• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

SeanR1221

I'm really impressed, but a little disappointed I can't sit and play well.

Do you guys push your right hand forward to fire the blast, or throw your left hand in? I find it easier just to push my left hand in.

Clunker

Managed to get the last copy at one GameStop by me. They only got two copies in, period, so the copy I got was gutted. Luckily, I don't really care about the whole gutted debate, but I'm assuming this may be a tough game to find in the future.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Clunker said:
Managed to get the last copy at one GameStop by me. They only got two copies in, period, so the copy I got was gutted. Luckily, I don't really care about the whole gutted debate, but I'm assuming this may be a tough game to find in the future.

Games on Demand will ensure no game will absolutely be rare. But it might be hard to find if you want to play it now.

saunderez

SeanR1221 said:

Do you guys push your right hand forward to fire the blast, or throw your left hand in? I find it easier just to push my left hand in.
I didn't even know you could use your left hand to fire the lock on laser, but I'll definitely be using that tactic from now on.

SeanR1221

saunderez said:
I didn't even know you could use your left hand to fire the lock on laser, but I'll definitely be using that tactic from now on.

I usually bring it to where my right hand is, so it doesn't throw the screen off. Try it! It helped to not wear out my right arm.

SeanR1221 said:

you can sit if you calibrate your kinect while seated, that said, im really enjoying standing with this game

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
My right arm is totally sore from this game. lol. I guess that's what 3+ hours of Kinect does to you. The longest I've ever played with my Kinect.

SeanR1221

Jack Random said:
you can sit if you calibrate your kinect while seated, that said, im really enjoying standing with this game

But then I'd have to recalibrate it to play anything else, right?

Mehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

saunderez

Technosteve said:
any one live streaming the game with kinect i want to see if it's worth the kinect purchase
Videos don't really do it justice. It wasn't until I got through the 3rd stage in Kinect mode I really started to feel the magic. Then I switched to controller and found the reticule moved so slowly that I'd be better off using Kinect.

Oppo

Wario64 said:
My right arm is totally sore from this game. lol. I guess that's what 3+ hours of Kinect does to you. The longest I've ever played with my Kinect.

So you finished the game then?

I kid, I kid ;)

Wario64 said:
Games on Demand will ensure no game will absolutely be rare. But it might be hard to find if you want to play it now.

Ehh just checked bestbuys around me and every single one has it instock, there might be a small run of the game right now but im sure if the game sells stores will order more.

Chairhome said:
Not sure if it's mentioned already but this game is also part of the Target buy one get one 50% off.

thanks hopefull they have this and infamous 2 in stock

DJ_Tet

Banned
Feels great to have a 'real' Kinect game, I'm psyched to dig into this game tonight.

There were probably 6-8 copies at my KMart, comes with a $15 gaming coupon there.

Magnus

Wow, thanks for the heads-up regarding changing the sound to 5.1. I mean, it sounded awesome anyway, but I had a feeling something was off!

Man, can't wait to get into this again for stage 3 tonight and show it off to some non-believer friends at the same time.

Phreaker

Just got my 100 perfect Octa-Locks and 10 consecutive perfect Octa-Locks achievements, so fun! :D

Anyone else play with the brightness meter?

IJoel

Loving this game so far. Changing the sound to 5.1 makes a significant difference. Question: Is there any specific order in levels? So far I've done
Matrix, Evolution, and Beauty
in that order.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Here's my stats. I'd say only 20 minutes of gametime was with the controller.

zN0X9.jpg

And man, watching the music videos in the extras screen. It looks like I'm watching it from Youtube...and they don't even include the whole video, just a preview. They should have used that whole DVD space.

Wario64 said:
Here's my stats. I'd say only 20 minutes of gametime was with the controller.

zN0X9.jpg

And man, watching the music videos in the extras screen. It looks like I'm watching it from Youtube...and they don't even include the whole video, just a preview. They should have used that whole DVD space.

What types of extras do you unlock? I see theres 60 thats quite a nice number :) and does each one have a specific way to unlock the extra or do you build up a meter for the next unlock. Sorry for my over use of the word unlock!

saunderez

Outtrigger888 said:
What types of extras do you unlock? I see theres 60 thats quite a nice number :) and does each one have a specific way to unlock the extra or do you build up a meter for the next unlock. Sorry for my over use of the word unlock!
Most of the extras seem to be art and layouts/creatures for Lumi's garden. You get to choose one from 5 I think after finishing a level.

RS4-

Just got owned, watched the whole intro and realized I forgot to plug in the sensor.

Now I'm sitting through the damn thing again.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Just got home, going to try it now.

The Walmart near me in Toronto had 5 copies when I picked it up. So some stores at least seem to have a decent amount of stock.

Gary Whitta said:
I hope the Kinect works well in low-light conditions, this is the perfect game to lower the lights for to create a trancey environment!

I just played it practically in the dark, so no worries there I'd say. It's also awesome with Kinect. It may be more accurate with the controller but playing with Kinect is an experience. It's almost like a dance game this way as you can't help but bounce to the music, and the shooting mechanics feel pretty empowering.

Jintor

I did wonder why they only included the previews of the Genki Rockets vids though. I guess it doesn't matter, since I went to buy the Heavenly Star album after I finished the review. :p

Wario64 said:
Bu bu bu bu I heard the game is only 20 minutes long! /haters

Sallokin

What an incredible experience. Loved every moment. My Kinect is in transit with the rest of my household goods, but I really enjoyed playing with the controller. Feels like a perfect evolution of Rez. Can't wait to replay it a ton. I can't seem to get higher than 4 stars though and I can get 99% purification, but never 100. It's driving me crazy. I don't see how I'm ever going to get 5 stars or even a gold star ranking.
LLShC.gif

<3 Mielke
Q Entertainment Twitter said:
@Zeouterlimits thanks for the heads-up and many thanks to the folks on NEOGAF who are supporting #childofeden ! &#12393;&#12358;&#12418;&#12354;&#12426;&#12364;&#12392;&#12358;&#65281;&#65281;&#65281;

Still undecided if I want to...

A) Pick this up along with Kinect

B) Pick it up and play it with a controller

C) Wait until it hits the bargain bin and play it with a controller most likely.

Doesn't help that tomorrow is my day off from work and I'm sick as a dog.

bender

What time is it?
Judging by the leaderboards, Kinect seems to be the preferred control method 2:1 (2376:1143).

The feedback from the controller is amazing so it seems to be a great way to play. I still want to try it with Kinect.

ToyMachine228 said:
Still undecided if I want to...

A) Pick this up along with Kinect

B) Pick it up and play it with a controller

C) Wait until it hits the bargain bin and play it with a controller most likely.

Doesn't help that tomorrow is my day off from work and I'm sick as a dog.

Option A all the way.

Kud Dukan

Game is amazing, and for the first time since I purchased Kinect I can now say that I'm 100% glad that I got it. Don't care if it's short...I'm going to be replaying this for a long time to come.

LiK

Gary Whitta said:
Is this the game that justifies Kinect's existence?

fuck Kinect, i played with a controller and it was still awesome.

just beat it on Normal. i like the unlockables. it's gonna keep me playing this for a while. ^.^

saunderez

It's just not the same playing with the controller. The reticule moves much slower than is possible with Kinect and even though I feel a bit more accurate it's nowhere near as immersive.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
ToyMachine228 said:
I think so, but $150 is still pretty steep for something I may never use again.

Are there any deals of Kinect anywhere this week?

I want to get Kinect for this, but I'm not paying $150 for Kinect no way no how...

Top Bottom