• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

What do others see that I dont see in Auburn (besides SECSECSECESEC of course) they were a mediocre team last year and are starting a brand new QB

You mean other than one of the better offensive coaches in college football, a lot of returning players on defense, the addition of one of the better defensive coaches in college football, and most of their tough games at home? Yeah, who knows. They do lose a ton of starters on offense so I have my doubts as well but they'll probably be considerably stingier on offense which should help compensate.

Jhriad

Knew this offseason was too quiet, hoooooray suspension

Don't worry, when you all are stomping through that cake of a schedule this will give the talking heads a nice "persevering through adversity" storyline. "Even though they had to struggle through replacing Bosa with some other 5 star recruit they still managed to pull it out. Amazing. What a gutty performance by Ohio State." Then they cut to Kirk spooning Urban while they insert interstitial footage from the Va Tech game of the brief moments where the Hokies managed to hold the ball without looking bewildered as to what this new-fangled "offense" thing is. The struggles of one of juggernauts of College Football oozing talent from every pore made manifest in a 45 second montage that they'll replay 6 times throughout the season on College Gameday. It'll be great.

Don't worry, when you all are stomping through that cake of a schedule this will give the talking heads a nice "persevering through adversity" storyline. "Even though they had to struggle through replacing Bosa with some other 5 star recruit they still managed to pull it out. Amazing. What a gutty performance by Ohio State." Then they cut to Kirk spooning Urban while they insert interstitial footage from the Va Tech game of the brief moments where the Hokies managed to hold the ball without looking bewildered as to what this new-fangled "offense" thing is. The struggles of one of juggernauts of College Football oozing talent from every pore made manifest in a 45 second montage that they'll replay 6 times throughout the season on College Gameday. It'll be great.

Wooooo, someone needs some cfa

Jhriad

Wooooo, someone needs some cfa

Got three within a few minutes from my house. I just thought it was funny and you know that's what's going to happen. ;) They need to break up the all the knob slobbering they're going to do over the SECSECSEC with something.

EDIT: Can we just start the season already? I'm tired of waiting for my fix.

Got three within a few minutes from my house. I just thought it was funny and you know that's what's going to happen. ;) They need to break up the all the knob slobbering they're going to do over the SECSECSEC with something.

EDIT: Can we just start the season already? I'm tired of waiting for my fix.

CFB regular season should start in late August and end in early December. I hate how this year it doesn't start until September and ends in late November. CFB needs to span 5 months not just 3. I don't care if a couple more bye weeks are added.

Lunar15

It's why we're all so homophobic in here.

Question, can I avoid homohpobic bigotry if I just take the CFA sauce and dip my Zaxby's in it? Does it cancel itself out? I'll do it on a sunday, I promise.

I can live without CFA, but I'm not sure I can live without CFA sauce.

I'm like 5 min from CFA and I haven't had lunch. I haven't even had breakfast. This justifies getting a 12 count nugget meal with a 2 strip on the side, right?

Urban Meyer may be enshrined in a butter sculpture at the Ohio State Fair, but don’t go trying to sell your own replicas – life-size or otherwise.
Ohio State University has received trademark registration from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for the name "Urban Meyer."
The university, of course, has been licensing the name for clothing with Meyer’s permission after the football coach signed over those rights in May 2012, six months after being named to the job.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus...warded-trademark-for-urban-meyer.html?ana=twt

wut.

Jhriad

20 years ago, remember every national champion for the last 20 years has come from the SEC.

Sweet! Maybe now Nebraska can benefit from that SEC hype. That said, it is weird that we hold satellite camps even though we're in the SEC. They must have forgotten about us since it's been almost twenty years since we joined.

get a sandwich or dont even go

I might be doing this after work. Just gotta have them torch those pickles before they touch my sandwich. Fucking pickles making one side of the sandwich all soggy and shit. Blegh.

ag-my001

Or order extra pickles, so you get a fresh sandwich that doesn't sit on the pass. Alternatively, go at noon on a Saturday: no sandwich stays longer than fifteen seconds.

andycapps

They need to bring back the Banana Pudding Shake.

Fuck peaches. I hate peaches.

No, fuck you!

I feel that 80% of therapists could be put out of work if the healing powers of the CFA Cookies & Cream shake were more widely known.

It is known.

Fried in that peanut oil batter they use? That would be unique and yes I would be interested trying some dipped in Honey Roasted BBQ.

Honey Roasted BBQ is so good.

What do others see that I dont see in Auburn (besides SECSECSECESEC of course) they were a mediocre team last year and are starting a brand new QB

From what I've seen of the media prognosticators, they seem to be sold on Malzahn to be able to score points regardless of his QB. And they think that Coach Boom is the best defensive coach in CFB. Combine his coaching talent with the talent they have on the defensive side of the ball, and people see them winning the SEC.

I don't see it. I see an improvement, but not winning their division, much less the conference. To do that they have to beat Bama, LSU, and Georgia (potentially twice).

Yikes, that's pretty bad. That's more embarrassing than some players being suspended. Seems like it's from 2012, but still, embarrassing.

Oh, I order without pickles. Everytime.

I just shed a tear.

Ive moved on from CFA, this is all i need in my life now:

Crave_HotChicken_jm_02.jpg

Urbz on the conference call seemed to be leaning towards JT being the starter. With all the wr suspensions now I would say that would be better

Kacar

All the bad news in one day I see. Oh well I can't really hate on people for smoking weed.

The band news is ugly though.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
All the bad news in one day I see. Oh well I can't really hate on people for smoking weed.

The band news is ugly though.
Guess they didn't get the memo to put this shit on Friday afternoons, not Thursday afternoons.

If we could work a Western in there, it could be University of NSFW.

Fitting, since GoldenEye can't land a job.

Too soon?

Hang in there, buddy!
Fun fact, there was a pretty strong movement in the state higher ed system for a while to make a UF system. FTU (now UCF), would have become the University of Florida at Orlando, or UFO. Considering we were established mainly to support NASA, it would have made sense I guess. Until NASA got all of their funding cut. :(

And goddamn. Straight to the heart. Well at least I already have another interview lined up! Not bad for a history major from a D3 school!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Fun fact, there was a pretty strong movement in the state higher ed system for a while to make a UF system. FTU (now UCF), would have become the University of Florida at Orlando, or UFO. Considering we were established mainly to support NASA, it would have made sense I guess. Until NASA got all of their funding cut. :(

And goddamn. Straight to the heart. Well at least I already have another interview lined up! Not bad for a history major from a D3 school!
I know those feels.

Of course, I was only a history major because I knew I was going to law school, so I applaud you on your bold undergraduate degree choice.

I know those feels.

Of course, I was only a history major because I knew I was going to law school, so I applaud you on your bold undergraduate degree choice.
Yeah definitely not as much planning as you. I had no clue what I wanted to do and switched majors a few times. History worked out because I knew I'd end up in grad school anyway once I figured everything out.

Draxal

Hmm, I guess we have an open home game for 2016 (as our FCS game against Howard will be canceled).

No FCS games for Big Ten schools as of 2016.

andycapps

Yeah definitely not as much planning as you. I had no clue what I wanted to do and switched majors a few times. History worked out because I knew I'd end up in grad school anyway once I figured everything out.

Could be worse, my brother has a sociology degree. Not from UGA btw, small college. He also changed his major several times and couldn't figure out what he wanted to do so he chose sociology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom