• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - tOSU
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 - OSU (Rudolph 4 Heisman brehs. Feel the hype)

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - USC

-SEC
East - Mizzou
West - Bama

Playoff Semi
1 Bama
2 tOSU
3 OSU
4 USC

Finals
1 OSU
2 USC

Champion
OSU

I'm gonna look like a genius at the end of the season!

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - tOSU
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 - OSU (Rudolph 4 Heisman brehs. Feel the hype)

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - USC

-SEC
East - Mizzou
West - Bama

Playoff Semi
1 Bama
2 tOSU
3 OSU
4 USC

Finals
1 OSU
2 USC

Champion
OSU

I'm gonna look like a genius at the end of the season!
There's homerism and then there's this.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
-ACC
Coastal - GT
Atlantic - FSU

-B1G
East - Ohio St
West - Wisconsin

-Big 12 - TCU

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - Arizona St

-SEC
East - UGA
West - Alabama

-AAC
East - UCF
West - Houston

Playoff Semi
1 - Ohio St
2 - Alabama
3 - Oregon
4 - FSU
Finals
1 - Ohio St
2 - Oregon
Champion
Ohio St

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I have nothing to lose.

Plus I can claim I was correct if Ohio State wins the title.
Better remove the "t" from "tOSU" just to be safe. Then you can hedge your bets even further by only listing one "OSU" in the playoffs and claiming whichever one wins to be the one you put in there.

Jhriad

You guys know Micihgan State is in the east division of the B1G now, right?

They're my non-homer Big Ten team so I'm cheering for them to win the East but between Ohio State and Sparty, Sparty has the tougher schedule. Their conference road games are Rutgers, Nebraska, Michigan, and Ohio State. Meanwhile, Ohio State has Indiana, Illinois, Rutgers, and Michigan. It'll probably come down to the game between the two but with the loss of Narduzzi and it being a home game I feel relatively okay picking Ohio State in that one.

KingGondo

Banned
Better remove the "t" from "tOSU" just to be safe. Then you can hedge your bets even further by only listing one "OSU" in the playoffs and claiming whichever one wins to be the one you put in there.
I'll stand by my prediction. Odds are that all of us will look ridiculous by the end of the season anyways, right?

Also, true story: when I was at OSU, a student government senator put forth a bill to add "The" to our name.

The bill was rejected. Harshly.

andycapps

I'll stand by my prediction. Odds are that all of us will look ridiculous by the end of the season anyways, right?

Also, true story: when I was at OSU, a student government senator put forth a bill to add "The" to our name.

The bill was rejected. Harshly.

We're all going to look stupid when it's UCLA, Georgia Tech, Duke, and Rutgers in the top 4.

I think I probably just gave Rudolph and Draxal a heart attack. Oh, and Sirpopopopopopop.

Draxal

I really wish the ACC went North/South instead of the nonsense they have now (I know Miami wants to be with the Northern teams due to alumni ... and ease of schedule), but since the B1G got rid of Leaders and Legends.

We're all going to look stupid when it's UCLA, Georgia Tech, Duke, and Rutgers in the top 4.

I think I probably just gave Rudolph and Draxal a heart attack. Oh, and Sirpopopopopopop.

If we beat all of Michigan St, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, and either Nebraska/Wisconsin/Minnesota we deserve to be in imho.

Mind you we're most likely to be 0-6 in those games (we won against Michigan last year but that was at home and Hoke's a bad coach).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I have a feeling I'll be the only person to pick Arizona State. That could be my ticket to victory if I get tied with someone by going obvious elsewhere.

Draxal

I have a feeling I'll be the only person to pick Arizona State. That could be my ticket to victory if I get tied with someone by going obvious elsewhere.

Same with me and Uconn, I went rather safe this year, after my Duke gambit failed to pan out last year.

andycapps

yellowjacket25 is waiting patiently for the punchline.

I'm on good behavior today. There is no punchline.

The Athens Banner-Herald put up a great article on former UGA kicker, Billy Bennett, last week. Deserves clicks. Bennett is the best kicker I've seen at UGA in my lifetime. The kid was automatic and won a ton of games for Richt early in his head coaching career at UGA. Some excerpts. I kind of gave up pulling excerpts about halfway through, it's an interesting article.

An itch began in Billy Bennett’s beard soon after he laid down for the night.

“I had these waves of thousands of bugs all over my skin,” he said.

There never were any bugs. No mites, either.

Bennett, the former kicker for the Georgia Bulldogs football team who still holds conference and national records, didn’t have a bug problem.

After months of making excuses to avoid the real cause of his haywire histamine receptors, he called his dad Don and said it out loud.

“I’ve got something I can’t handle,” he said.

The camera kept panning to Billy as it became apparent a field goal was going to decide the game.

He kept smiling.

Fourth down came and Bennett, still loose after a Crimson Tide timeout, galloped toward his spot 32 yards away from the goal post, taking one last practice stroke.

Larry Munson always told these moments best. “We’re gonna try to win it right here,” the longtime Bulldogs radio broadcaster said over the airwaves. “We kick it up and it’s looking all right. Yeah I think yes, Billy Bennett stuck it up in there with 38 seconds… We took the lead back 27-25…”

The ball hadn’t crossed the uprights before Billy pointed both fingers toward his teammates. He gave a fist pump and a mob of big, offensive linemen swallowed him up in celebration.

It was the first time Georgia beat ‘Bama in Bryant-Denny Stadium. The Bulldogs were on their way to their first SEC Championship in 20 years.

As Billy honed his skills as a producer and sound technician his drinking and partying increased, too.

At 23, Billy smoked pot for the first time.

“I knew if I didn’t have to drink six beers to catch a buzz, that would be great,” he said. “I could just smoke a bowl and get high.”

Bennett helped a band called The Whigs produce their first album in a converted downtown fraternity house. The music caught on and Rolling Stone cited the Athens-based garage rockers as the period’s “best unsigned” band in the country.

The Whigs hit the road to promote their stuff and Billy was along for the ride as tour manager.

“I was really just hanging out,” he said.

His prospects in entertainment expanded when, on the encouragement of his sister and friends, Billy showed up for one last football tryout.

He beat out over 1,000 former players at the casting for “We Are Marshall”, a movie starring Matthew McConaughey, and landed the part as the team’s kicker.

He still gets checks in the mail every six months for about $100.

This is the right pick for the PAC-12. I don't really get into picks but while they have the tougher side of the PAC-12 on their schedule, only one of the really worrisome games is on the road ( Utah @ Rice-Eccles, which is NOT a fun place to be if you are a visiting team BTW) and get some of the scarier "are they going to be good this year???" teams like UCLA and USC early rather than late, which benefits a team with as few questions coming into the season as ASU has.

Also Oregon State is going to make some aspiring team very, very unhappy. Gary Anderson is a wizard and now he's a full head coach again and not half coach with Barry Alvarez's hand up his ass.

edit: Dantonio's going to be delivering Papa John's again this year vs. tOSU, and it's going to be awesome.

I think Arizona State is a better pick than UCLA, I'm honestly surprised by how many people are picking the Bruins. I think ASU might be the safest pick, followed by USC/Zona and the Bruins in a distant fourth.

Maybe its just because I tend to favor schools who return their starting QB and I don't trust this guy:

NEU159527.jpg

UF's Adam Lane (RB who pooped himself last bowl game) is transferring due to "family issues".

I wonder if he will head to UCF.

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/8/9/9123103/adam-lane-transfer-florida-gators
I wonder. RB depth is ok here, but always good to have more competition. Wouldn't be shocked to see him at USF, though.

Oh, and UCF's sponsor for the new stadium club section.

Carl Black and Gold Cabana brought to you by the University of Texas
dzlXHih.png

You can barely see it there, but we have a little longhorn logo in there too.

cdyhybrid

I'm too lazy to look up who's in what divisions in the B1G and ACC, so I'm probably going to skip doing picks.

I just hope UW makes a bowl game.

I'll go full homer.

-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - Ohio State
West - Nebraska

-Big 12 - Baylor

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - UCLA

-SEC
East - Georgia
West - LSU

-AAC
East - East Carolina
West - Houston

Playoff Semi
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Clemson
4 Oregon
Finals
1 Georgia
2 Clemson
Champion - Clemson

andycapps

I'll go full homer.

-ACC
Coastal - Georgia Tech
Atlantic - Clemson

-B1G
East - Ohio State
West - Nebraska

-Big 12 - Baylor

-PAC 12
North - Oregon
South - UCLA

-SEC
East - Georgia
West - LSU

-AAC
East - East Carolina
West - Houston

Playoff Semi
1 Georgia
2 Ohio State
3 Clemson
4 Oregon
Finals
1 Georgia
2 Clemson
Champion - Clemson

Maybe this is the year that they can redeem the Clempsoning term.

I'm too lazy to look up who's in what divisions in the B1G and ACC, so I'm probably going to skip doing picks.

I just hope UW makes a bowl game.

ACC Atlantic - Florida State, Clemson, +5 other teams that won't win the division
ACC Coastal - Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Duke, Miami, +3 other teams that won't win the division

I'll give it a go, what the hell:

SEC East: Georgia
SEC West: LSU

ACC Coastal: Virginia Tech
ACC Atlantic: Clemson

Big 12 - TCU

Pac-12 North: Oregon
Pac-12 South: Arizona State

B1G:

East: Michigan State
West: Wisconsin

Playoff Semi-
1 Michigan State
2 TCU
3 Georgia
4 Boise St.

Finals:
Michigan State
Georgia

Boise St. runs the table in the regular season, with their closest game being the in-conference showdown @ Utah St. They bump out a two loss ASU and two loss VT from the playoffs.The salt is real.

I wonder. RB depth is ok here, but always good to have more competition. Wouldn't be shocked to see him at USF, though.

I don't even know if it's "OK" yet. We have Taylor - who still needs to prove himself - and Scarlett, who will have never played a down in college.

Maybe that'll mean more time for guys like Mark Herndon who I think is underrated.

Either way, our offense is in trouble. I'm rooting for Grier and the WRs but it's unrealistic to expect them to be great given they're playing with each other for the first time.

Lunar15

I don't even know if it's "OK" yet. We have Taylor - who still needs to prove himself - and Scarlett, who will have never played a down in college.

Maybe that'll mean more time for guys like Mark Herndon who I think is underrated.

Either way, our offense is in trouble. I'm rooting for Grier and the WRs but it's unrealistic to expect them to be great given they're playing with each other for the first time.

This year is a dice roll. The offense doesn't really have the line to protect any semblance of talent that would be there. Defense looks like it could be good, but look where that got us.

I dunno, I'm excited to see glimpses of promise this year, but probably nothing more than that. Maybe an unexpected victory or two. McElwain has done really well in recruiting for future classes, so I think it's pretty well expected that this year's a toss up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom