• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace 8095

63IBsK0.png

THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL DRUNK SPECTRUM

I know I'll be leaving the Fireball at home this season
(sorry visiting Nebraska fans!)
App State drunk usually turns bad for their pet goats.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Oh man, I forgot about the KKK guy.
Look at Cyan going all M. Bison on poor Midnight Rider. "For you, the day I banned you from NeoGAF was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

Jhriad

Tim Beckman was hired as Co-OC/QB coach in Herman's place but there's speculation our Co-OC/OL coach Ed Warriner is going to be calling plays.

I think you mean Tim Beck and the less he's calling plays for you all the better. He can script out a series or two as good as almost anyone but if he has to deviate from that script he's pretty mediocre.

george_us

I think you mean Tim Beck and the less he's calling plays for you all the better. He can script out a series or two as good as almost anyone but if he has to deviate from that script he's pretty mediocre.
Shit yeah you're right. Don't know what I was thinking.

How do you not roll with Cardale? The dude has never lost, and he won the championship game.

Braxton making a move for his career. Just like Tebow should've done.

andycapps

How do you not roll with Cardale? The dude has never lost, and he won the championship game.

Braxton making a move for his career. Just like Tebow should've done.

That's a bingo.

I'm so happy that the UFARTED sign is real. So happy.

Texas brought $161 million in revenue last year. So it may come as a surprise that they're reducing the amounts of free meals that coaches can get. Makes me happy that our AD has released the purse strings and is on a spending spree right now.

Coaches used to be allowed to go into the athletic dining hall whenever they wanted under Dodds, often to bond with their student-athletes or have a one-on-one conversation. Under Patterson, coaches are only allowed 30 visits per year. If coaches go to the athletic dining hall more than that, they have to pay $10 for each visit out of their own pocket.

Sources said this new policy had a negative impact on Danielle Lund McNamara, who stepped down as Texas' women's tennis coach last month out of frustration. UT didn't have a tennis facility this season, and won't next year, because the previous facility was demolished to make room for a new medical school.

"There was no place for Coach McNamara to meet with her team," one source close to the situation said. "Was she going to use her own money each time she wanted to go into the athletic dining hall just to meet with her players? She'd be taking a pay cut. Come on. It's ridiculous.

Draxal

That's a bingo.

I'm so happy that the UFARTED sign is real. So happy.

Texas brought $161 million in revenue last year. So it may come as a surprise that they're reducing the amounts of free meals that coaches can get. Makes me happy that our AD has released the purse strings and is on a spending spree right now.

Patterson is David Brandon 2.0

andycapps

Patterson is David Brandon 2.0

Running that athletic department like a corporation. Gotta maximize revenues for our shareholders! Oh wait, we don't have shareholders? Well, let's just keep growing that reserve fund then.

Barry Alvarez probably thinks what Patterson did is a good idea.

Why would Texas, of all programs, need to resort to penny pinching like that?

andycapps

I was surprised that Rudy topic wasn't started by mre (or another CFB-GAF). Good self restraint everyone.

Great, now you put up the Domer spotlight which will summon mre.

Why would Texas, of all programs, need to resort to penny pinching like that?

Why indeed. They have tons of money, what's the point of hoarding it all? Like I said, no shareholders. There is no point in maximizing profit. He's trying to run it like a business instead of an athletic program. Say what you will about the days of coaches also being AD's, but I'm sure shit like this didn't happen where a suit comes in and alienates their coaching staff.

Why indeed. They have tons of money, what's the point of hoarding it all? Like I said, no shareholders. There is no point in maximizing profit. He's trying to run it like a business instead of an athletic program. Say what you will about the days of coaches also being AD's, but I'm sure shit like this didn't happen where a suit comes in and alienates their coaching staff.

Yeah, this mindset of hiring business/pro sports-types to run college athletic programs is asinine. Yes, the budgets are huge, but everything else about the job is completely different.

I dunno. I guess some of these universities' boards of trustees just want to try to maximize the amount of money their athletic programs contribute back to the university. In reality they should just be glad they have athletic departments that make any profit at all.

Jhriad

I dunno. I guess some of these universities' boards of trustees just want to try to maximize the amount of money their athletic programs contribute back to the university.

Those are the boards that don't understand the correlation between athletic success and increased alumni donations.

andycapps

Yeah, this mindset of hiring business/pro sports-types to run college athletic programs is asinine. Yes, the budgets are huge, but everything else about the job is completely different.

I dunno. I guess some of these universities' boards of trustees just want to try to maximize the amount of money their athletic programs contribute back to the university. In reality they should just be glad they have athletic departments that make any profit at all.

I agree. Contributing some back to the general scholarship fund or to the university is cool with me, but the university side needs to realize that a large portion of why they even still exist is because of athletics. I'm sure the athletic program isn't the main reason why normal students go there, but it's likely a contributing factor in their decision that kept them from going somewhere else. And it's that same athletic program that keeps them giving back when they're alumni.

Listening to the Finebaum podcast (ugh, yes, I listen to the Finebaum podcast).

Pretty fucking hilarious to hear all of these South Carolina rubes ripping Finebaum apart for criticizing the OBC.

"You're just jealous 'cause he has more hair than you."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom