• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB 2015 Off-season thread: 12 Gauge backfires on Super Mariota, Mario FPS unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
CMCxjXcWwAAk2f9.png

Part 1 one WW stadium renovation is almost complete, and just in time. 2nd part won't begin until after the last home game on Nov 14th.

I don't even know if it's "OK" yet. We have Taylor - who still needs to prove himself - and Scarlett, who will have never played a down in college.

Maybe that'll mean more time for guys like Mark Herndon who I think is underrated.

Either way, our offense is in trouble. I'm rooting for Grier and the WRs but it's unrealistic to expect them to be great given they're playing with each other for the first time.

I have no clue who any of those players are. I was referring to UCF.

Yeah, I took that test a while back. It pretty much nails it - Jackson, MS and Baton Rouge splitting the difference (grew up on the MIssissippi River in MS, so makes sense) with some influence of Tallahassee (where I lived for years and years). Zero NC or western influences though-I think after a certain point your dialect features "fix in".

I broke it.

Sorry, an error has occurred. Keep this link to save your answers and view your map later.

Edit: After waiting a few minutes and refreshing, it gave me Winston-Salem, NC (close enough) third, which followed Yonkers (2) and New York City (1).
New York City?
Get a rope.

And that also confirms that I've done this before, as these results (or similar enough) were received earlier.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
After my error, I got Greensboro, Winston-Salem, and New York City. North Carolina is by far the state with the greatest match.

I've never been to any of those places though.

Draxal

andycapps

Hey, Vanillite also pronounces them differently.

But yeah, look at those pronunciations! They are different!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cot

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caught

Resisting the urge to say something about him being a Georgia Tech fan. I'm kidding. Mostly.

I got Columbus, GA
Tallahassee, FL
Montgomery, AL

Yikes. The ironic thing is I have no southern accent at all. Columbus, GA accent is usually pretty strong. Have a friend from there who is unfortunately an Auburn fan.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Fort Worth, TX
Irving, TX
San Antonio, TX

I don't really have the stereotypical Texas accent at all but I certainly use the colloquialisms.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
To be fair I'm not surprised. I grew up in the deep South my whole life... But my mom, dad, and bro were all born in the mid west. They moved to GA like two months before I was born.

andycapps

To be fair I'm not surprised. I grew up in the deep South my whole life... But my mom, dad, and bro were all born in the mid west. They moved to GA like two months before I was born.

My dad is from Illinois and mom is from the south. Combining that with being from a college town and I guess that's why I don't have an accent?

I pronounce cot and caught slightly differently as well.

A survey of US dialects undertaken between 2002 and 2004 found the word bubbler commonly used in southern and eastern Wisconsin

not content with having an OOC schedule as laughable as baylor's, Wisconson continues to terrorize the english language with 'bubbler'.

One of the more comical things about working in the Triangle NC area is that there's a few place that actually use the term 'grinder' in their marketing, which is a huge tell about where the people who work here mostly come from. No one south of the 'college football give a shit line' calls a sub a grinder.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My dad is from Illinois and mom is from the south. Combining that with being from a college town and I guess that's why I don't have an accent?

I pronounce cot and caught slightly differently as well.

I say Cot as in Bot or Lot

I caught as in aught or I guess bought (?)

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Been sitting in the Etowah County, AL's sheriff's department for almost four hours waiting to talk to one deputy. My phone battery is dying. My butt hurts. Please send help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom