• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

It's MRE's favorite song, we have to rocky top him at least once every off season.

Yep, it's basically our version of Rickrolling. We have to make the link look like something else that would make mre click on it. The hardest part is that you have to mask the URL using a URL shortener so that when he mouses over it he doesn't see that my link to an SI article on the top Bama players of all time is actually a Youtube link. That's when his Rocky Top senses start tingling.

pxleyes

Banned
Credit? You want to give the person who designed this, presumably a Tennessee employee, credit for doing nothing more than sobering up enough to look around his (or her) office and seeing the multitude of Jack Daniel's bottles that he (or she) has used to literally drink away the last 10 years of their life?

They can get their credit at their nearest AA meeting by getting their 1 day chip.

Think of it as a subtle suggestion to fans that they better not forget to drink or their tickets before the games.

I heard that mre once went in to give blood and they said thanks for volunteering which sent him into a rage and he ran through and ate all the cookies and snacks that were there

M1CuL0L.png

Lunar15

I hate to be this guy, but after all this time I have to ask: What's :jnc supposed to represent?

I only ever see it in here and it's supposed to be, I don't know, someone rubbing their hands and smirking?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I hate to be this guy, but after all this time I have to ask: What's :jnc supposed to represent?

I only ever see it in here and it's supposed to be, I don't know, someone rubbing their hands and smirking?
Since I'm not 100% a dick, I'll answer. NFL-GAF and CFB-GAF favorite jakncoke, loved the GAF emoji, specifically the :lol laughing one. Because he loved it so much, he flew too close to the sun and the emoji was banned. So now in NFL-GAF and CFB-GAF, when one would have in past years used the :lol smiley to show that you are laughing at another poster's witty remark, you may use :jnc, or :jakncoke.

Lunar15

:jnc get a load of this guy

tumblr_nn6uicBhRh1u5s9hao2_500.jpg

Since I'm not 100% a dick, I'll answer. NFL-GAF and CFB-GAF favorite jakncoke, loved the GAF emoji, specifically the :lol laughing one. Because he loved it so much, he flew too close to the sun and the emoji was banned. So now in NFL-GAF and CFB-GAF, when one would have in past years used the :lol smiley to show that you are laughing at another poster's witty remark, you may use :jnc, or :jakncoke.

God, thank you, that was probably the biggest mystery for months. For a time there I did honestly think it was some kind of smirking face rubbing it's hands together. It was either that or a direct reference to some other user.

Draxal

JNC stopped posting here because to be fair, being a PSU fan after Sandusky was brutal, but he still posts in NFL gaf all the time.

andycapps

JNC stopped posting here because to be fair, being a PSU fan after Sandusky was brutal, but he still posts in NFL gaf all the time.

Do they use :jnc in the NFL threads? I've gone in a couple times but it's a lot different. I find it hard to be involved in multiple community sports threads on GAF because the personalities are so much different.

Draxal

Do they use :jnc in the NFL threads? I've gone in a couple times but it's a lot different. I find it hard to be involved in multiple community sports threads on GAF because the personalities are so much different.

Yeah, its used all the time and NFL gaf is in weird spot atm, it's just so completely offtopic at points (and I have contributed to those tangents), so the real talk is completely drowned out in the offseason.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

pretty sure the :jnc trend started in nflgaf

ag-my001

I had some Tuesday night and it was fantastic. Spicy chicken sandwich combo with a cookies and cream shake. Yeah, that was an off night for the diet.

I feel that 80% of therapists could be put out of work if the healing powers of the CFA Cookies & Cream shake were more widely known.

ag-my001

Never saw them in the Mid-Atlantic. I'm still waiting for them to wake up and sell me Fried Pickles. It makes too much sense not to; all the ingredients are already in the store.

Never saw them in the Mid-Atlantic. I'm still waiting for them to wake up and sell me Fried Pickles. It makes too much sense not to; all the ingredients are already in the store.

Fried in that peanut oil batter they use? That would be unique and yes I would be interested trying some dipped in Honey Roasted BBQ.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, I think OKC was a test market.

Spicy chicken sandwich w/CFA sauce
Sweet potato waffle fries with mayo

Mmmmmm...

7-6 teams from last year being on here is why pre-season polls have little meaning.

Unfortunately they do, because when someone beats that overrated team, they'll get credit for beating a "highly ranked" team and an undue boost themselves. They'll probably stay high leading up to a real game because their OOC games are usually jokes too.

Ohio State junior DE Joey Bosa and sophomore WR Jalin Marshall have been suspended for the school's season opener against Virginia Tech, according to Tim May of the Columbus Dispatch.
Junior receiver Dontre Wilson and senior receiver Corey Smith are also suspended. That means three receivers (two slot) and OSU's top defensive player will miss the game against the Hokies, a team that beat Ohio State last season. As of now, the only reason for the suspension is a "violation of athletic department policy." Obviously these are huge suspensions and more details should be available shortly. Braxton Miller could see immediate playing time at H-back/slot receiver.
PUKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom