• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn chosen to win the SEC

Florida chose to be 4th in the East. I don't agree with that.
with Alabama picked to win the SEC west. So, yeah.

With LSU being the odds-on favorite.

FS_11AM_CFB_071615_Chance_to_Win_SEC_West_1437056528170.jpg

So there you have it. 3 teams from the SEC-W are favored to win

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
with Alabama picked to win the SEC west. So, yeah.
So people think the Georgia Dome is going to collapse during the SEC championship game, killing both teams and leaving Auburn as the de facto winner of the SEC?

andycapps

Auburn chosen to win the SEC

Florida chose to be 4th in the East. I don't agree with that.

True, Florida should probably be picked to be 5th in the East.

With LSU being the odds-on favorite.

So there you have it. 3 teams from the SEC-W are favored to win

Media loves them some Malzahn and Muschamp. Nevermind that Auburn had Nick Marshall as QB and still went 8-5 last year. Now they have a first time starter at QB. But so many people think that they won't skip a beat on offense (because Malzahn duh) and Muschamp will work miracles with their defense.

The reality is that they'll probably end up with a couple more wins if they're lucky, aboot the same record if they're not.

So people think the Georgia Dome is going to collapse during the SEC championship game, killing both teams and leaving Auburn as the de facto winner of the SEC?

I think it's because they're counting the total number of votes 1-6, not just for first place votes. So Auburn has more total votes, while having less first place votes than Bama.

Still, the overoptimism of the SEC West has me shaking my head a little bit.

El_Chino

Media at SEC Media Days picked em at 5th.

That sounds about right. One voter said we'd win the east. Hilarious.
Hm on bleacher report I read 4th but I'm honestly predicting a 9-3 or 8-4 season out of Florida so unless SCAR ford better than that I don't see Florida that low in the East.

Man, I responded to that "what do you think about when you think of each state" thread and like most of my thoughts were about college football.

There is no hope for me.

Honestly, I had the same thought of replying to that thread and just putting football for most of the southern states. I might do it anyway.

Draxal

Man, I responded to that "what do you think about when you think of each state" thread and like most of my thoughts were about college football.

There is no hope for me.

I was sad that I was the only one who put in a burning couch reference.

mre

There is no hope for me.
Thanks, Cyan, for pointing out that this thread exists. >>

mre

Welp, you guys didn't get shit on as much as NJ did :).
With the exception of the CFB references, it was pretty much: "Alabama: redneck, backwards, segregation, lynching." Not even Mississippi got pissed on as much as we did. Asshole Californians.

With the exception of the CFB references, it was pretty much: "Alabama: redneck, backwards, segregation, lynching." Not even Mississippi got pissed on as much as we did. Asshole Californians.

Ohio's majority was sad, depressing, stuck forever, nothingness.

womp womp

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Just because Mississippi is also those things...

andycapps

Ohio's majority was sad, depressing, stuck forever, nothingness.

womp womp

I gave my take on the states in the thread.

Ohio is funny because there's a ton of people that live in Ohio that have never lived anywhere else, and they think it's awful because they don't get out and do anything or because they live in some shitty town in the middle of nowhere. Newsflash is that every shitty town in the middle of nowhere in any state is boring. The good thing is that Columbus is pretty cool, and Cleveland and Cinci have their decent parts about the city.

But Cleveland sports deserves all the shit in the world.

I gave my take on the states in the thread.

Ohio is funny because there's a ton of people that live in Ohio that have never lived anywhere else, and they think it's awful because they don't get out and do anything or because they live in some shitty town in the middle of nowhere. Newsflash is that every shitty town in the middle of nowhere in any state is boring. The good thing is that Columbus is pretty cool, and Cleveland and Cinci have their decent parts about the city.

But Cleveland sports deserves all the shit in the world.

Feel like most people's impression of Ohio comes from a random cornfield and Cleveland. You know since you live here, Columbus is nothing like pretty much the rest of Ohio and worlds different than cincy and Cleveland

andycapps

I think he actually didn't go far enough. He said the flag has been hijacked. No, it hasn't. It's always been a symbol of hate.

I don't want to be too critical though. A coach from a major school in a state like Mississippi with a poor racial history saying this is very important. And I admire that he tackled it instead of avoiding it like Mullen.

Sounds like Nike is not going to release player specific jersey numbers any more, just the #1 and the year (15 this, 16 next, etc)

Meanwhile Ed O'Bannon still selling cars and I still dont get to play a new NCAA football game.

Draxal

Sounds like Nike is not going to release player specific jersey numbers any more, just the #1 and the year (15 this, 16 next, etc)

Meanwhile Ed O'Bannon still selling cars and I still dont get to play a new NCAA football game.

Ayup, I mean i know they probably should get paid, but I WANT TO PLAY NCAA FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW.

We wont get a new NCAA game until athletes are fairly compensated. I hear that will happen as soon as Hell freezes over.

Athletes sue to get money, instead of getting money NCAA goes fuck everyone else you guys dont get anything.

Now youre hurting my enjoyment, athletes! Thanks for ruining a good thing!

Old game discs didn't self destruct.

Er, I'm assuming. You never know, with the game industry these days.

I was playing NCAA Football 11 last night. UCF is a win over Syracuse in the Big East CCG away from playing for their second straight BCS Title. This time it will be against Alabama as defending champs Oklahoma dropped a regular season contest to TCU before getting vengeance in the Big 12 CCG. Elsewhere Lane Kiffin's 10-2 USC Trojan's face off against Brett Nottingham and the Stanford Cardinal.

I was playing NCAA Football 11 last night. UCF is a win over Syracuse in the Big East CCG away from playing for their second straight BCS Title. This time it will be against Alabama as defending champs Oklahoma dropped a regular season contest to TCU before getting vengeance in the Big 12 CCG. Elsewhere Lane Kiffin's 10-2 USC Trojan's face off against Brett Nottingham and the Stanford Cardinal.
Good good. UCF can go 2-0 all time vs. Bama.

Oh and real scheduling news, it appears Bama turned down UCF for 2016 and instead scheduled some FCS team. According to the local Orlando rag writer.

andycapps

Good good. UCF can go 2-0 all time vs. Bama.

Oh and real scheduling news, it appears Bama turned down UCF for 2016 and instead scheduled some FCS team. According to the local Orlando rag writer.

The funny thing with this is that Saban said the other day he thinks Power 5 schools should only play Power 5 schools. I'm resisting a dig here at UCF, but maybe somebody else can hit that softball that you pitched for us.

mre

The funny thing with this is that Saban said the other day he thinks Power 5 schools should only play Power 5 schools. I'm resisting a dig here at UCF, but maybe somebody else can hit that softball that you pitched for us.
Why is that funny? He also thinks the SEC should play 9 games, but we only have 8 on the schedule this year as well! Just because he thinks the P5 schools should only play P5 schools doesn't mean he's going to sign his team up to play by those rules when every one else is playing by other rules.

AntoneM

Why is that funny? He also thinks the SEC should play 9 games, but we only have 8 on the schedule this year as well! Just because he thinks the P5 schools should only play P5 schools doesn't mean he's going to sign his team up to play by those rules when every one else is playing by other rules.

9 game conference schedule for Pac 12 and Big 12. Should schedule 2 P5 OOC home and home games a year and put his money where his mouth is, just sayin'.

9 game conference schedule for Pac 12 and Big 12. Should schedule 2 P5 OOC home and home games a year and put his money where his mouth is, just sayin'.

Everyone else in his conference. He's not competing with USC, he's competing with Auburn. He'll worry about the other guys if and when he gets to the playoff round.

andycapps

It's a fair point but I think it's funny that this scheduling announcement comes out within days of what he said regarding P5 teams.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Trying to find any team that he was on at the same time as Saban. Talking about the CB in the nfl who retired in 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom