• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

I hope the Kinect works well in low-light conditions, this is the perfect game to lower the lights for to create a trancey environment!

Nekobo

Picked up my GameStop pre-order. Kinda pissed that they didn't have the pre-order poster. They better have it tomorrow. :/

All that hype for nothing I guess. Kinect can't recognize my hand movements unless I stand up. WTF? Who wants to play a game like this standing up?

Is this game just as replayable as rez? And why type of electronic music is in this game? Is it upbeat or more trance? Is there an epic stage like stage 5 in rez?

saunderez

Gary Whitta said:
I hope the Kinect works well in low-light conditions, this is the perfect game to lower the lights for to create a trancey environment!
It works in no-light conditions. Except for the facial scanning thing. That barely works at all even in perfect lighting.

Crisis

Banned
Wario64 said:
I'm glad this game is only like 2.4 GB in install size btw, it's now permanently going to reside in my 4GB partition on my X360-S 4GB model

Some of the videos look like they could have been higher res though, which I guess is why the install size is small.

I just wanted to elaborate on this. Wario is exactly right. Some of the video is compressed. I noticed it in the opening video around Lumi's hair and dress especially. The artwork and direction is breathtaking, but I would have been okay with a larger install size. I think they did this for the 4GB Kinect system bundle owners so they could just install the game. Outside of that, everything is really, really nice.

goldenpp72

Baller said:
All that hype for nothing I guess. Kinect can't recognize my hand movements unless I stand up. WTF? Who wants to play a game like this standing up?

Is this supposed to be something you sit and play with kinect?

dvolovets

I hope this isn't seen as a troll comment or anything, but is this playable without Kinect? I loved Rez but I don't have Kinect... would love to play this on 360 (don't have a PS3 either).

K' Dash

Man I suck at this game as bad as I sucked at Rez, but it's so beautiful and fun to play, I wish there were checkpoints, watching the tutorials again and again is kind of painful.

Does anyone noticed how fast and responsive this game is? I feel almost no lag, I'm I crazy?

saunderez

goldenpp72 said:
lol well I just had the impression you're meant to stand with it, but sitting would be nice I guess.. does that work?
I found it could still track my hands when seated but became confused very easily. Also the range of movement you have when seated isn't very good. You've got much more freedom of movement while standing so you're able to move the reticule around faster. And for this game speed is a big deal.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
K' Dash said:
Man I suck at this game as bad as I sucked at Rez, but it's so beautiful and fun to play, I wish there were checkpoints, watching the tutorials again and again is kind of painful.

Does anyone noticed how fast and responsive this game is? I feel almost no lag, I'm I crazy?

With Kinect? Yeah, it's pretty minimal. Weird enough though, when you use the controller and move the cursor on the main menu, it feels like the cursor is floaty/laggy.

saunderez

Wario64 said:
With Kinect? Yeah, it's pretty minimal. Weird enough though, when you use the controller and move the cursor on the main menu, it feels like the cursor is floaty/laggy.
They've given a weird acceleration curve to the analogs it seems. I much prefer playing with Kinect, its much faster to move the reticule from one side of the screen to the other.

goldenpp72

Wario64 said:

Have you tried kinect googly eyes? I found the cursor in that was the most responsive a kinect cursor has ever been, maybe COE is using something similar

K' Dash

Wario64 said:

lol, really? I'll try with the controller tonight, but this is meant to be played with kinect, so much fun.

surly

Banned
dvolovets said:
I hope this isn't seen as a troll comment or anything, but is this playable without Kinect? I loved Rez but I don't have Kinect... would love to play this on 360 (don't have a PS3 either).
Yep, you can play it with a regular 360 controller or Kinect.

I guess my game room doesn't have enough room for Kinect. While calibrating it wants me to step back inside my couch. Is there really no option to have it set further forward?

UPS hasn't delivered my copy yet

cussing.gif

Kaldea

This game is awesome. Playing with the controller first to get the hang of things, then I'll try Kinect.

One of the best playing experiences yet in my opinion. :D

Honestly didnt know you could play without kinnect, when i found out i ran and purchased it instantly.

Just cleared the 4th stage and its quite amazing. Definitely worth it if you dont have kinnect. The leaderoards even have higher scores on the controller compared to kinnect. so it may just be easier on controller or take some time to get used to on kinect.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
yo_soy_el_topo said:
Honestly didnt know you could play without kinnect, when i found out i ran and purchased it instantly.

Just cleared the 4th stage and its quite amazing. Definitely worth it if you dont have kinnect. The leaderoards even have higher scores on the controller compared to kinnect. so it may just be easier on controller or take some time to get used to on kinect.

I think scoring is different on both. In any case, leaderboards are separate, which is cool!

Anyone even know how the scoring works? I took a glimpse on Gamefaqs and apparently you have to time your attacks to the beat of the music? If that's true, the scoring system in this game is a huge step up over Rez

Yeah the only way I see to get a multiplyer is to do a full ring shot or octoblast or whatever on beat. It's insane.. I have to literally tap my foot or something to hit it most of the time. Maybe vibration helps but I have it off.

bender

What time is it?
Wario64 said:
I think scoring is different on both. In any case, leaderboards are separate, which is cool!

Anyone even know how the scoring works? I took a glimpse on Gamefaqs and apparently you have to time your attacks to the beat of the music? If that's true, the scoring system in this game is a huge step up over Rez

I believe the "good" and "perfect" indicators that pop up while playing indicate if you are firing shots in rhythm.

bender

What time is it?
LiK said:
Playing with controller. Game is way tougher than Rez. Purple bullets suck.

btw Lumi is cute. :3

Just think of it as a second instrument. The sound you get from hitting purple bullets is so satisfying.

saunderez

Imperial Hot said:
So can you play this sitting down? I thought they added that.
Not really. The game can track your hands seated but it tends to get confused a lot more easily and IMO the range of movement when seated isn't enough to be successful at the game. You want to be standing. You just don't know it yet.

D23

sounds amazing i guess, but theres no way i will spend $50 for a 90min game or so..

will wait for the price drop

d0c_zaius

bought a used Kinect and Eden, and its definitely a fun experience that feels unique.

The kinect has freaked out a couple of times, and I dont really get the weapon switching yet.

But a couple of times everything came together and it felt like I was in Ghost in the Shell:)

Just finished the first two levels and it's pretty amazing. It's such a beautiful game. I'd play more but my right bicep is killing me now. I should probably try to use less enthusiasm with the flicks lol.

Top Bottom