• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charlottesville alt-right white nationalist torch rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

moeman

He basically just said "both sides, heritage not hate" and peaced the fuck out.

Fuck every single person who voted for this piece of shit.

Honestly did you expecting anything greater from him? He's never going to abandon the alt-right because they are the only ones still behind him. And I'm sure he believes in their views. It still shocks me that the alt-right, while seemingly a minority in this country, has so much power.

Dehnus

This was handled incredibly poorly by the police, to say the least. Letting neo-nazis and antifa fight without intervening, letting people with guns and riot gear to show up in the first place, etc. It's officially domestic terrorism now. Do something about it.

"Antifas", let me guess? you think of them as bad too? Or just as bad? Keep attacking yourself friend, ..

one day when we are in the barracks, I'll hand you my spare towel with a smile:"Let's hope it's a water day.".

Honestly?

This was it.

It is categorily impossible to say that anybody who supports Trump could possibly be a good person after this.

I already believe that months ago but now I know for sure

can we have a concrete number on how many innocent people self-identifying nazis have to intentionally kill and injure before we're allowed to Fear For Our Lives and Stand Our Ground?

like, even nazi murderers get to use the line

Sorry white surpemacy gets protected and not you.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The solution is to punch them all in the face. It's really easy. You just go outside and do it. That will solve all of our problems, and liberty and happiness will reign supreme. No unintended side effects, no massive injuries or losses of life, no inflaming of deep conflicts already existent underneath the country's bed left over from the 1800s.

It'll just work, trust me. We gotta start shooting them whenever we think someone is a Nazi.
Confirm someone is a nazi without a shadow of a doubt.

The proceed to punch them in the face.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Earlier I made a video of Baked Alaska getting maced and the lil boys from /pol/ are not happy with me

Jxi3Rke.png

Poor little 15 year old wannabe brooks brothers egos are hurt

Original tweet here: https://twitter.com/jacktink/status/896428423152893952

Honestly did you expecting anything greater from him? He's never going to abandon the alt-right because they are the only ones still behind him. And I'm sure he believes in their views. It still shocks me that the alt-right, while seemingly a minority in this country, has so much power.

Nah, it's about what I expected from him. He likely would've said nothing about the rally beyond the tweet if this attack didn't happen.

grumble

They are NOT the only ones still behind him. He remains backed by almost half the country.

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly?

This was it.

It is categorily impossible to say that anybody who supports Trump could possibly be a good person after this.

I already believe that months ago but now I know for sure

We're loooooooooooooooong past that point imo, just another thing to add to the pile.

III-V

I clicked this and hear Trump say, 'we have to love each other and respect our history.' Is he alluding to the confederate statues in Charlottesville which sparked all these alt-right/neonazi protests?

I did not pick that up as I was too busy face palming but I think you are absolutely right.

Dehnus

Holy shit. He's actually saying this.

This is gross. On both sides???

He's talking about the employment rate. I literally feel sick. I literally feel sick.

This is garbage, even for him.

Your president is fucking scum, America.

Shame on him.

Your president should be arrested for treason and emboldening nazis.

He is a fucking asshole.

Even I feel sick and I'm not even American.

hate on many sides.....

one side just killed and injured dozens and a terroist attacl!

edit: and that was the fucking racsists!!!

Holy shit.

"Political party."

Nazi party.

This is the worst speech I ever heard

I hate to say I told you so, buuuuut....

I did tell you: They will never attack their own. At most this "sad triggered man" will get some jailtime because he was violent too early.

Doesn't mean the biggest organized gang in the country won't find a way to get him off scot-free.

I certainly don't disagree, I just mean that if he did replace his license plates, it doesn't matter because he was caught. But yeah, we'll see if justice is actually served.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The depressing thing is they aren't even Nazis, they are Nazi wannabes, which in some ways is even more pathetic.

Guarantee you 99.9% of them can't even tell you how the Nazi Party originated. They are just brain dead, brainwashed, single digit IQ sheep who probably don't have a level of education past the 3rd grade.

A complex issue that can't be fixed in one way, but you can start with putting more money into education. Dumb people = people susceptible to nutty ideologies, which = being prone to violent acts, rallies.

Oersted

People asking Trump to denounce the terror attack seriously bother me.

He gave hate a voice. He embraced it. Lead it. And will continue to do so.

Any condemnation by Trump of this terror attack is completely meaningless. Stop normalizing his hate, his anti minority legislation by asking him condemn this terror.

Heroman

Banned
The depressing thing is they aren't even Nazis, they are Nazi wannabes, which in some ways is even more pathetic.

Guarantee you 99.9% of them can't even tell you how the Nazi Party originated. They are just brain dead, brainwashed, single digit IQ sheep who probably don't have a level of education past the 3rd grade.

A complex issue that can't be fixed in one way, but you can start with putting more money into education. Dumb people = people susceptible to nutty ideologies, which = being prone to violent acts, rallies.
Education isn't the reason why people become white supremacists .. Cause there are a lot of "smart" people who are ones

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Education isn't the reason why people become white supremacists .. Cause there are a lot of "smart" people who are ones

Disagree. Not necessarily talking about school level book education, more of a broad use of the term. The more intelligent you are on all levels, whether it be socially, academically the less of a chance your mind will gravitate toward bigotry and nonsensical belief systems.

Living in diverse communities also helps. A big reason why the negative stigma of homosexuality has decreased over the years is because most people know or have met someone who is gay in their lives and once you get to know them, you realize they aren't any different. They are like anyone else. Now looking at this from a racial perspective, it's hard when you're not very bright to draw that conclusion on your own without interacting with other races and cultures and nationalities on a daily basis and seeing they are just like them and aren't any different as people. When you're cocooned in these communities that have no diversity, these morons who can't draw those conclusions logically on their own can't learn first hand either.

So they buy into rhetoric and become brainwashed.

You can get good grades in school in math and a language course, but that doesn't necessarily make you "smart" per se. Education covers a wide spectrum of things. I meant more of a broad perspective. Socially as well, which is also important.

The tweet just says a death was confirmed. Was there fighting first? Was a particular weapon used? Accounts on who the *physical* aggressor was ? Telling people in the "middle" or Nazi sympathizers just "a death was confirmed " is not gonna be enough to paint these white supremacists accountable.
He fucking ran people over with a car....

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised fox news is calling these guys racist white nationalists and not playing the "both sides" game

Who's the "other" side even suppose to be? I don't get it. Like Trump said "many sides" a couple of times but all I see is racist scum and everyone else

moeman

They are NOT the only ones still behind him. He remains backed by almost half the country.

IMO his majority base is closeted racists and bigots. I don't buy into the whole "I'm republican for x, y, z even though his social policies are terrible". Anyone who condones or supports the alt-right is part of the alt-right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom