• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

edit2: oh, I know. Whenever I start a colo match I get stuck in the loading screen, so I reset my data/wifi connection and that allows me to continue to the match. However, once I finish said match, no matter wether I win or lose my rank doesn't change. Is there any other way around it? Due to this shitty bug I got knocked to rank ~10k and can't climb back up.

Congratulations for second Musica :p.

As for the problem. I literally made ticket 10 minutes ago to Gumi:
Code:
Oct 21, 15:39

Hi. Problems started saturday (around 1h before colosseum reset). Iam using Android version 5.1.1, phone is Sony Xperia Z2. In these pictures problem still exist, these are taken wednesday. around 50 mins before Colosseum reset. Basically refreshing opponents or choosing opponent freezes CC. Only way to reset freezing is changing to Wlan or from wlan to mobile connection. This freezing only occures in Mystery Island (Colosseum & Gauntlet), nowhere else in the game.
Pics:
1. Colobug1: 
- Idid push challenge opponent "Tgsky" 
- Connecting logo appeared but its not flashing / moving / doing anything.
2. Colobug2
- I waited many minutes, nothing happened. Switched from Wlan to HSDPA mobile network and Connecting logo vanished. See the time difference.
3. Colobug3
- Started battle and game froze to "Loading" screen, its not flashing nor doing anything. Now I have to be quick or my Colosseum battle wont count (even if I win, due to time limit in battle). 
- Quickly switching from HSDPA network to wlan and getting next screen pic
Colobug4
- Tips screen and its loading normally after network change (HSDPA -> Wlan)
Colobug5
- Total time it took me for one battle from start to finish
- I was fast and it still took over 5 minutes

Please fix this problem. Colosseum is unplayable cause fights take so long. I know that on iOS there is no this problem at all. I have lost many battles due to beign not able to take part to them. I would like to have compensation in HT & Prysma.

Thank you.
Rixgaf

ps. Dont send me an answer and suggestion to try restarting application. It wont help at all.

Those 5 Colobug pics:
Screenshot_2015-10-21-10-01-35.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-10-05-05.png

Screenshot_2015-10-21-10-05-25.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-10-06-21.png
Screenshot_2015-10-21-10-06-50.png

@Gizuko
In order you to actually win the battle within timelimit you need to 2x speed it through and still it may be too slow.

Gizuko

Congratulations for second Musica :p.

As for the problem. I literally made ticket 10 minutes ago to Gumi:
Code:
Awesome ticket with an even better ps

Those 5 Colobug pics:

@Gizuko
In order you to actually win the battle within timelimit you need to 2x speed it through and still it may be too slow.

I haven't tried using x2 since my team is actually pretty bad and can't do much if I don't get the first spin in :<

I have noticed if I wait long enough it will eventually load and register the win, but that might be thanks to a fast connection, so no dice unless you are using wifi :(. Since restarting my connection actually takes less time I had completely forgotten about the time limit. I'll give x2 with restart a spin tomorrow, let's see if Gumi properly addresses this!

Rixa

I haven't tried using x2 since my team is actually pretty bad and can't do much if I don't get the first spin in :<

I have noticed if I wait long enough it will eventually load and register the win, but that might be thanks to a fast connection, so no dice unless you are using wifi :(. Since restarting my connection actually takes less time I had completely forgotten about the time limit. I'll give x2 with restart a spin tomorrow, let's see if Gumi properly addresses this!

^^ Yeah. I know 2x speed wont work if you need to move your units. My luck is that only Liam skill is needed, but with 2x speed it usually takes 3 skills to kill everything. With doing normal speed and managing units I can usually do it with 2 skills. But this shit is bad, dunno if it gets any better before next version of GCC comes and it may take weeks.

Gizuko

^^ Yeah. I know 2x speed wont work if you need to move your units. My luck is that only Liam skill is needed, but with 2x speed it usually takes 3 skills to kill everything. With doing normal speed and managing units I can usually do it with 2 skills. But this shit is bad, dunno if it gets any better before next version of GCC comes and it may take weeks.

Sigh, I ended up wasting 2 battles today, I'm really regretting not abusing the Liam and CO in the challenge gacha bug now.
I'm going to write a ticket too, this is unbearable, let's hope they do something about it soon.

Rixa

I tried to be polite. Sometimes its so hard.

Gumi answers to Rixa said:
Hi Captain,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we received some reports from players that they were encountering stuck at connecting / loading message in different areas of the game such as the Colosseum, Gauntlet, Recruitment, Taverns, etc. This issue was already forwarded to our team for investigation, but in-order to help us identify the cause of this error, we would like your cooperation to provide us the following information below:

a. Player ID
b. Device
c. Operating System Version
d. Game Version
e. Screenshot of the scene where you got stuck

We hope you understand and we will be waiting for your reply. Thank you.

Chain Chronicle Team!
[25]

Rixa writes to Gumi said:
Hi. Here is my reply :)
a) See my first email
b) See my first email
c) See my first email
d) 2.0.0.
f) See my first email
^^ For the answer d, to my knowledge 2.0.0. is the only Game version that works in Android. y.Rixa

Lockon

I tried to be polite. Sometimes its so hard.

I'm having this same problem too, but I figured out a way around it. I don't know if it'll work with others though.

I just turn off my wifi, and turn it back on. Gumi should really be looking into this.

Slightly off-topic but are any of you folks interested in a general OT for mobage news and discussion (for the lesser popular games)?
Plenty of games come out but not a lot of them stick here on GAF, if there's a general thread all the small games will at least get a spotlight.

I ran this idea by some other people and most of them seemed to like it, if I'm going to make it, do you guys have any suggestions on what I could write in the OT? A guide on how to install QooApp for example.

I also need a witty OT title for MobageGAF lol.

Quixzlizx

Slightly off-topic but are any of you folks interested in a general OT for mobage news and discussion (for the lesser popular games)?
Plenty of games come out but not a lot of them stick here on GAF, if there's a general thread all the small games will at least get a spotlight.

I ran this idea by some other people and most of them seemed to like it, if I'm going to make it, do you guys have any suggestions on what I could write in the OT? A guide on how to install QooApp for example.

Gacha your wallet

I'm up for it, looking forward to talking about all the games no one else is playing X)

Maybe call it something other than Mobage though? Mostly cause it reminds me of the platform and not just all Japanese Mobile Games out there. :p

Have a spotlight on upcoming/current/popular games in the OT too?

I'm up for it, looking forward to talking about all the games no one else is playing X)

Maybe call it something other than Mobage though? Mostly cause it reminds me of the platform and not just all Japanese Mobile Games out there. :p

Have a spotlight on upcoming/current/popular games in the OT too?

Mobage to me always seemed like the word that most people would associate with these kind of games, calling it JP Mobile Gacha games or something also wouldn't completely cover it, I'm up for suggestions though.

Mobage is also kinda catchy

----

That spotlight is a pretty good idea, with links for OT's of games that already exist and stuff.

====

The basic idea is that when a new game get's super popular they could still make a specific OT, kinda "graduating" from the general OT in a way.

garath

Its also a good way to spread the word about new fun games too. I've found all of my games through OT threads for other games I play. We have a little community here that cross plays a lot of them and it'd be nice to have a central place.

I'd also call the genre a mobile gatcha RPG or something.

It could just be Japan Mobile Games|OT| or something like that

specifying what kind of games, gatcha, RPG, etc, would probably make other people limited in what they can talk about

another suggestion for the OT is to have links to existing OTs like this one, Fate/Grand Keys, Monster Strike, etc, etc

Sorry to bother you guys again but would this be a good start to that thread. I want to do this right on the first try lol.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games |OT| Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go

Hey! Welcome to this OT which covers Japanese (also Korean) mobile gacha games. While the industry pumps out a lot of these games only a few get a steady foothold here on GAF so I and a few others thought that a general thread covering the whole genre would be a neat idea.

FAQ/General Guidelines

What exactly is a &#8220;gacha mobile game&#8221;?
We&#8217;re mostly going to be talking about games like Puzzles and Dragons, Monster Strike or Terra Battle. F2P mobile games that feature rolling for characters and an stamina system. Most of the time they&#8217;re created in Asia.

About what can I talk?
You can talk about almost everything, your impressions on new and upcoming games, tips, tricks, fanart or even your opinions on the &#8220;genre&#8221; itself, everything goes!

About which games can I post?
General discussion about every one of these games is encouraged, do note that the more popular games already have an OT for themselves so try to focus the conversation on the smaller games that don&#8217;t have an OT (yet).

How do I obtain these games?
Most of them are just available through the app store of your device, region-locked games are a thing though. There are still ways to obtain them though, QooApp for example.

Anything else?
I figured that it would be nice to put the name of the game you're talking about in the "title" section when you're writing a post, that way everyone knows about which game you're talking and it makes searching for specific games a bit easier.

Already existing OT&#8217;s

Current &#8220;hot&#8221; games [Work in Progress]
Game of Dice
White Cat Project
Rune Story
Granblue Fantasy
Battle Girl High School

Upcoming Games
Phantom of the Kill

Any suggestions or improvements are appreciated. Everything is subject to change
especially my bad title
. Does anyone have a neat picture about these games? I can't really find anything good.

Also, do I just post this in Gaming Community, I've never made a thread before lol.

chrono01

General Japanese Gacha Games |OT| Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go
General Japanese Gacha Games |OT| Way, way, PON-PON-PON
General Japanese Gacha Games |OT| Re-rolling is our way of life

Azusa

Also, do I just post this in Gaming Community, I've never made a thread before lol.

Maybe you should PM admins about this. I really don't know.

You forgot to add Seven Knights to Already existing OT&#8217;s.
Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1094220
(@ ´ &#8323; `)b Dragon Poker thread of ROYAL STRAIGHT FLUSH (iOS/Android, JP) d( ´ &#949; `@) http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=805374

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/241736-event-submission-heroes-unlocked/page22
as always I didn't win.

Maybe you should PM admins about this. I really don't know.

You forgot to add Seven Knights and Dragon Poker to Already existing OT’s.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/241736-event-submission-heroes-unlocked/page22
as always I didn't win.

Ah I'll try PM'ing them, isn't the Dragon Ace OT kinda dead though? I guess that's where the general OT comes in handy, since people who play that game can hype it up a bit so other will join it.

I also didn't win :(

Kreed

Ah I'll try PM'ing them, isn't the Dragon Ace OT kinda dead though? I guess that's where the general OT comes in handy, since people who play that game can hype it up a bit so other will join it.

I also didn't win :(

Unfortunately Dragon Ace never got an official English release. There's an SEA version with an English language option but you can't get it from the US stores so most US players aren't playing it, which is a shame since it's the best/most fun of these F2P games IMO.

mrtoffee

MobileGAFing?

mrtoffee

Sorry to bother you guys again but would this be a good start to that thread. I want to do this right on the first try lol.

Any suggestions or improvements are appreciated. Everything is subject to change
especially my bad title
. Does anyone have a neat picture about these games? I can't really find anything good.

Is there a thread for Rune Story/White Cat Project? The English version's out now

No, no, don't make that thread! You all have already completely destroyed my free time by introducing me to these games. I have dreams about rolling units now. I wake up and the first thing I do is deplete my stamina/shoes/ap/etc. I can't fall asleep until everything is depleted. I sold my car, dog, and house for gacha money. I make my wife play my alternate accounts. I can't take any more madness!

Ok, only some of that is true. :)

I think it'd be a cool/useful thread. I'd love to have a place to talk about some of the less popular games and learn about new ones to try out.

Gizuko

Having a hard time with the lvl72 quest in jpCC. Does anyone have a Minoa I can borrow? 3soldiers+Lilith+Kirika get most of it done, but as soon as Kirika stops dancing the team goes down/someone gets to the "barracks" (last wave is hell with all those dashes).

edit: I had missed all(? --Iron smoke and loliland do) taverns give a free SP ticket once you pull 10 times! So jpCC has a 10+1 system with stopper mechanics now, huh.

Having a hard time with the lvl72 quest in jpCC. Does anyone have a Minoa I can borrow? 3soldiers+Lilith+Kirika get most of it done, but as soon as Kirika stops dancing the team goes down/someone gets to the "barracks" (last wave is hell with all those dashes).

edit: I had missed all(? --Iron smoke and loliland do) taverns give a free SP ticket once you pull 10 times! So jpCC has a 10+1 system with stopper mechanics now, huh.

/has never been able to pull Minoa or Lilith
god the Holy City Tavern hates me

the SP ticket is only for a week after the tavern pick ups change
not bad though since you basically get 20 rings!

on cff, looks like a japanese player beat it with a maze pass team lol

Video

looks crazy hard though
13 waves, level 90, all the op knights/clerics from holy city lol

Arghh, that's the identical team that I used, hard to think of any other team that can top that. But I get destroyed on Wave 5/6 every time.

I have Minoa, only lvl 60 though, but if you need, you can add me.
otherwise, I usually run Nimpha/Olga

Gizuko

/has never been able to pull Minoa or Lilith
god the Holy City Tavern hates me

the SP ticket is only for a week after the tavern pick ups change
not bad though since you basically get 20 rings!

Go for Toa! lol
That would explain why the countdown disappeared in IS tavern before, thanks for letting me know.

Arghh, that's the identical team that I used, hard to think of any other team that can top that. But I get destroyed on Wave 5/6 every time.

I have Minoa, only lvl 60 though, but if you need, you can add me.
otherwise, I usually run Nimpha/Olga

I'd be grateful. I only need her for this quest since mono-minoa is generally enough, so if you can put her up for a bit that'd be enough.

(My Minoa is actually 65, so that's fine too, I'm fielding mage-heavy this time)

My ID is: 171916548

garath

Whens the last day for tickets again? I've been good. Logged in every single day. Should probably start cashig out soon

Rixa

Raid incoming prolly in 1½ weeks time since event date is 26.10-8.11.15. Also 1x5* and 1x4* units free (prepare to fruit up) from quests.

Raid incoming prolly in 1½ weeks time since event date is 26.10-8.11.15. Also 1x5* and 1x4* units free (prepare to fruit up) from quests.

Why would you need to fruit up? They're both rewards from obtaining all the chests, it's not like Mei.

Neat that they're giving at least one copy of those arcanas for free, that way I won't have to roll in the festival.

Rixa

Why would you need to fruit up? They're both rewards from obtaining all the chests, it's not like Mei.

Neat that they're giving at least one copy of those arcanas for free, that way I won't have to roll in the festival.

Are you sure that those chests have a good drop rate? :)

Are you sure that those chests have a good drop rate? :)

Actually, for the Carmille one you just have to "complete all the battles for the first time" of that Crimson Manor quest.

But hey, if I could do that Zaren quest which was like a million waves and required you to get chests these two should be fine
I hope

Maybe they'll make it even easier for all these new players that came from that BF collab.

Gizuko

Just pulled 2 Aois in a row, I'm destined to have different teams in jpCC and gCC aren't I?

I'm actually quite thrilled about Carmille being "free" (I expect a high level quest, though, I hope Gumi proves me wrong), since she seems a better Karen, whose per-wave heal I always disliked - her total hp being so low makes the heal rather meaningless.

---------------

Also, just managed the lvl72 quest in jpCC. Long live Cheery the soldier-slayer!

Spent my saved up Premium Tickets (16 in total) and 4 more pulls and got not a single UR. I haven't pulled a UR since I started the game (karen, without rerolling for some reason).

Only notable pulls:
3x Lilo
1x Orianna
1x Lucana
1x Roxanna (only on the 19th pull lol)

Rest were 3*.

What is the pickup system?

the pick-up system is where they select 3 SSR/URs and 3 SRs per tavern and whenever you pull a UR/SR, you have a higher chance to pull them than any other UR/SR

it doesn't mean rates for UR/SR go up, just you are more likely to get a specific UR/SR

for example, if in Holy Capital Tavern, if Wayne, Lephret and Symphonia are on pick-up, whenever you pull a UR, it is more likely it will be one of the three
but it doesn't mean, you won't get someone like Lilith instead

course doesn't automatically mean you won't pull others, just less likely (or more, considering in JPCC I managed to LB3 Sole who isn't on pick up while trying to get Lilith >_>)

Quixzlizx

Damn it, I'm going to be on a business trip the week of 11/2. I guess this raid will be a wash-out for me unless I'm willing to buy a bunch of vigor fruit, lol.

the pick-up system is where they select 3 SSR/URs and 3 SRs per tavern and whenever you pull a UR/SR, you have a higher chance to pull them than any other UR/SR

it doesn't mean rates for UR/SR go up, just you are more likely to get a specific UR/SR

for example, if in Holy Capital Tavern, if Wayne, Lephret and Symphonia are on pick-up, whenever you pull a UR, it is more likely it will be one of the three
but it doesn't mean, you won't get someone like Lilith instead

course doesn't automatically mean you won't pull others, just less likely (or more, considering in JPCC I managed to LB3 Sole who isn't on pick up while trying to get Lilith >_>)

So it just means, the rate of getting those characters within the UR pool are higher, but still the same within the greater arcana pool?

Do the units change at all or is it just the three tavern units forever?

So it just means, the rate of getting those characters within the UR pool are higher, but still the same within the greater arcana pool?

Do the units change at all or is it just the three tavern units forever?

yep, the rates for getting any UR doesn't change, but you have a higher rate of getting a specific UR if you do pull a UR

I think global had something similar in one of the previous festivals of if you were going to pull a UR, it will most likely be a specific UR

and yes, pick up units change every month and a half or so in jpcc at least

BJK

When you convince yourself to make one more pull trying for Musica...
...then Pirika pops in...

...and you get Sasha for the 2nd time this week.
(She's not even on the featured list!)

Oh well, managed to get Lilith & Oguma, so one additional CS and I'll be at LB3 Phoena.

elty

Just did a 10 pull in lake of sand. Got sasha, Roxanne, lyla, 2 Hassan, Nayel. Is Sasha and Lyla any good? I want Musica and Carlin though.

Top Bottom