• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

Well, there's been two recent cases of prominent female stars committing domestic violence, Hope Solo and Brittney Griner(albeit Brittney was with her female partner) attacking her nephew and step sister. So I don't think their position is that indefensible The Hope Solo one is key as she did alot of damage to her nephew with punches only.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Police-Hope-Solo-repeatedly-punched-nephew-5573464.php

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...griner-arrested-assault-charge-abrk/26233395/

I don't think you can discount the amount of damage that a woman can do. However, in this case the response was clearly disproportionate (he tried to pull his punch, but he didn't do it nearly enough), I only think she should be charged as well.

I think the punch landed, but it was incredibly soft.

Well Hope Solo is a trainwreck and is an athlete so I'd expect her to be able to fight and probably hurt a lot of men. I'm just saying that at least in this instance, it doesn't appear that the woman posed much of a threat to him, though I absolutely agree she should have charges pressed. But he shouldn't have done anything but hold her back, and if he'd done so, we'd be talking about his amazing restraint after being antagonized by a drunk girl yelling racial epithets and hitting him.

How much you want to bet FSU gets criticized for cutting him prematurely?

In the OT yeah. In the real world, I don't think they will be. I absolutely agree with cutting him.

One dumb mistake can cost you your life.

That's the takeaway I have here. I hope he's able to pick up and recover. I doubt he'll get a proper chance.

I bailed out of that OT thread after the first 150 posts, because it was getting ridiculous. With it now over 1000, I don't even want to know what's going on in there.

From that thread:

Nailed it, but wait.. I really thought you were a Duke fan this whole time.

We've been over this! But for those keeping score at home

1) Duke
2) Florida State
3) ACC! ACC! ACC! (excludes North Carolina)
4.) UNC-Greensboro (alma mater, doesn't play football)
5.) UNC-Charlotte (original school, transferred, just started playing football 2 years ago)

Hasn't Brown been basically cut out as the Texas mouthpiece since the new AD took over? I hear Patterson or whoever hates him. This makes little sense it would seem given these same conferences sued not too long ago to decentralize the TV contracts from the NCAA.

I know circumstances are different now but it would seem incredibility complicated to pull off given the conferences themselves seem unable to agree on things within their own houses. Further, the content would be staggering. Multiple networks would have to be involved just to begin to be able to show everything at reasonable times.

Anyway, I think OU started talking simply to shoot an arrow across the bow of Texas. Big XII needs the LHN to become a Big XII netowrk to have any hope of true stability. And if Texas doesn't budge, I'm sure OU will look to move out wherever they can.

andycapps

I bailed out of that OT thread after the first 150 posts, because it was getting ridiculous. With it now over 1000, I don't even want to know what's going on in there.

From that thread:

We've been over this! But for those keeping score at home

1) Duke
2) Florida State
3) ACC! ACC! ACC! (excludes North Carolina)
4.) UNC-Greensboro (alma mater, doesn't play football)
5.) UNC-Charlotte (original school, transferred, just started playing football 2 years ago)

I think I'm going to have to bail out too. I'm getting depressed.

Ha, yes we have had this conversation before.

Meier

Meier taking my comment all seriously in that abortion of a thread.

tumblr_mbunpcneva1ri41obo1_500.gif

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is this the guy FSU has hired to follow around it's quarterbacks, and any time they start to act inappropriately towards women (allegedly!) he pops up and shakes a finger at them to discourage that behavior?

Meier

Is this the guy FSU has hired to follow around it's quarterbacks, and any time they start to act inappropriately towards women (allegedly!) he pops up and shakes a finger at them to discourage that behavior?

I'll get Stan on the blower and pass this idea along. Can't hurt.

... if women want to be equal to men they should also be equal in receiving punches as well. Nothing surprises me anymore.

I don't particularly care for the feminist double-standard that says gender is a social construct while simultaneously maintaining that woman are to remain a protected class with special benefits. If your drunk ass gets in someone's face without any accord to common decency you're asking for trouble, and that's what she got. I have no more sympathy for her than I would have for some random dude of the same physical stature. That said, I am a pacifist who thinks his actions were fucked up regardless.

cdyhybrid

We should separate D1-A into two divisions and have the winner of each conference play each other for the championship. That's how true champions are determined, after all.

Draxal

I'll go with 6 myself

3-6 and 4-5

Winner of 4-5 v 1.
Winner of 3-6 v 2.

I understand the desire to expand, but I really want the regular season to matter.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'll go with 6 myself

3-6 and 4-5

Winner of 4-5 v 1.
Winner of 3-6 v 2.

I understand the desire to expand, but I really want the regular season to matter.

I wouldn't complain if they did this and stopped there. Don't want to see more than that though.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yeah, I mean, I know Hugh Freeze is a better coach than they've had there for a while but to go from awful recruits to beating out Bama, UGA, and Clemson in one offseason was odd in my opinion.

All three of the 5* guys from that class were flown to NCAA HQ last summer for questioning and it didn't turn up anything useful. A lot of hurt feelings that Ole Miss signed them. Not to say this guy doesn't have something new as far as proof, but ill be mildly surprised if anything comes of it other than Tunsil missing 1-2 games for improper agent contact.

mre

My man. Unfortunately, we're on the losing side of this one. It will be 8 and then it will be 16, because if we make X amount of money with 4 teams, then we'll make 2X amount of money with 8! And then 4X amount of money with 16!!!!

Any more than 16 and the power 5 conferences might as well combine into one conference and start the playoffs with game 1 of the regular season.

My man. Unfortunately, we're on the losing side of this one. It will be 8 and then it will be 16, because if we make X amount of money with 4 teams, then we'll make 2X amount of money with 8! And then 4X amount of money with 16!!!!

Any more than 16 and the power 5 conferences might as well combine into one conference and start the playoffs with game 1 of the regular season.

FCS teams play an 11 game regular season + up to 5 playoff games. I don't see why FBS teams can't play 16 games.

andycapps

All three of the 5* guys from that class were flown to NCAA HQ last summer for questioning and it didn't turn up anything useful. A lot of hurt feelings that Ole Miss signed them. Not to say this guy doesn't have something new as far as proof, but ill be mildly surprised if anything comes of it other than Tunsil missing 1-2 games for improper agent contact.

If they've given him any money, rides, paid for any meals, etc he is fucked. Hopefully those agents were smart enough to pay with cash for everything.

Draxal

I was on the four bandwagon myself, but I don't want to listen to an eternity of bitching from a certain round robin conference, so I consoled myself with 6.

I was on the four bandwagon myself, but I don't want hear another of eternity of bitching from a certain round robin conference, so I consoled myself with 6.

Yeah last year proved 4 teams was not enough. If the goal of a playoff was to have an undisputed champion, that was not accomplished last year

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The amount of teams in the playoffs should be proportional to the amount of teams in the NFL playoffs. So every power 5 team makes it.

Also not the goal of the big 12

Although I agree that either TCU or Baylor should have been officially announced as champion, I don't think a declaration would have been able to get either team in the playoffs given how the final weekend played out and how the committee viewed the other teams. The NCAA doesn't allow 10 team conferences to play a CCG either so that blame can't be put on the Big 12.

I think Florida State was unfairly excluded from the championship game last year. They only had 1 loss.

The first college football playoff was illegitimate.

But you know what wasn't?
Larry Culpepper.

mre

Although I agree that either TCU or Baylor should have been officially announced as champion, I don't think a declaration would have been able to get either team in the playoffs given how the final weekend played out and how the committee viewed the other teams. The NCAA doesn't allow 10 team conferences to play a CCG either so that blame can't be put on the Big 12.
They could have had 12 teams?
I think Florida State was unfairly excluded from the championship game last year. They only had 1 loss.

The first college football playoff was illegitimate.

But you know what wasn't?
Larry Culpepper.
God dammit, Randolph.

Counterpoint: no playoff is legitimate if it includes Notre Dame.

This is true only because Notre Dame stands for everything pure and wholesome in college sports (including cheating in your classes) and the playoffs represent everything that's wrong with the $port.

Plus we beat an SEC team in a bowl game, that's worth way more than losing to a Big 10 team in some playoff determined by Condolezza Rice.

mre

This is true only because Notre Dame stands for everything pure and wholesome in college sports (including cheating in your classes) and the playoffs represent everything that's wrong with the $port.

Plus we beat an SEC team in a bowl game, that's worth way more than losing to a Big 10 team in some playoff determined by Condolezza Rice.
Counterpoint: fuck Rudy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd be OK with 8 though I think 12 with the top 4 teams getting a bye would be legit.

It's the same idea as the 6 team playoff on a larger scale.

Is... is there a female leprechaun for ND's women's teams? Because there was a woman at the tryouts.

I doubt it. They probably just let a woman try out every year and then magically never pick one.

Notre Dame's women's BB is good enough that I feel like I would have noticed a female mascot by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom