• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, yes for Kansas, but Wazzu deserves way more respect than it got.

I don't know that I'd say WAY more.

"Visiting Washington State is next. The Cougars did go to a bowl game in 2013, but still haven't finished with a winning record in 12 years."

Draxal

I don't know that I'd say WAY more.

"Visiting Washington State is next. The Cougars did go to a bowl game in 2013, but still haven't finished with a winning record in 12 years."

They're a bad/mediocre team that plays in one of the strongest divisions in college football (sec west is higher but it's right behind it).

This list is saying that they're worse than Central Michigan, you know who lost to Kansas last year (and lost their HC as he voluntarily left to be Arkansas's OC).

Those OK State helmets fail to capture the pure terror of Pistol Pete.

C7cXckP.jpg

Stanford and Texas both play Notre dame, but Stanford plays northwestern and Texas plays Cal which put Stanford's OOC ahead of ours.

Last year Texas went 1-2 OOC, I'm hoping for 2-1 this year

Those OK State helmets fail to capture the pure terror of Pistol Pete.

C7cXckP.jpg

He needs to talk to his doctor about Paxil or lexapro

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...tgers-weakest-non-conference-schedules-080315

Weakest OOC schedule according to Fox Sports.

Rutgers is third on the list even though it has 2 power five teams on its schedule (damm u Wazzu and Kansas) which is supposedly an easier schedule than Okie State which has Central Mich, Central Arkansas, and UTSA.

Colorado and Wazzu both on the list? Not too surprising, those schools need to schedule patsies given how much they will get pooped on by their conference.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
When and why did you get that tag?

I've had it a couple of years. IIRC, somebody accidentally posted one of their first sexual experiences on the gaming side. I was one of the first replies, I wanted to say something sensational (and a bit ridiculous) so I said I just got blowed by my best friend's wife and you don't see me making a thread about it. A few posters asked for details so I replied that she came to resent her husband who traveled a lot for business, and she was sure was cheating on him. So one day when it was just her and I, she sucked me off. I said like she didn't really care about me, she was getting back at her husband, it was a grudge blowjob.

I think the mod who gave it and some of the posters knew it was bullshit, but a few posters got legit mad and started calling me a piece of shit and they wanted something bad to happen to me. I got the fuck out of there, the thread was locked soon after and I think I got this tag the next day.

Some people get really fucking mad at the idea of a woman initiating infidelity, as evidenced by the whole GamerGate thing, whether the affair is real or not.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...tgers-weakest-non-conference-schedules-080315

Weakest OOC schedule according to Fox Sports.

Rutgers is third on the list even though it has 2 power five teams on its schedule (damm u Wazzu and Kansas) which is supposedly an easier schedule than Okie State which has Central Mich, Central Arkansas, and UTSA.

Basically for this rating if one of your main say state rival is in your conference you rank high on this list. IE Miss St Playing Ole Miss or Burn playing Bama or NC St playing UNC and Dook is/are conference game(s).

If you are Clemson playing South Cack or GT playing UGA or Gata playing the Crimeoles you'll probably never have a chance to break the top 20 for this list.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

andycapps

Basically for this rating if one of your main say state rival is in your conference you rank high on this list. IE Miss St Playing Ole Miss or Burn playing Bama or NC St playing UNC and Dook is/are conference game(s).

If you are Clemson playing South Cack or GT playing UGA or Gata playing the Crimeoles you'll probably never have a chance to break the top 20 for this list.

Strength of Schedule generally works itself out as the season goes on.

BertramCooper said:
I wouldn't give Rutgers too much flack for their OOC schedule when their conference schedule is pretty brutal.

Though it's not SEC West-level brutal, obviously.

Well obviously, they're ranked high so obviously their SOS is high, and they're ranked high because of their SOS. Nothing wrong with that, right?

If only Sirpopopopopopopop was alive to point this out to us. :(

Yeah, where did that guy go?

Last I heard he was looking for a big city Bama laaawwwwwyyyaaahhh to help him with his legal troubles after he got caught pissing on the Bob Jones sign.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure Coach Leach would agree with this:

Even if the stupid Texas courts didn't.

Technically IIRC the courts didn't actually rule against him, they ruled that the lawsuit couldn't go forward in the first place as Tech had sovereign immunity.

Technically IIRC the courts didn't actually rule against him, they ruled that the lawsuit couldn't go forward in the first place as Tech had sovereign immunity.
Texas courts won't even allow cases to be heard against state agencies? Wow. Even in Florida, suits can be brought against state agencies, but monetary damages above $200k have to be approved by the legislature even if a court awards more.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Texas courts won't even allow cases to be heard against state agencies? Wow. Even in Florida, suits can be brought against state agencies, but monetary damages above $200k have to be approved by the legislature even if a court awards more.

You CAN sue state agencies, you just have to get the state legislature's approval to do it. Something like that. IANAL. Florida has some sovereign immunity laws as well, as do many other states, but they vary a bit state by state.

I think it's based on the general principle that pretty much literally everything the government does is going to tick somebody off so if they had to field every single potential lawsuit then nothing would ever get done.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm so hyped for Volunteer football this year, smokey is back boys and girls! And our uprising happens to coincide with me graduating/landing my first adult job (RN), so I actually have money to attend some games this year. I already know for sure that I will be going to the UGA/TN game with some bulldog buddies, their bitterness at Neyland stadium will be oh so sweet after the game!

Anyways, I mainly just wanted to say that I'm looking forwarding to conversing with you all this year. College football GAF is one of my favorite GAF communities, because winning or lossing... We are all still Gata haters. And that is all that really matters.

Draxal

I'm going to rate the divisions this year.

SEC WEST
SEC WEST
SEC WEST
PAC 12 SOUTH (disregard my earlier comment about the PAC 12 North being the better division, I don't know what I was thinking at the time)
SEC WEST.
SEC WEST.

KingGondo

Banned
I'm so hyped for Volunteer football this year, smokey is back boys and girls! And our uprising happens to coincide with me graduating/landing my first adult job (RN), so I actually have money to attend some games this year. I already know for sure that I will be going to the UGA/TN game with some bulldog buddies, their bitterness at Neyland stadium will be oh so sweet after the game!

Anyways, I mainly just wanted to say that I'm looking forwarding to conversing with you all this year. College football GAF is one of my favorite GAF communities, because winning or lossing... We are all still Gata haters. And that is all that really matters.
Just beat OU. That's all I ask.

Jhriad

I'm going to rate the divisions this year.

SEC WEST
SEC WEST
SEC WEST
PAC 12 SOUTH (disregard my earlier comment about the PAC 12 North being the better division, I don't know what I was thinking at the time)
SEC WEST.
SEC WEST.

No love for the Big Ten East? It's got Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Grumpy Face McGee, some guy who coached a bunch of degenerates and then ran away from the SEC, uh.. also there might be a cast member from Jersey Shore in there somewhere. It's just loaded.

Draxal

No love for the Big Ten East? It's got Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, Grumpy Face McGee, some guy who coached a bunch of degenerates and then ran away from the SEC, uh.. also there might be a cast member from Jersey Shore in there somewhere. It's just loaded.

I wanted to homer it up trust me, but while Sparty and tOSU match up with any other division's top 2 teams, Pac South's second tier teams are better than PSU right now, and Michigan has to prove its Michigan again.

And ... I forgot Colorado was in the south and not the north so um I guess the BTE's weakest team is better than the South's weakest team. And isn't Jim Harbaugh and Grumpy Face McGee the same person?

So the AAC has divisions now and somehow Navy is in the "West" division, even though Annapolis is literally on a Bay that leads to the Atlantic ocean. conference realignment has really messed with geography. I hope elementary teachers out there aren't using conference divisions to teach cardinal directions. Those kids would be left totally confused.

Draxal

So the AAC has divisions now and somehow Navy is in the "West" division, even though Annapolis is literally on a Bay that leads to the Atlantic ocean. conference realignment has really messed with geography. I hope elementary teachers out there aren't using conference divisions to teach cardinal directions. Those kids would be left totally confused.

Navy wanted into the West.

I mean college conferences names as just stupid right now with the Big Ten and Twelve not having the correct amount of teams.

They wanted the west. Makes sense actually given they generally travel the country anyway. And it prevented some issues with team matchups that might have otherwise occurred had they have been placed in the east division.

Jhriad

San Diego State just won the helmet wars, folks

It's.... beautiful

I hope those aren't just an alternate. Those are sick as hell.

Which one is Leaders and which one is Liars again?

Well, Ohio State is in the East so that would make it the Leaders division but then Penn State is in the East as well so it should be the Liars as well... Maybe they're both the East and the West just has a blank space where it's name should be. It'd be appropriate given the media coverage of the respective divisions.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You're both right and wrong. They ruled he couldn't proceed against Tech on sovereign immunity grounds (any contract you have with the state of Texas isn't worth the paper it's printed on!), then they separately upheld the trial judge's decision that the lawsuit could not go forward against Spaeth, ESPN, and Craig James because there wasn't sufficient evidence to support a showing of "actual malice" on the part of the defendants.
I hope this gets to trial, if only because I want the possibility of Craig James killing 5 hookers (allegedly) being on official court documents.

I mean, if it's on court documents, there has got to be something there, right? That isn't just rumors on the Internet anymore.

I am sure mre will back me up on this.
It could have already been introduced in the Leach case thanks to Coach Leach unwittingly signing a copy of his book with "CJK5H" at the request of the book owner. If I recall correctly, it was also asked about in Leach's AMA he did on Reddit, though my memory is hazy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom