fix on.

EDIT: After enhancing, that's a pepsi machine. What's that man doing? I thought the whole reason he left UF was because we stopped serving coke products on campus.

What do you want the man to do, write a letter to Arby's HQ?

"Get some Co'-Cola in here and, while you're at it, keep those curly fries fresh. You'd think an unpaid volunteer was running this place. Or a Tennessee graduate. Come to think of it, that's the same thing.

-OBC"

Jhriad

How in the fuck are you from the Texas?

Texas BBQ is noteworthy for the frequency with which it isn't served with sauce and is seasoned very lightly. Of all the BBQ regions that quote probably makes the most sense coming from a Texan. They don't know what good sauce is.

Lunar15

"Get some Co'-Cola in here and, while you're at it, keep those curly fries fresh. You'd think an unpaid volunteer was running this place. Or a Tennessee graduate. Come to think of it, that's the same thing.

-OBC"

I like this fanfiction.

AntoneM

Arbys roast beef is delicious and Arby's sauce is the best BBQ sauce around. Haters gonna hate

Got a family meal deal the other day, 4 roast beefs, curly fries, onion rings, and mozzarella sticks $15. Melted some Velveeta on the roast beefs cause beef n cheddars are so much better plus some Arby's sauce and Horsey sauce. I was one smug bastard!

mre

Texas BBQ is noteworthy for the frequency with which it isn't served with sauce and is seasoned very lightly. Of all the BBQ regions that quote probably makes the most sense coming from a Texan. They don't know what good sauce is.
That is a fair point.

That just hurts my soul, though, to think that somewhere out there is someone whose idea of a fantastic BBQ sauce is Arby's. :(

andycapps

-OBC"
You know, I could see the OBC saying that.

Lunar15

That is a fair point.

That just hurts my soul, though, to think that somewhere out there is someone whose idea of a fantastic BBQ sauce is Arby's. :(

I mean, I like Arby's sauce, but I'm not calling it "Great" or "BBQ Sauce" either.

Call Arby's sauce what you want but it has the perfect amount of tang and spice that compliments their roast beef better than anything else you could put on it. Same thing with Chick Fil-A's Honey Roasted BBQ. Is it really BBQ? Can BBQ even be yellow? It's all semantics when the bottom line is, it's delicious.

And for the record, I don't eat a lot of BBQ. Lived in Austin for almost 4 years and never had Franklins, or Salt Lick. It's a crime, I know. I'm just really lazy and choose convenience over taste.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Arby's sauce is the greatest thing that Arby's has. But that's not a complement.

Now, 15 years ago, Arby's must have used different (or actual) meat, because they were pretty good. But now, it's like a 1 in 8 chance of getting edible meat, instead of the usual rubber horsemeat.

mre

Arby's sauce is the greatest thing that Arby's has. But that's not a complement.

Now, 15 years ago, Arby's must have used different (or actual) meat, because they were pretty good. But now, it's like a 1 in 8 chance of getting edible meat, instead of the usual rubber horsemeat.
Naw, son. Their jamocha shakes are the tits.

andycapps

Call Arby's sauce what you want but it has the perfect amount of tang and spice that compliments their roast beef better than anything else you could put on it. Same thing with Chick Fil-A's Honey Roasted BBQ. Is it really BBQ? Can BBQ even be yellow? It's all semantics when the bottom line is, it's delicious.

And for the record, I don't eat a lot of BBQ. Lived in Austin for almost 4 years and never had Franklins, or Salt Lick. It's a crime, I know. I'm just really lazy and choose convenience over taste.
I don't hate Arby's sauce but I usually combine it with Horsey sauce.

Honey Roasted BBQ sauce is from the gods.

@SethEmersonAJC: Butch Jones: "Contrary to reports, there were no backflips and there were no somersaults." ... But defends being happy with improvement.

I hope this is the start of a budding Fulmer/Spurrier type relationship.

andycapps

Total farce. And today, Tunsil's stepdad hired a lawyer from Starkville. Not making that up.
Honestly, I don't even know who is telling the truth. The whole thing is unbelievable. I wouldn't put it past a college student to get an agent and get free stuff because it's happened so many times before. But his stepdad seems like a scumbag.

andycapps

What you say is true... but if we are talking about milkshakes then I'd just drive to Zaxby's for either the birthday cake or banana pudding shake.

I don't think we can talk about shakes without talking about Chik Fil A peach or cookies and cream shakes, or really anything at Cookout. Also, Varsity chocolate shakes are so good.

I don't think we can talk about shakes without talking about Chik Fil A peach or cookies and cream shakes, or really anything at Cookout. Also, Varsity chocolate shakes are so good.

Can't believe you brought up chik fil a and didn't mention the best shake ever created. It is literally the best thing to happen to Christmas since Jesus.

Lunar15

The worst thing about this conversation is that I live in a place where there's no Arby's, Chic-Fil-A, Zaxbys, or Varsity. You're all making me hungry for things I can't have. Feels like Florida football.

andycapps

The worst thing about this conversation is that I live in a place where there's no Arby's, Chic-Fil-A, Zaxbys, or Varsity. You're all making me hungry for things I can't have. Feels like Florida football.
In what God forsaken land do you live?

This is pretty funny, couple tOSU fans showed up for SEC Media Day today since it's Bama's day and they wanted to troll.

Lunar15

In what God forsaken land do you live?

This is pretty funny, couple tOSU fans showed up for SEC Media Day today since it's Bama's day and they wanted to troll.

South Florida. Chic-Fil-A is slowly creeping down here and Zaxbys is rumored to start up, but Arby's are few and far between.

When I lived in Gainesville I was within walking distance of all 3.

andycapps

South Florida. Chic-Fil-A is slowly creeping down here and Zaxbys is rumored to start up, but Arby's are few and far between.

When I lived in Gainesville I was within walking distance of all 3.
I'm sorry. Though I do want to vacation in Miami or the Keys sometime.

Another picture of the tOSU trolls. They may have Randolph's disease and be fans of multiple schools, or one may just be a Wartiglesman troll.

jBtyzxTh.jpg

mre

Cookout is god tier. Didn't realize they had them in Georgia until just now. Hard to fuck with the Varsity, too, though I'm still holding a grudge for their part in killing Lewis Grizzard.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

ag-my001

Speaking of things found in Georgia, why have I seen more Alabama gear than anything else? It's Savannah, so I get that they'll be a tourist bias, but I don't think I've seen a single UGA or Tech item yet.

andycapps

I'm sure the tMCU guys' fandom is both lifelong and genuine.

Oh I'm sure.

mre said:
Cookout is god tier. Didn't realize they had them in Georgia until just now. Hard to fuck with the Varsity, too, though I'm still holding a grudge for their part in killing Lewis Grizzard.

Pours some bourbon out for Lewis.

Cookout seems to be expanding rapidly in Georgia. Hopefully they make their way to Ohio soon.

Vanillalite

The varsity rocks, but outside of the random bone thrown in Athens it's pretty much just ITP in Atlanta. Cookout is basically all over the state now.

Oh I'm sure.

Pours some bourbon out for Lewis.

Cookout seems to be expanding rapidly in Georgia. Hopefully they make their way to Ohio soon.

You guys have me wanting to try Cookout. Unfortunately I'm not within 1000 miles of one.

Area served
Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia

Vanillalite

You guys have me wanting to try Cookout. Unfortunately I'm not within 1000 miles of one.

Area served
Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia

It's not amazing, but it's only like $5. Basically it's what Mc Ds should be instead of $7 for worse food.

The guy who runs the Cook-Out chain is a cool dude. Friend of a friend.

And they serve corn dogs as side items, so you know they'll blow up if they get down to LSU country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom