• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I

I'd be happy to see Mini Pekka, Zap, Royal Giant, and Miner all get a bit of a reduction in some form. And my main deck is RG.

Nerf to Mini Pekka? It's shut down so easily, any 2 elixir card stops it. He's basically the only good, cheap troop you can defend a Hog with too.

SimplyJah

Frankly if you have a level 2 lava hound, I'd ditch the sparky. Focus around the hound with a cycle or a control deck. I made it to 3k trophies with a level 1 lava hound as my only legendary with:

lava hound/spear gobs/minions/goblins/elixir pump/zap/baby dragon/arrows.

I've seen changed it up, ditching the dragon for others, etc but it works really well. defend while adding pumps, load up lava hound in the corner, then slam all supporting troops behind it as it crosses the river, clearing the way with spells.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
If you have a level 12 RG, I'm pretty sure you could get to about 3600 cups just spamming that card over and over.

I've been collecting a bunch of cards to get my commons to level 11 and 12, but almost all of them are still level 10 because of the gold cost. Until they give a reason to be over 3000 cups, I'm content with spending no money and hovering around 3500 each season. $20+ bucks to level 1 card is just crazy, but I am a bit tired of always finding myself outgunned each match!

Alur

Nerf to Mini Pekka? It's shut down so easily, any 2 elixir card stops it. He's basically the only good, cheap troop you can defend a Hog with too.

Plenty of stuff to defend a Mini Pekka yet it's in nearly every tournament deck as well as decks in legendary arena on the ladder. He's eclipsed the hog rider as the go to since he can defend as well as attack. His defensive ability is what has made him so popular, and he easily converts to counter attack.

Eldon

If you have a level 12 RG, I'm pretty sure you could get to about 3600 cups just spamming that card over and over.

I've been collecting a bunch of cards to get my commons to level 11 and 12, but almost all of them are still level 10 because of the gold cost. Until they give a reason to be over 3000 cups, I'm content with spending no money and hovering around 3500 each season. $20+ bucks to level 1 card is just crazy, but I am a bit tired of always finding myself outgunned each match!

Same, if I wanted to go like 11/12-9 i should put so much money I don't think it would be worth. I'm happy with my 10-8-4-2
And I only have 1 lvl 8 rare lmao

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Plenty of stuff to defend a Mini Pekka yet it's in nearly every tournament deck as well as decks in legendary arena on the ladder. He's eclipsed the hog rider as the go to since he can defend as well as attack. His defensive ability is what has made him so popular, and he easily converts to counter attack.

A Mini Pekka is so hard to get to the enemy tower, its only real use is defensively against single units.

I think the Hog still has way too much health.

Mini Pekka is popular because RG and Miner are popular. It's the only reason I picked it up because Barbs kept getting indirectly nerfed every patch with buffs to Bomber, Witch, Wizard and the addition of Fire Spirits and Bowler.

Of course trusting SC Mini Pekka will be nerfed a few times before the root cause is nerfed, ala the million Cannon nerfs before a tiny Hog nerf.

They still need to tone down RG HP by 1 level. Over leveled RGs are just unbearable in ladder though they're ok with tourney. Miner could use a nerf in some form. Make the deploy time much longer so that we can see where it's going, or decrease its DPS but readjust tower damage up to compensate but still be a net tower DPS reduction. Miner cycle decks are completely irritating. Miner Gobs then Hog Minion/Skelly, some random cheap card and oops another Miner Gob.

hollomat

Banned

Yeah I'm normally around 3600 by the end of the season. I'm sure I could make it further if I really tried to push, but as you pointed out there's no reason to be above 3600. In fact it's actually much better to be just barely above 3000 since it makes it much easier to get crown chests. Getting RG to 12 has also come at the expense of my rares. I only have two rares at lvl 7 and all my other rares could only get up to lvl 6 if I lvled them. It's just so much easier to get commons up.

I put in $30 to buy two legendaries from the shop, but there's absolutely no reason for me to put anymore in. I have all the legendaries I want (miner, princess, ice wizard) and they're all lvl 2. Getting any to lvl 3 would take 4 cards and would take at least $80 and waiting for it to appear 4 times in the shop (assuming I didn't use any gold) all to make a card slightly better. Alternatively I can use that $80 on no mans sky and still have $20 left over.

Buying chests (even super magical) is just a crap shoot and with 7 legendaries there's a huge chance you won't get the legendary you want if you even get a legendary (and there's no legendaries I want). And I'd be almost guaranteed not to get the common or rares I want since they're all much higher lvls then my other commons and rares.

spyder_ur

I'm playing an alt now as well. Totally F2p. Man it's tough. I'm in arena 4 but always pretty outgunned. I just saw a freaking lava hound/furnace combo at 1100 that killed me. Not sure how to attack that at my level.

Does anyone have a good F2p deck to push from 1100 to near 2000 or so?

Also I love mini pekka. One of my favorite cards. It has its limitations, but I've cleared many a tower with mini + gobs. Usually after I get an elixir advantage on the other side due to ice wiz or princess.

Brakke

Banned
I just unlocked the Sparky and I can't for the life of me figure out how to win with this thing. I am a new Rank 9. Most of my rares are lvl 6 with a few lvl 7's like the Giant. I am in Builders Workshop floating around 1900 trophies. I have the Lava Hound lvl 2 as well.

Most of my commons are lvl 7 with upgrades ready or lvl 8. Every time I try out a deck I find online I get destroyed. It seems like every deck I go against just perfectly and easily destroys the sparky in seconds.

Anyone have any recommendations???

Yeah stop complaining when you've gotten multiple legendaries and you're not even 2000+ trophies ;_;

There was a week-long stretch recently where almost every deck I played against had Sparky, so I know I'm teched against it. The meta might be bad for Sparky now. You probably want to play him with a pump, and I always thought he's better behind Barbs than Giant (barbs help clear cheap chaff thrown in front to eat a Sparky shot).

RG, pump, Mirror, whatever 1-2 costs cards you have. Win.

Brakke

Banned
I was just making a joke about getting the most out of one over-leveled card. But it looks like Mirror creates cards based on its own level anyway, so the joke just falls totally flat. ;_;

Alur

Mirrored RG would be level 10 if it were a level 5 mirror. Not the greatest, but it'd be annoying for sure. Be funnier if you could stack em side by side on a bridge.

hollomat

Banned
Does anyone else feel like it's getting tougher to rise in trophies? My all time high of almost 3700 trophies was from 2 or 3 season ago. My Royal Giants, spear goblins, and barbarians were lvl 10 then, and my minion horde was lvl 9. Now my Royal giant is lvl 12, spear goblins and barbarians are lvl 11 and minion horde is lvl 10. I theoretically should be able to push much higher than before, but I ended the season just under 3600. And when it used to be all lvl 10 commons around 3600 now it's all lvl 11s with lvl 12s mixed in.

Does anyone else feel like it's getting tougher to rise in trophies? My all time high of almost 3700 trophies was from 2 or 3 season ago. My Royal Giants, spear goblins, and barbarians were lvl 10 then, and my minion horde was lvl 9. Now my Royal giant is lvl 12, spear goblins and barbarians are lvl 11 and minion horde is lvl 10. I theoretically should be able to push much higher than before, but I ended the season just under 3600. And when it used to be all lvl 10 commons around 3600 now it's all lvl 11s with lvl 12s mixed in.

I've actually been playing a totally different deck and hit my high this season (3460) without any discernible upgrade in cards. Everything I have is tourney standards so I have more options in the decks I play is all.

My previous high was 3440 and was ranked 43635. This season at 3460 I was ranked 45212 so that tells me that players are about where they were 2 seasons ago when I hit my high which is believable. I think you are finding difficulty because everything right now is against the Royal Giant meta. If you weren't seeing a mini pekka every game you would push higher without a doubt.

Edit: missed a number in my rankings

hollomat

Banned
I've actually been playing a totally different deck and hit my high this season (3460) without any discernible upgrade in cards. Everything I have is tourney standards so I have more options in the decks I play is all.

My previous high was 3440 and was ranked 4365. This season at 3460 I was ranked 4512 so that tells me that players are about where they were 2 seasons ago when I hit my high which is believable. I think you are finding difficulty because everything right now is against the Royal Giant meta. If you weren't seeing a mini pekka every game you would push higher without a doubt.

True. The miner is everywhere and I have barbs/spear gobs/minion horde so anti swarm cards just wreck me.

The problem is that it's clear to me that the meta has shifted and I know which cards I need to change, but since ive leveled these cards so much, it's better to stay with my current deck and just level it further. Otherwise I run the risk of by the time I've leveled the other cards just to get to the current strength of my deck, the meta has shifted once more.

Ninja Dom

I watched a few replays in TV Royale, Legendary Arena. Nobody seems to be running Fireball. So I've swapped it out of my deck for Poison. Still the same 4 Elixir cost. Any Poison lovers? And any advice with it?

I love Poison.

Best case is poisoning the tower and 2+ tower/building/troop. Poison + Zap is a good combo because Zap keeps them in place longer. It will guarantee a 3M kill and is very often worth it because they always come with another target.

Tower + 1 tower/building/troop is occasionally worth it, but not always. Poisoning Barb Huts is a waste.

Poison + Ice Wiz slow enemies a lot.

DrkSage

Can't deal with the miner, princess, ice wizard in the same deck. No matter what you throw they're going to constantly stop any push you throw, and come back with an annoying chip damage counter push. It's annoying

Might as well start using that cheap deck.

Can't deal with the miner, princess, ice wizard in the same deck. No matter what you throw they're going to constantly stop any push you throw, and come back with an annoying chip damage counter push. It's annoying

Might as well start using that cheap deck.

Hate payfecta too, because each card is cheap so they can react accordingly. I've considered carrying Lightning just for them.

thy_

Seems like 50 people joined the tournament over night. What happened?

Someone with an gaf account gave the password to his clanmates and it spread from there. I don't think you can stop that with such a long tournament. Perhaps slow the spread with daily password changes.

Someone with an gaf account gave the password to his clanmates and it spread from there. I don't think you can stop that with such a long tournament. Perhaps slow the spread with daily password changes.
Might also be lurkers that spread the pass, maybe we should just give it to gaf Clan leaders.

Maybe change the password daily so it doesnt spread that easily because there are some people like me who is a gaffer but not in the gaf clan

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just unlocked the Sparky and I can't for the life of me figure out how to win with this thing. I am a new Rank 9. Most of my rares are lvl 6 with a few lvl 7's like the Giant. I am in Builders Workshop floating around 1900 trophies. I have the Lava Hound lvl 2 as well.

Most of my commons are lvl 7 with upgrades ready or lvl 8. Every time I try out a deck I find online I get destroyed. It seems like every deck I go against just perfectly and easily destroys the sparky in seconds.

Anyone have any recommendations???

Sparky + giant would probably take you near 3000 I bet. Even if you find some ppl who can handle it, odds are high that you'll win more than you lose. Any time I use a sparky for fun in a tournament, most people just don't know what to do. If you are at 3000 cups and up, you've seen sparky a few thousand times so it's easier to handle.

Well. There we go. There we go. After 1800 wins, I just got a Legendary. But it's a fucking Sparky -- the card I hate the very most.

So what do I do? Do I play without it? Or do I become the thing I hate?

Alur

Or do I become the thing I hate?

L56Tjdg.gif

Agent

The Clash team is alive!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/4vsnfe/news_a_few_things_coming_in_the_next_update/

Heads up! The Clash Royale team are back from summer vacation (in Finland it's customary for everyone to take July off for Summer holidays) and we're busy thinking about the next update! On a high level, our current development priority list is:

Improve tournaments a lot (we want to re-work them in a pretty big way)
Make Legendary Cards more obtainable
New cards & balance changes

We have a bunch of other ideas for updates, these are just our initial and rough thoughts on what we'd like to bring with the next one :)

nampad

For the people who play their alts up right now, which arena do you think has the most asshole emote spammers?

I think it is arena 7, the lower 2000s. People there are also overleveled but actually think they are good because they made it to arena 7.
I have to sigh every time I get BM'ed by a level 9 when my level 7 accounts loses. Nice job idiot, I am in legendary arena with your deck.

Sure, other lower arenas like Pekka's Playhouse have overleveled idiots too but the most seem to be in the lower 2000s.

Noooooo, I want to feel special with all my legendaries :D

Maybe it is the right idea though. If they can't balance the legendaries right, let more get them.

Yeah I wondered why the tourney was almost full when I joined. I think it was at 97. I thought maybe every GAF clan joined but I think I've fought more non GAF clans.

I'm Bill, btw.

Brakke

Banned
Is there a way to tune notifications on this game? I don't want that little "a game in your tournament is waiting for you!" to keep creeping onto my screen every five minutes, but I do like to know when my chests are open.

On iOS.

Matush

So whats the best payfecta deck to push trophies? Got lucky and was able to pull two legendaries and buy one for saved up 40k coins.

spyder_ur

So whats the best payfecta deck to push trophies? Got lucky and was able to pull two legendaries and buy one for saved up 40k coins.

If you have miner, anything.

If I ever get him (have $60K in gold waiting at the shop), I'd probably go with an extreme fast cycle deck - I enjoy those anyways but with Princess and Ice Wiz proliferating they're not viable at 3000+.

Maybe something like: Miner, Princess, Ice Wiz, mini Pekka, Zap, Poison, Gobs, Cannon or Inferno.

Matush

Here's a pretty good one along with a write up. It all depends on what cards you have leveled. But mini pekka, zap and goblins seem to be in most payfecta decks. The other two usually rotate.

https://m.reddit.com/r/ClashRoyale/comments/4rks16/legendary_triple_legendary_control_deck_4100_lvl/

If you have miner, anything.

If I ever get him (have $60K in gold waiting at the shop), I'd probably go with an extreme fast cycle deck - I enjoy those anyways but with Princess and Ice Wiz proliferating they're not viable at 3000+.

Maybe something like: Miner, Princess, Ice Wiz, mini Pekka, Zap, Poison, Gobs, Cannon or Inferno.
Thanks guys.

Alur

dKVi5NN.gif

EDIT: Tournament tomorrow (Saturday). 1 hour. Same timeslot as Hollomat's from last week - 2 PM EST.

Will post the info here once I get it set up.

Absinthe

So I'm stuck at around 1700-2000

I have pretty much every card minus legendarys so what deck can I use to move up to 2500+?

Top Bottom