• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

Matush

NeoGAF has open spots too. #20Y9PQ
No trophy requirement, only need to donate 25 per week
We are at 22889 Clan Score and are really active!
If you are requesting to join this clan, please state you GAF name in the request message. Thanks.

Also that tourney pass, lol.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Looking for a new post-merger clan. Everything looks full up.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Thanks. What's the normal trophy requirement? I haven't been playing for a couple weeks but donating a lot every day.

hollomat

Banned
Thanks. What's the normal trophy requirement? I haven't been playing for a couple weeks but donating a lot every day.

I set it around 2600 now.

We don't have a trophy requirement and will take anyone even if you only have 100 trophies. However, I have to keep the requirement at 2600 trophies otherwise we literally get a join request every 5 minutes from random people. It just completely clogs the chat log.

LiQuid!

Ahh I see it was a logistic requirement, not a member requirement, gotcha. Well glad I got a new place to throw cards at every couple hours!

thy_

Good games everyone. :)
Gratz Naster and Spyder_UR

Corran, why had you come in so late and win against me, while you had 0 trophies *cries*.

hollomat

Banned

Corran, why had you come in so late and win against me, while you had 0 trophies *cries*.

Thanks for putting it on. Had some great games against people. People in the other Gaf clans are good!

Definitely went smoother than my tourney yesterday.

Hollomat room for one more? Seemingly the merge of the two guilds hasn't gone well.

I don't see how you can say that when we are at 48/50. We put our trophy requirements up before the tourney to prevent being spammed.

Anyways, fun time. Tourney's where we aren't infiltrated by people stealing passwords or taking spots is fun. Hour is definitely the sweet spot where it's about who played the best instead of the most like you see with longer tourneys.

Alur

Looking for a new post-merger clan. Everything looks full up.

Hollomat room for one more? Seemingly the merge of the two guilds hasn't gone well.

The merger has went fine? Not sure what you're talking about.

The trophy limit was set to 3000 for the hour before the tournament + hour of the tournament because we were literally receiving 5-10 spam invites every 5 minutes during the countdown.

Outside of that, to my knowledge in speaking with the clan and JoeNut (as I was asleep for several people coming over), the only people turned away didn't put they were from NeoGAF Elite in their request.

What was the issue, Blue Geezer?

Eldon

I hated your Prince like never before.
Anyway you too got like a 80 trophies swing against me 2 times

The merger has went fine? Not sure what you're talking about.

The trophy limit was set to 3000 for the hour before the tournament + hour of the tournament because we were literally receiving 5-10 spam invites every 5 minutes during the countdown.

Outside of that, to my knowledge in speaking with the clan and JoeNut (as I was asleep for several people coming over), the only people turned away didn't put they were from NeoGAF Elite in their request.

What was the issue, Blue Geezer?

Read from post 3987 downwards.

Doesn't seem to matter in the end as there was room in the other gaf guilds. *shrug*

Alur

I see it now. Not sure why Ninjadom rejected anyone with Elite in the tag as much as we all talked about it and where folks were coming from, but it happens.

Ah well, sorry about that.

And yes, nearly every GAF clan has plenty of room. Some others should probably look into merging, honestly, because there are a ton of inactives in them and the name of the game to progress is requesting/donating. That's why we merged these two clans.

Alur

Thanks for the tournament, btw, Thyy.

Once we get full (to avoid the spam invites) I'm going to open a three day tournament for all of our folks to have something to play around in this week. I'll post the info here too for the rest of GAF. I plan on doing a 1 hour tournament next weekend as well. I guess we can use hollomat's timeslot again?

nampad

Bzw Thyy, is your location the Clash Royale capital of Germany or why do I find so many tournaments based there 😂

I am really surprised because I am German too and get so many recommendations for tournaments from there.ä but never even heard of that city.

thy_

Bzw Thyy, is your location the Clash Royale capital of Germany or why do I find so many tournaments based there 😂

I am really surprised because I am German too and get so many recommendations for tournaments from there.ä but never even heard of that city.

No idea. Seems to be what the game defaults to if you have location tracking off.
I certainly have participated in a bunch of random tournaments out of Haina (Kloster).
Wikipedia says it has a population of 3608. :D

spyder_ur

Thanks for hosting. I cleaned up a few games late.

I noticed the same thing, though I'm not from there or anything. But I see it alot.

Brakke

Banned
Fireball's always nice to have. Helps if you can get one tower, too. Placing your units on their side of the river can make it quicker for you to attack buildings.

But otherwise, they're all pretty different. Counter Canon with a swarm, counter Bomb Tower with fliers... Running a deck with Elixir Collector is ok. You can just wait their towers out and buy a Collector if your elixir gets high during the wait.

zoukka

How do I deal with defensive buildings? My deck always struggles with defensive buildings in general.

Every strat has a counter strat. Your opponent might counter your hog with a cannon and there's nothing much you can do about it, since the cannon is a counter to hog. You can try to play around it, but putting pressure with other cards so your opponent has to play cannon before your hog, or pair hog up with other cards to deal some damage to towers.

We need to know your deck to give better advice.

Dazzler

How do I deal with defensive buildings? My deck always struggles with defensive buildings in general.

Give yourself another win condition

I'm running Hog and Giant right now, so unless they're running two defensive buildings or play perfect defence, something will get through

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Also keep in mind that it's perfectly fine to go for the tie against decks that are straight counters to yours. There are some deck compositions that I just can't win against if my opponent is competent.

spyder_ur

Nothing matches the streakiness of the day when trophies reset above 3K. I'll steamroll 4 or 5 in a row right away, then I run into fully maxed decks at 3200 like I normally would only see above 3500.

Won a match against a guy (tower level 12) with princess, miner and ice wiz all at level 4. That felt good - I emoted aggressively.

Oh and here's your daily reminder -
fuck
miner.

Alur

Indeed.

I hope Supercell ends the radio silence soon.

Dropped us tournaments with plenty of issues (the clan hopping/in-ability to remove people, for one, is particularly annoying), three of the four new cards are mostly dumpster tier, and miner is replicating like Agent Smith in the Matrix sequels.

spyder_ur

Indeed.

Dropped us tournaments with plenty of issues (the clan hopping/in-ability to remove people, for one, is particularly annoying), three of the four new cards are mostly dumpster tier, and miner is replicating like Agent Smith in the Matrix sequels.

It's been a really long time since any update, right? Feels like by far the longest since I started playing the game.

Level 12 and 13 Royal Giants are absolutely ridiculous - feels like it scales wrong when upgrading or something. Takes me basically a full batch of elixir to get down without losing a tower.

nampad

Saw someone on Reddit say that there is a summer break in Finland where most of the people take off. Don't know if it is true.

Every strat has a counter strat. Your opponent might counter your hog with a cannon and there's nothing much you can do about it, since the cannon is a counter to hog. You can try to play around it, but putting pressure with other cards so your opponent has to play cannon before your hog, or pair hog up with other cards to deal some damage to towers.

We need to know your deck to give better advice.

You can also pig push so the hog does not go for the cannon.
Unfortunately, I can't do that on my trifecta account because I play on my Macbook with the trackpad.

Dazzler

Indeed.

I've been finding lumberjack a pretty great Mini P replacement, with the added RAGE proving the difference in more than one game

Alur

I ran lumberjack in a few decks myself. Did giant/loon with lumberjack for the wombo in a couple of tournaments and did well, but also couldn't buy a win in a few tournaments if they ran buildings. Also tried straight up replacing him in staple decks like Double Prince + Mini Pekka and Hog + Mini Pekka but it never quite worked consistently.

The rage makes for some fun wombos, but most of the time I found him to be a lesser version of mini pekka bar the occasions that Rage dropped where I needed it. He can't defend as well due to his damage and HP being lesser (level 2 lumberjack has 990 HP and 260 DPS while level 7 mini pekka has 1056 HP and 317 DPS) and if he dies away from the tower you're targeting thanks to being swarmed or drawn away by a cannon or what have you, it's just a blown passive ability on him.

I think it was a cool design idea on paper, but he's not quite good enough for regular use yet with mini pekka around and unfortunately the rage is so strong that if they make him much better he'll be ridiculously OP. Perhaps he can find his niche once the meta shifts, though, without any changes, or with a small buff to HP or damage.

Log, as I've said before, will probably always be relegated to the bench til they do something with Zap (or buff the Log further).

Ice Spirit is pretty effective if you use it properly. Seen it in a few Super Magical Cups in trifecta decks instead of skeletons.

Bowler is probably the funnest card in the game, but he needs to cost 5 not 6. And perhaps have a slightly longer range on his boulder. He has about half the HP of PEKKA at the same level, but he generally has to get too close to his targets to get really good use out of his ability. They could also just make his animation faster, I guess. /shrug.

I'd be happy to see Mini Pekka, Zap, Royal Giant, and Miner all get a bit of a reduction in some form. And my main deck is RG.

hollomat

Banned
I ran lumberjack in a few decks myself. Did giant/loon with lumberjack for the wombo in a couple of tournaments and did well, but also couldn't buy a win in a few tournaments if they ran buildings. Also tried straight up replacing him in staple decks like Double Prince + Mini Pekka and Hog + Mini Pekka but it never quite worked consistently.

The rage makes for some fun wombos, but most of the time I found him to be a lesser version of mini pekka bar the occasions that Rage dropped where I needed it. He can't defend as well due to his damage and HP being lesser (level 2 lumberjack has 990 HP and 260 DPS while level 7 mini pekka has 1056 HP and 317 DPS) and if he dies away from the tower you're targeting thanks to being swarmed or drawn away by a cannon or what have you, it's just a blown passive ability on him.

I think it was a cool design idea on paper, but he's not quite good enough for regular use yet with mini pekka around and unfortunately the rage is so strong that if they make him much better he'll be ridiculously OP. Perhaps he can find his niche once the meta shifts, though, without any changes, or with a small buff to HP or damage.

Log, as I've said before, will probably always be relegated to the bench til they do something with Zap (or buff the Log further).

Ice Spirit is pretty effective if you use it properly. Seen it in a few Super Magical Cups in trifecta decks instead of skeletons.

Bowler is probably the funnest card in the game, but he needs to cost 5 not 6. And perhaps have a slightly longer range on his boulder. He has about half the HP of PEKKA at the same level, but he generally has to get too close to his targets to get really good use out of his ability. They could also just make his animation faster, I guess. /shrug.

I'd be happy to see Mini Pekka, Zap, Royal Giant, and Miner all get a bit of a reduction in some form. And my main deck is RG.

As a huge RG user, I agree something needs to be done. I spent a month requesting nothing but RG and was able to get him to 12 while my other commons were only lvl 9. Upgrading him makes such a big difference.

I agree with you on the other 3 cards too. Those 3 cards are by far the cards I see most often and they are all way too powerful for their cost. I'd add in ice wizard as well.

Alur

I was talking to Naster in clan chat and he raised a point I hadn't considered, but which is pretty crazy (IMO).

If you play a Princess at the bridge (level 2) and it gets two shots that's 308 damage. If you play it twice you've done 616 damage for 6 elixir.

Meanwhile, a 6 elixir Rocket only does 493 damage to a tower. The radius isn't even that much different. You just can't use princess to take out a pump, but you can use her in a million other positions that aren't really great for rocket use.

The more you know.

EDIT: Hollomat, I'm jealous of that level 12 RG. I've requested to the point where I can run 4 or 5 tournament level decks. GAF Royale is so RG heavy on requests atm that I won't be seeing RG level 12 anytime soon...all the more reason to nerf it, right? :D haha

Raven77

I just unlocked the Sparky and I can't for the life of me figure out how to win with this thing. I am a new Rank 9. Most of my rares are lvl 6 with a few lvl 7's like the Giant. I am in Builders Workshop floating around 1900 trophies. I have the Lava Hound lvl 2 as well.

Most of my commons are lvl 7 with upgrades ready or lvl 8. Every time I try out a deck I find online I get destroyed. It seems like every deck I go against just perfectly and easily destroys the sparky in seconds.

Anyone have any recommendations???

Top Bottom