• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the Penn State kicker who missed 4 field goals and an extra point in 2012?

He is now the #1 kicker prospect for the NFL according to ESPN. Gotta pay that 9.95 though to see the rankings.
Good thing he got his unlucky kicks early rather than later in his career. Though I suppose if he was good he would have found a spot on most teams eventually.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'll go ahead and offer a detente. I like CFB for its overall lack of confrontation so I don't want to make it a confrontational place.

Apologies, mre.
I reject your apology as unnecessary.

Sounds like we're just going to have to agree that I'm salty and you're sensitive. :p
Vote now for my new celebratory gif I will use!!

http://i.imgur.com/tiyg62P.gif[/img

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yuDHsLd.gif[/img[/QUOTE]
I could have sworn you were already using 2?

Balphon

I mean, probably, but I wouldn't be too proud of it. We've been garbage for the majority of that streak.

We haven't beaten Arizona State since before the last time we beat Nike U.

I think once you guys get a few more years past the human millstone that is Sark you'll be fine.

mre

I mean, probably, but I wouldn't be too proud of it. We've been garbage for the majority of that streak.

We haven't beaten Arizona State since before the last time we beat Nike U.
I thought you guys were loaded with talent? I swear I remember threads where you were jovially recounting instances of Sark barking on twitter or some shit every time he landed a stud recruit. Was I dreaming?

cdyhybrid

I thought you guys were loaded with talent? I swear I remember threads where you were jovially recounting instances of Sark barking on twitter or some shit every time he landed a stud recruit. Was I dreaming?

We have/had talent. Unfortunately most of it doesn't really fit Petersen's system, and he's essentially just burning it all down and starting over.

mre

We have/had talent. Unfortunately most of it doesn't really fit Petersen's system, and he's essentially just burning it all down and starting over.
I gotta think that whatever athletes you guys had in place are head and shoulders above what Peterson had to work with out in Boise.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch many BSU games. I mainly remember the mind-fuck statute of liberty play against Oklahoma. What sort of system does he run?

cdyhybrid

I gotta think that whatever athletes you guys had in place are head and shoulders above what Peterson had to work with out in Boise.

I'll be honest, I didn't watch many BSU games. I mainly remember the mind-fuck statute of liberty play against Oklahoma. What sort of system does he run?

They are, but he has a very specific vision with regards to what he wants from his players and their role in the system. He's always talking about the process, blah blah blah.

On defense we're doing something pretty similar to what we were doing under the previous staff, so it translated alright. Kind of a 4-3/3-4 hybrid where a guy can either be a DE or an OLB depending on the play.

On offense they seem to favor a lot of the quick passing game - WR screens, etc. We ran the ball a ton and very rarely took shots down the field, but that might have been influenced by our QB's physical limitations.

It's hard to make WR screens work when the ball takes 3 seconds to get into his hands :(

Most of the fans expected him to adjust his system to the talent on the roster and just sort of keep it rolling, but he didn't.

mre

They are, but he has a very specific vision with regards to what he wants from his players and their role in the system. He's always talking about the process, blah blah blah.

On defense we're doing something pretty similar to what we were doing under the previous staff, so it translated alright. Kind of a 4-3/3-4 hybrid where a guy can either be a DE or an OLB depending on the play.

On offense they seem to favor a lot of the quick passing game - WR screens, etc. We ran the ball a ton and very rarely took shots down the field, but that might have been influenced by our QB's physical limitations.

It's hard to make WR screens work when the ball takes 3 seconds to get into his hands :(

Most of the fans expected him to adjust his system to the talent on the roster and just sort of keep it rolling, but he didn't.
Hmm, I think I know who to call when Saban retires...

I think we're going to be in a similar situation next year if Coker is our QB. Sims had a quick release and got the ball out to the WRs real quick on those screens. Coker eats a picnic lunch every time the ball is snapped before throwing the ball.

Ryuuroden

For Christmas 2006, Grandma got all of her grandkids National Championship Game sweatshirts.

That hoodie was worn once and then buried in the closet forever.

That's probably another reason why I'm so averse to championship gear.

I never buy championship gear till the team has won it all when it comes to football so I didn't have that issue thankfully.

cdyhybrid

Hmm, I think I know who to call when Saban retires...

I think we're going to be in a similar situation next year if Coker is our QB. Sims had a quick release and got the ball out to the WRs real quick on those screens. Coker eats a picnic lunch every time the ball is snapped before throwing the ball.

That's why I'm hoping one of the newer guys gets the starting nod next year. Cyler has the weakest arm on the roster by far. He could do alright if we were doing more of an intermediate passing game where guys get open 5-15 yards downfield, but if you're throwing it directly to the sideline you have to gun it. Plus, our OC didn't seem to adjust the offense to make up for this weakness.

Some local guys are saying you can tell that Ginn Sr set a lot of this up to help promote the Ginn Academy

I rest my case with this:

B7bvLQMCIAAZipm.jpg

lol Amazing.

tiyg62P.gif

yuDHsLd.gif

2 man, gotta stick with the classic!

andycapps

tiyg62P.gif

yuDHsLd.gif

I don't know about those, but those remind me of this one which always makes me laugh.

Td2EwSn.gif

Looks like I missed all the fireworks yesterday. I'll just say that any player using a press conference to announce they're staying is dumb, much less one that has played 3 games. A press release by the school or a tweet by the student should suffice.

Thought this was a cool gesture from Sparty.

qcAVrVT.jpg

As I've said on here several times, I really value the mutual respect between us and MSU. It's refreshing.

@RutgersAl 49m49 minutes ago
2005: Louisville 55 Rutgers 3
2006: Rutgers 28 Louisville 25
2014: Ohio State 56 Rutgers 17
2015: Rutgers 30 Ohio State 27
#bELieve #chop

wut

Draxal

@RutgersAl 49m49 minutes ago
2005: Louisville 55 Rutgers 3
2006: Rutgers 28 Louisville 25
2014: Ohio State 56 Rutgers 17
2015: Rutgers 30 Ohio State 27
#bELieve #chop

wut

That's not RutgersAL and it's a fake RutgersAL.

But yeah it's a pretty good impersonation of him, he's the homer to end all homers.

Kacar

I dislike MSU in basketball but the Dantonio effect makes it impossible to diss the football side. So awesome.

inm8num2

As someone who loves college football but also thinks that the culture surrounding it can be quite corrupting, fuck this whole situation. Fuck anyone who thought that the real tragedy of the Sandusky scandal was Paterno being fired and having his wins vacated. Goddamn, those are some fucked up priorities.

jakncoke

Banned
Remember the Penn State kicker who missed 4 field goals and an extra point in 2012?

He is now the #1 kicker prospect for the NFL according to ESPN. Gotta pay that 9.95 though to see the rankings.

He has come a real long way.

I didnt even care if we got the wins back because nothing you guys say, people on other forums, people in real life, or the ncaa can take win memories away from me.

Branduil

He has come a real long way.

I didnt even care if we got the wins back because nothing you guys say, people on other forums, people in real life, or the ncaa can take win memories away from me.

It's a shame those children getting raped almost put a damper on your sportsball.

At least Joe Paterno died in the midst of that shitshow and had to face what a disgusting pig he was before he kicked the bucket.

It would have sucked had that story broken after his death.

jakncoke

Banned
lol comments like that is basically why i stopped coming into this thread. im not the bad guy yo, im not a truther. im just a penn st fan ffs

Branduil

Unfortunately, being a "penn state fan" is no longer inseparable from "child rape apologist." Blame your school, not us.

mre

Please change the thread title back. I really don't want to have to be reminded of this shit all off-season.

lol comments like that is basically why i stopped coming into this thread. im not the bad guy yo, im not a truther. im just a penn st fan ffs

Joe Paterno was a bad guy, so naturally we're going to shit on him relentlessly.

If that bothers you to such a degree that you don't want to participate in this thread, I couldn't possibly care less.

jakncoke

Banned
Joe Paterno was a bad guy, so naturally we're going to shit on him relentlessly.

If that bothers you to such a degree that you don't want to participate in this thread, I couldn't possibly care less.

I was mostly talking to the people that quoted me but yes it is tiresome being considered a truther just because im a penn st fan and having to read through a plethora of off hand remarks any time i want to discuss the game when its on.

BTN post season awards:

2014-15 All-Big Ten postseason team below.

OFFENSE QB Christian Hackenberg, Penn State. He completed 34-of-50 passes (68 percent) for 371 yards vs. Boston College and was selected as the New Era Pinstripe Bowl MVP.

What in the actual fuck.

mre

BTN post season awards:

OFFENSE QB Christian Hackenberg, Penn State. He completed 34-of-50 passes (68 percent) for 371 yards vs. Boston College and was selected as the New Era Pinstripe Bowl MVP.

What in the actual fuck.
See, Buckeye fans. THIS is a clever troll on the part of the B1G.

Shit makes no sense. Should have been Elliott.

Draxal

See, Buckeye fans. THIS is a clever troll on the part of the B1G.

Shit makes no sense. Should have been Elliott.

Am I reading that it wrong or did he just earn postseason qb award?

I mean it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom