• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Somebody's gotta be the standard bearer.

Also, pour one out for ole Tennstud. Fucker's dead.

Doesn't have to be anything worth anything to pour, though. Can just be a jar of A&M wacky tacky.

Also, be prepared, Hatin Ass Spurrier is barking. Prepare for Quotes.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I know a friend from Ames. Never gonna let him live this one down.
My wife is from Iowa and her whole family are Iowa State fans. That video got so much play when it first came out that she threatened me with sleeping on the couch.
Low blow man. Low blow.
Don't start none, won't be none is my motto.
Somebody's gotta be the standard bearer.

Also, pour one out for ole Tennstud. Fucker's dead.

Doesn't have to be anything worth anything to pour, though. Can just be a jar of A&M wacky tacky.
Well, if he has a family, my condolences.

KingGondo

Banned
Joe Mixon is not very smart.

99C10738-B226-4F15-9D5C-E1F1CE38EE99_zpsw6lbc16y.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Yeah, you're right. Those dudes make a killing in spite of never winning a damn thing except the Egg Bowl.

Ole Miss F+ progression from the year before Freeze was hired (2011, when Nutt bottomed out at 2-10) to last year:

2011: #92 (Nutt)
2012: #29
2013: #28
2014: #5

That is borderline miraculous. Freeze is underpaid.

KingGondo

Banned
Ole Miss F+ progression from the year before Freeze was hired (2011, when Nutt bottomed out at 2-10) to last year:

Well since you didn't win your division, conference, or bowl game, can I see your sweet F+ trophy?

I haven't posted here since the first page :p
Changed name from TheBatman for those that don't know ;p

Reigning Champs, nice ring to it. Gonna try to go to a game later this year.

Go Bucks!

andycapps

I just watched the Spurrier interview. It's nice to see he still hates Georgia so much, the feeling is mutual. Whiny Spurrier isn't quite as entertaining as wisecracking Spurrier though.

More thoughts on this. I'm glad that Spurrier seems to have had a fire lit under him, though I'm not sure why he was so upset over people hinting about him retiring soon. He hinted at it himself mere months ago.

El_Chino

Things headed south for Ole Miss really bad though. They were absolutely embarrassed in their bowl game.

andycapps

mre

Holy shit unl's new unis are uhhhhhhh....

Adidas is just playing one long joke on people right?

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/nebr...s-appear-to-have-leaked-big10-cornhuskers-uni

The helmets are sweet though
But how will their coach take away their black shirts next time their defense underperforms?
Smart Football put up an excellent article on football jargon. Probably worth bookmarking whenever Jesse Palmer tries to sound smart this fall.
How on earth did "double move" not make the cut?

Jhriad

Lunar15

FSU not on the list? I mean, they have a bar that serves liquor out of fishbowls.

That said, as someone who's brother in-law and family are all Wisconsin grads, I can absolutely attest to their placement on the chart. Wisconsin drunk is some kind of drunk that I can't comprehend.

FSU not on the list? I mean, they have a bar that serves liquor out of fishbowls.

That said, as someone who's brother in-law and family are all Wisconsin grads, I can absolutely attest to their placement on the chart. Wisconsin drunk is some kind of drunk that I can't comprehend.

Every town has a bar(s) that serve liquor out of fishbowls, not a unique concept

Lunar15

Every town has a bar(s) that serve liquor out of fishbowls, not a unique concept

This is true. I guess I just see the strip in Tallahasee as some kind of toxic wasteland, but that's less drunken debauchery and more health-code violations.

On Florida Drunk: This is sadly true. Doesn't help that Ben Hill Griffin is designed like some kind of horrible death trap that gets blocked up whenever one person decides to loiter in front of the entrance. I'll never forget the Tennessee game where I had to carry not one, not two, but three people out of the stadium in order to get help.

Joey Bosa's 5 star little brother just committed to Ohio State. Potential for them to at at the same time, but also unlikely, would be sweet

KingGondo

Banned
I have honestly never heard of the fishbowl thing.

The Stillwater signature cocktail is the "Limey" at the Copper Penny. Basically sprite and a fuckton of liquor in a mini-pitcher.

Joey Bosa's 5 star little brother just committed to Ohio State. Potential for them to at at the same time, but also unlikely, would be sweet
Just got the sports center update. for a second I thought it said Joey said he's committed to Ohio state. Meaning he wouldn't enter the draft after this season haha

andycapps

How on earth did "double move" not make the cut?

An egregious omission.

63IBsK0.png

THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL DRUNK SPECTRUM

I know I'll be leaving the Fireball at home this season
(sorry visiting Nebraska fans!)

LSU should be the epitome of drunk CFB fan, and UGA not rating on there is good, I guess. Someone tell that journalist that called into Finebaum and said all UGA fans care about is drinking and music that we don't actually care about drinking. Just music. Or something.

mre

Oh, oops. Now that one Wazzu fans is gonna get mad at me. :/
I mean, they were literally the highest "rated" school who was actually on the chart. They finally win something and still they can't get any respect. Wazzu truly is the Rodney Dangerfield of college football teams.

I'm surprised we're even on that list.

Not that we lack drunks or anything, but we rarely show up on lists of biggest party schools and such.

Not that any of this is scientific, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom