• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V Brave New World |OT| More than Content Tourism

Sibylus

Banned
DLLs don't work on Mac afaik, so you'll have to wait for whomever ports the game to Mac to put the right library up.

Wake up GMG, you silly brits!

FlyVPN is working for me... 57% downloaded.

FlyVPN's servers seem to be a little busy though, so you may need to click LOGIN 100 times.

Try going to FlyVPN's trial page and getting the 20min username/password.

Next, download FlyVPN's downloader

Login (took me about 50 tries) using the 20 min username/password, choose a US server and login (took another 50 tries).

Restart steam and the download should begin after a few seconds. Once the download begins, that's it, your game is activated. You can log back in with your usual IP if you wish.

Facism

Try going to FlyVPN's trial page and getting the 20min username/password.

Next, download FlyVPN's downloader

Login (took me about 50 tries) using the 20 min username/password, choose a US server and login (took another 50 tries).

Restart steam and the download should begin after a few seconds. Once the download begins, that's it, your game is activated. You can log back in with your usual IP if you wish.

that's what i've been doing. Everytime i've gotten past the 2 logins, it fails right at the end.

[edit] just did it again. Fails to authenticate.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh, this is some bullshit, I get BNW's opening movie, but no expasion. :(

Oh, hey, the DLL thingie worked. All right, playing now.

Sibylus

Banned
Have to say this is going to count against GMG in the future for me, 4+ hours after Steam release and there's been no keys or communication in sight. Had the game preordered for over a month with them.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Played a little this morning and Venice was pretty fun, was rolling in money, stopped just as I hit most of the new stuff.
Sid pls

My civs aren't showing up. I wants to play as BRA-cil

Try the DLL fix mentioned earlier.

Lumine

Damnit I really want to play this. Is there any place that still sells this for cheap? Man, how I wish I had not missed out on that price mistake on the brazilian steam.

Sblargh

Banned
All right. 100 turns as Brazil. Some thoughts:

- I really like the color. The borders look nice with the dark green/light green stuff, but the units colors make them look kind of brazilian, yeah.

- Early game with trade route seem a whole new beast to me. So I decided to do a peaceful cultural game, right? What happens, then? Montezuma right next door, obviously. So I'm still building some army, praying not to be attacked, BUT, I also have a trade route with him. So lauinching an early war against a neighbour is not only bad because of the usual reasons, but he will now lose the gold and the science boost. The result is that I have a oddly friendly Montezuma next door. (still building a defensive army, tho.)

- Before building my first trade route, I was getting negative gold, it may be because I suck, it may be the game is balanced like this now (which would make sense); so the early game also puts you this choice: you either trade or you war. Indiference and praying those people don't come pester you don't seem to cut it anymore. A side bonus: you are building trade routes anyway, I guess, so this means that some city state close to you will be your ally. I imagine actually going to war to defend a city-state now, where before I don't think I ever did that outside of strictly trying a diplomacy victory.

- New social tree means more balance in your early social policy choice. Diplomacy victory used to be "have enough gold to bribe everyone" victory, so you would choose the liberty tree to get big and rich. Now that piety is open at the start, I would maybe go that route for diplomacy, to try to win hearts and minds by putting the fear of a hellish afterlife into the souls of my fellow humans.

Vespene

The intro cinematic alone gave me the feels. The Venice soundtrack is as good as Dido's from Gods & Kings.

Music to me is REALLY important in Civ games. I'm listening to the same tracks for week long games. They better be good!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Terracotta Army now duplicates your land army :lol Can also purchase Industry+ units with faith if you get the Reformation belief, going to try some crazy religious game later.
Damnit I really want to play this. Is there any place that still sells this for cheap? Man, how I wish I had not missed out on that price mistake on the brazilian steam.

Check Buy/Sell thread in Community for Dunder, or you can trade like 6-7 TF2 keys for a copy at TF2Outpost, keys are ~$2 on Steam Market.

Just been reading some of the available tenets for each ideology, god DAMN some of them are powerful. I didn't realise till now that you can only pick one tenet per tier which will make decisions harder but further increase your flexibility and add to replay value.

Definitely eyeing up autocracy, and since I know I'm going to play as Shaka, I'll be able, for example to reduce unit maintenance by 33% on top of the 50% reduction Shaka gets as his UA...

Top Bottom