• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

Yeah, its a 1 time deal. Imagine someone running Expert for 14 days, he'd have 140 rings for just Expert.

I can't even complete Expert so I have no business even doing that timed quest. No chance at clearing that, at all.

garath

Yeah, its a 1 time deal. Imagine someone running Expert for 14 days, he'd have 140 rings for just Expert.

I can't even complete Expert so I have no business even doing that timed quest. No chance at clearing that, at all.

Why not? If someone can clear it then 140 rings sounds great. It's not like we're swimming in rings to begin with. A one time deal with a 14 day window is sad.

And the 4 hour window thing for the targeted knights for a global game is ridiculous. At least make it a 24 hour window. Ugh.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In Gumi's defense, it was 4 hours in the asian version as well, I read.

Every time I get one of those "one and only chance" type deals on IAP, I always want to buy it because it's such a better deal than the normal IAP prices. Then I remember that I don't really have to buy anything.

garath

Whew. These story missions are definitely getting tougher in the nine territories. Great rewards though. I might actually see my Lindsey get to 50 before long.

Yaari

Whew. These story missions are definitely getting tougher in the nine territories. Great rewards though. I might actually see my Lindsey get to 50 before long.

Perhaps I should run them instead of the current event for exp then. I don't see Forge Enhancers at all.

garath

Perhaps I should run them instead of the current event for exp then. I don't see Forge Enhancers at all.

The great rewards are strictly xp and gold. The drops are pretty crappy. Mostly 1 or 2 enhancers. The prysma is nice too though. Up to like 750 now. I'll have enough for 2 10+1 pulls when the rate ups I want hit.

Merun

In Gumi's defense, it was 4 hours in the asian version as well, I read.

JPCC is limited to one country so a window of 4 hours in the evening is not ridiculous for the targeted audience. It's totally ridiculous for a global game though. For me it's in the morning between 5am and 9am.

edit: Woot just got the 10 fortune rings of the expert level.

commish

JPCC is limited to one country so a window of 4 hours in the evening is not ridiculous for the targeted audience. It's totally ridiculous for a global game though. For me it's in the morning between 5am and 9am.

I'm definitely not defending Gumi's decisions, but they tend to follow what the first market did in most ways, at least up to a point. That's how Brave Frontier progressed.

Rixa

This is a terrible event.

Drop rates are really terrible. I dont have friends who have 60lvl Nimpha...

Rookie done 12 times, 1 chest missing.
Intermeditate done 15 times, 1 chest missing.
When I get that last chest Ill use those Stamina fruits for Story quests.

Atleast I got shitton of those level 1 Knight enchanters.
Some luck tho, got great success when I used 10 knight lvl I enchantress to my Aludra (cost 45k), got 254% level and now my Aludra is level 30.

Merun

I'm definitely not defending Gumi's decisions, but they tend to follow what the first market did in most ways, at least up to a point. That's how Brave Frontier progressed.

Oh ok. So far there have been very few changes for CC, one of which resulted in the Julianna screwup.

Drop rates are really terrible. I dont have friends who have 60lvl Nimpha...

Rookie done 12 times, 1 chest missing.
Intermeditate done 15 times, 1 chest missing.
When I get that last chest Ill use those Stamina fruits for Story quests.

Atleast I got shitton of those level 1 Knight enchanters.
Some luck tho, got great success when I used 10 knight lvl I enchantress to my Aludra (cost 45k), got 254% level and now my Aludra is level 30.

I have 4 Nimpha lvl 60 awaiting me to befriend them in my friend notifications :/

If you have to prioritise, I would suggest spamming these quests instead of doing the story, because story will still be there after the event.

Rixa

Oh ok. So far there have been very few changes for CC, one of which resulted in the Julianna screwup.

I have 4 Nimpha lvl 60 awaiting me to befriend them in my friend notifications :/

If you have to prioritise, I would suggest spamming these quests instead of doing the story, because story will still be there after the event.

True, and exp is good + I can always feed those enchanters to units. Got still over 450k money so that is not a problem at the moment.

Yaari

My Nimpha is 59 now but I am working very hard on it. Hope the quest isn't ridiculously difficult though. Got some free slots too.

commish

My Nimpha is 59 now but I am working very hard on it. Hope the quest isn't ridiculously difficult though. Got some free slots too.

What's your #? Don't think I've added you. We need a gaf master CC list!

Azusa

I have yolo pulled 8 times today and only got 4* Ibuki.

It's very tempting to try more, but no no. I'll wait for real Juliana event.

desverger

I've actually beeing doing Arcana Coin pulls today. Did like 30 or something and ended up with a bunch of decent 3* units.

Funnily enough got Haruaki like three times, so I've LB'd him twice already, and he's making a good addition to my party. Trying to get Melvina, but haven't pulled her yet. Is she a better healer than Latty?

I feel like Arcana Coins are so easy to come by that I can spend them freely - I feel like v2 is way too far in the future for me to start hoarding them.

edit: If anyone wants to add me, my id is 136,636,939 - I have a tiny Nimpha who's growing up. Let me know if you add me, if there's no GAF in your name, I might not see it.

Aki-at

This. It was my problem too when I have used auto battle. You need to manage them manually and don't allow Dusty to tank.

Yeah thanks for suggesting that. I thought since it was a level 37 mission I could easily complete it on autobattle but no, need to manage the units manually.

I'm hoping the later chapters in the game will be as challenging as this, since the Demon Raid event the game's difficulty has gone down a bit.

Zhengi

I'm stuck in the Advanced knight event trying to get the last two chests. Having too much success with the first two chests. I'm going to stay away for a bit and hope the odds get better later on.

Just started playing this and its pretty fun I guess. Got bummed out when I noticed how long it'll take to get any rings though.

Arcana coins can't get anything more than a 3 star correct? Also, what do you do with all this gold?

I think this is the only mobile game I've hit the energy cap on a few times because I couldn't stop playing it.

desverger

I'm stuck in the Advanced knight event trying to get the last two chests. Having too much success with the first two chests. I'm going to stay away for a bit and hope the odds get better later on.

Yeah the chests are more rare the further they are in the list.

I assume you have 2 weeks to get the last one, so no hurries.

Also, thanks for adding me up!

Just started playing this and its pretty fun I guess. Got bummed out when I noticed how long it'll take to get any rings though.

Arcana coins can't get anything more than a 3 star correct? Also, what do you do with all this gold?

I think this is the only mobile game I've hit the energy cap on a few times because I couldn't stop playing it.

AC is max 3* for now, but v2 changes this. No idea when it's coming to Global, though.

Gold is used for enhancing your other cards. You'll get plenty of it.

Merun

Personally I like the fact that you can't play much because last time I had a game with a comparable resource system, at high level I needed 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening to use them efficiently :s

Arcana Coin won't get you any higher than 3* indeed. Gold is used for enhancing. Last demon raid, I spent 1M in just a few days. Rings come slow for F2P, gotta do daily and take advantage of all the events. Last demon raid again, I got 7 UR, which means 140 rings . But don't take me as an example for pull/drop rates ^^;

Yaari

Yes, Arcana is limited to 3*.

The gold is used for upgrading. It might seem like a lot now, but you'll quickly run through it. It gets pretty expensive later on.

Rings seem difficult to get but an event about 2 weeks ago, rewarded most of us here with like 90~ if not more. So it really depends on the event.

Yes, Arcana is limited to 3*.

The gold is used for upgrading. It might seem like a lot now, but you'll quickly run through it. It gets pretty expensive later on.

Rings seem difficult to get but an event about 2 weeks ago, rewarded most of us here with like 90~ if not more. So it really depends on the event.

Oh nice! Hopefully we get one of those soon :D

Yeah, I wasn't faulting the game for the energy thing, I just noticed that I was playing the game for longer sessions compared to other f2p mobile games.

Azusa

Personally I like the fact that you can't play much because last time I had a game with a comparable resource system, at high level I needed 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening to use them efficiently :s

I have tried some korean games with 1min stamina refills... Because of this I think game is so grindy and boring. I had a ton of stamina but I need to grind for hours and hours to see some progress. Uh.

Azusa

GUMI is teasing a new demon on their facebook ,The Demon of Departed Souls Rasphia.

Next event? I don't know, but if so it's a bummer for all those expecting Coropariton.

WUT?

Japan ver. demon raid order:
Demon of Desecration Katarith - DONE
Demon of Prison Coropatiron
Demon of Lightning Ael Gurun
Demon of Tenacity Armilus
Demon of Nourishment Sapuras
Demon of Departed Souls Rasphia <<--------- Are we getting this now?
Demon of Truth Hatifas
Demon of Sword Fight Agudara
Demon of Ornaments Frogabitus
Demon of Fascination Talibik

Gumi pls, I want Coro.

Yaari

Yeah it's a good thing this game is not so time demanding. I like it for that. It's easy enough to find fun games that drain your time, this one is fun and does not take that much time.

As for the teasing, IMO they are just screwing around. All they do all day is talk about cute merchants and brave warriors. I think its just some dude pulling up characters and writing some stories to them. It seems early to tease anything when this event has 2 weeks left.

My Nimpha is level 60 and damn, level 45 quest? I'm screwed. It also costs 22AP per stage, and it has 3. That's going to suck.

Merun

She looks kinda eh? Probably lots of damage, but that 50% self damage.

I'm considering her for my mage team if I don't get better arcana. Piercing shots is not bad to clear lane and then have focus fire on the 2 remaining. For everything else there is Cheery.

Vylash

WUT?

Japan ver. demon raid order:
Demon of Desecration Katarith - DONE
Demon of Prison Coropatiron
Demon of Lightning Ael Gurun
Demon of Tenacity Armilus
Demon of Nourishment Sapuras
Demon of Departed Souls Rasphia <<--------- Are we getting this now?
Demon of Truth Hatifas
Demon of Sword Fight Agudara
Demon of Ornaments Frogabitus
Demon of Fascination Talibik

Gumi pls, I want Coro.

i want a better soldier dammit, come on

I'm considering her for my mage team if I don't get better arcana. Piercing shots is not bad to clear lane and then have focus fire on the 2 remaining. For everything else there is Cheery.

Oh yeah, piercing doesn't sound bad.

Just noticed her skill is an AOE around her I assume which makes it kinda even more eh.

Then again, I use no mages so maybe that's why I'm pretty much meh about it.

Shouta

They should eventually update the game and give you a chance for a UR when pulling with Arcana Coins. It's the ring character that you can pull, which changes from time to time.

I'm not sure how far off they are from that though.

Jomjom

Banned
I got pretty lucky. Got 4 chests in rookie in one try, two tries for the second one, 1st try for third one, but sadly I can't get past round 5 in expert.

Hachitora

I actually got all 4 rewards for the event's rookie rank in one or two tries. I expected much more since I never get the last one for anything else. I doubt I can do intermediate though, since I'm still too low leveled.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to add my low-leveled self, my ID# is 122,092,927. I'll add myself to that list once I get to a computer.

Btw, is there a sort of optimal kinda team formation? I know it's still pretty early in the game, but I find I can get by with a team of all warriors/knights. My healer doesn't really do much anyway =w=;

Jomjom

Banned
I actually got all 4 rewards for the event's rookie rank in one or two tries. I expected much more since I never get the last one for anything else. I doubt I can do intermediate though, since I'm still too low leveled.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to add my low-leveled self, my ID# is 122,092,927. I'll add myself to that list once I get to a computer.

Btw, is there a sort of optimal kinda team formation? I know it's still pretty early in the game, but I find I can get by with a team of all warriors/knights. My healer doesn't really do much anyway =w=;

Sent you a friend request. JomGAF.

When you get enough units try to go just 2 colors, 3 of one offensive class and then a healer. Keep an eye out for characters that have useful sub party abilities.

Merun

And I just got all 4 quests rewards.

I should rank up soon to 42, which is the next friend list increase IIRC.

As for team formation, 1 healers/4 warriors, 2healers/3warriors, full knight team, full mage team are all the combination I know. Doesn't mean there aren't others. 2 warriors/2 knight sounds good if they don't rely on 3 mana skills. The only thing to avoid is a 3 types team or above, not enough mana to be sustainable.

Yaari

Merun what is your team like? I doubt I have a shot at Expert.

Edit: On CC forum they are claiming Juliana will be back on the 16th of February.

Merun

Merun what is your team like? I doubt I have a shot at Expert.

Edit: On CC forum they are claiming Juliana will be back on the 16th of February.

At the moment:

Lindsey lvl 77
Dusty lvl 37
Adelle lvl 29
Lolleta lvl62

Hero lvl35
Latty lvl39

Good heal is primordial for Expert, as well as a fast single target killer.

Merun

Probably worth using Phonea (sp) over most lower rank healers right?

No, Phoena is a bad healer, but a very good sub. Except that in order to be a good sub she has to be level 60 and have her second ability unlocked which is impossible at the moment.

Yaari

At the moment:

Lindsey lvl 77
Dusty lvl 37
Adelle lvl 29
Lolleta lvl62

Hero lvl35
Latty lvl39

Yeah haha. As I thought, probably not a chance. I'll sit it out a week or so. With Nimpha done I can focus on lower level characters, who should be significantly easier to level up.

Was thinking about the next Demon Raid. I'm guessing I might make an account for myself that I can boost up. I spend alot of time looking for people to help, when there really weren't too many. Since that card is good, I want to get it LB'd as high as I possibly can. I doubt she will be back.

Jasconius

At the moment:

Lindsey lvl 77
Dusty lvl 37
Adelle lvl 29
Lolleta lvl62

Hero lvl35
Latty lvl39

Expert is hard but doable for me too! At least with your level 77 lindsey >.> (Thank you!)

I have a soldier/mage/heal team that I used to clear it earlier...

Pick high-lvl soldier ally

Katya lvl 33
Merheim lvl 30
Lindsey lvl 33
Melvina lvl 34

Hero lvl 34
Eddy lvl 15 (oops I should change this out now that I have more AP lol)

I did almost die though, so it's not easy!

Hachitora

Sent you a friend request. JomGAF.

When you get enough units try to go just 2 colors, 3 of one offensive class and then a healer. Keep an eye out for characters that have useful sub party abilities.

As for team formation, 1 healers/4 warriors, 2healers/3warriors, full knight team, full mage team are all the combination I know. Doesn't mean there aren't others. 2 warriors/2 knight sounds good if they don't rely on 3 mana skills. The only thing to avoid is a 3 types team or above, not enough mana to be sustainable.
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll keep em in mind. Right now, my only healer is Marina, even after two Arcana Coin draws. So I'll probably stick a healer in my team once I get a good one.

Top Bottom