• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash Royale |OT| Should I keep playing when I’m full on chests?

hollomat

Banned
They really need to do something about miner. It's in 90% of the decks I face. On top of that they still haven't even fixed the stealth buff to deploy time they gave it.

It's gotten to the point where I'm actually shocked if my opponent doesn't have miner or zap.

Alur

GAF Royale Payfecta Challenge

#VPC8OU

Quote the post for password.

1 hour long. 2 hour prep time. Should start around 2 PM EST.

https://imgur.com/a/eR5tm

I'm just looking for a good deck list. I have every card other than legendarys.

You could try a modification of my deck that I used to use before getting Princess. Made it to ~3200 with it.

Inferno Tower
Zap
Dark Prince (swap for Valkyrie if needed)
Hog Rider
Barbarians
Spear Goblins
Rocket
Minions

It probably plays fairly similarly to your current strategy.

Absinthe

You could try a modification of my deck that I used to use before getting Princess. Made it to ~3200 with it.

Inferno Tower
Zap
Dark Prince (swap for Valkyrie if needed)
Hog Rider
Barbarians
Spear Goblins
Rocket
Minions

It probably plays fairly similarly to your current strategy.

Thanks I'll try that!

For minimal modification, I would swap Freeze or Arrow with something. Goblins, Mini Pekka, Barbs, Giant are all viable choices. It depends if you lean towards cycling (I assume) or defense, or slow push.

Ninja Dom

They really need to do something about miner. It's in 90% of the decks I face. On top of that they still haven't even fixed the stealth buff to deploy time they gave it.

It's gotten to the point where I'm actually shocked if my opponent doesn't have miner or zap.

I would totally be running with Miner if I had it. I've planned all different ways of incorporating Miner or Ice Wizard in my deck if I was ever to get them.

I've paid for three Super Magical Chests since I got this game six months ago. I've only received one Princess. So without buying anymore my only hope is to reach Legendary Arena and buy them in the shop.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Why? You get plenty of warning it's coming. All you have to do is drop a unit by your tower and/or prep for a push from that lane by eg having barbs/valk ready to drop at the bridge. Miner is tanks but doesn't do much damage himself

Why? You get plenty of warning it's coming. All you have to do is drop a unit by your tower and/or prep for a push from that lane by eg having barbs/valk ready to drop at the bridge. Miner is tanks but doesn't do much damage himself

A Miner left unchecked does like 600 damage to a tower lol. You have plenty of time to see the Miner coming, but you can't accurately guess where exactly it goes. A perfectly placed Barb/Valk/Mini Pekka will shut it down, but you have 4 sides of a tower to pick from. The Miner will get 2-4 hits before it dies.

The problem is that it's cheap. You can send your Barb/Valk/MP to shut it down, but that's less elixir to spend on the Hog/Gobs/Minions/spell/whatever that comes with every Miner. It also pairs too well with other cheap Legendary cards (Princess/Ice Wiz) in a cycle deck. The strength of cycle decks is that your opponent won't always have the counter ready for the next cycle. They also have a much better time adjusting to the situation because each card is cheap. Before all these cheap Legendary garbage got added, the downside of cheap decks was that it was harder to form a push. They have a hard time getting to the tower because it wasn't hard to wipe them.

Aside from reverting the stealth buff it got, I would either:
a) Increase cost to 4
b) Make it do 100% damage to Towers, but decrease its overall DPS for a net nerf. It should be a surprise tank, not someone who can gore a Musketeer.
c) Add an indicator of where it will appear.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The problem with all Legendaries are they're cheap, with the exception of Lava Hound, and to a lesser extent Sparky, but that's much scarier.

If they drop a Miner on the inside, it will get shot from both towers. Just focus on what's coming with it, because on its own, it is really weak.

hollomat

Banned
I would totally be running with Miner if I had it. I've planned all different ways of incorporating Miner or Ice Wizard in my deck if I was ever to get them.

I've paid for three Super Magical Chests since I got this game six months ago. I've only received one Princess. So without buying anymore my only hope is to reach Legendary Arena and buy them in the shop.

If you're looking for a specific legendary, buying super magical chests just don't make any sense. A super magical chest from legendary arena only has a 50% chance of containing a legendary and with 7 legendaries out there, that's a 1/14 chance of getting the specific legendary you want. The odds are even lower for an arena 8 super magical chest and lower still for an arena 7 super magical chest.

My issue with the card is that its so efficient for its cost that's its basically an auto include. Unless you've completely misplayed miner, you're almost always going to get value for your 3 elixir (killing a princess, killing an exlir collector, tanking for tower damage). When you see it in 90% of your opponents decks, it definitely means the card is overpowered. If you're seeing it less in the lower arenas, its probably only because less people have it there.

And this is coming from someone who has a lvl 2 miner. The only reason I don't use it is my current deck is all lvl 12/11 commons, while the cards that work best with miner I could only get to lvl 10, and I'd have to pay quite a bit of gold just to lvl them to there.

thy_

Over the last weeks our clan (neogaf #80J8RU9) went down to now 25 active members in the past week.
Are there any other gaf clans who are in a similiar situation? Would you be interested in combining your clan with ours?

Do the clans who already went through a merger have any advice to give us and any of the other potentially interested?

Alur

Over the last weeks our clan (neogaf #80J8RU9) went down to now 25 active members in the past week.
Are there any other gaf clans who are in a similiar situation? Would you be interested in combining your clan with ours?

Do the clans who already went through a merger have any advice to give us and any of the other potentially interested?

Its basically just about fit. NeoGAF Elite had less active players for longer than GAF Royale, but we had to wait a bit for both of us to remove enough inactives to make the numbers work. There can't be any sacred cows if you're gonna merge. If a longtime member has dropped to zero donations, you gotta make room. They can always rejoin if they come back.

Final tally when we merged was Elite 24 and Royale 34, with our clan intending to remove anyone who had sub-100 donations if all 24 came because everyone left in Elite was more active than the couple sub-100s we'd need to ouster and it was only fair to have equal spots. Unfortunately one of our Elders didn't catch all the details about the merger, so a few Elite folks were turned away. It sort of worked out, though, since we are full and now GAF is also almost full again. It kind of helped both clans.

As soon as I took over as leader I contacted JoeNut about the merger. It took a few weeks of suffering and culling to get it done, but it's been great thus far. We are on the cusp of 20k donations this week. All of these clans are going to lose more and more people due to frustration/quitting/moving on and it seemed over the last two months there had been less and less new people playing from GAF. That meant merge or accept outsiders, and I suspect it will again for several of our clans. That's inevitable since we aren't getting new GAF people at a good clip to the game and there are just so many clans still.

There's quite a few GAF clans and several of them could use a merging. Giantbomb GAF has only 9 active people IIRC. They should join another clan so they can have some fun and get donations filled and level but I don't know who they are here on GAF. Since not everyone has their in game name the same as forum name, one thing you could do is send a member to those clans to ask about merging. Have them join it and see if they are interested. If not, no harm, just try another. It's in everyone's best interest for the clan to be as active as possible with the way supercell set it up.

thy_

Its basically just about fit. ... It's in everyone's best interest for the clan to be as active as possible with the way supercell set it up.
Thank you for taking the time, to answer like that. :)

I tried to identify all the gaf Clans in game. If I have missed any, feel free to add them.
Code:
Name          Code       Members Active (donated last week)
neogaf        #80J8RU9   38      25
NeoGAF        #8GUV99C   39      15
Neogaf        #Y8CGRR    48      24
NeoGAF        #20Y9PQ    44      40
NeoGAF Elite  #8R8YJQO   01      00
NeoGAF Gold   #2J8JQQP   46      17
GAF           #QYYQCQ    44      42
Giantbomb GAF #9UC2VR8   49      09
GAF Royale    #Q8C9CY    50      49

As far as I can see, we have two three really healthy clans and the rest could at least think about trying to get additional active Members.

totowhoa

Banned
Thank you for taking the time, to answer like that. :)

I tried to identify all the gaf Clans in game. If I have missed any, feel free to add them.
Code:
Name          Code       Members Active (donated last week)
neogaf        #80J8RU9   38      25
NeoGAF        #8GUV99C   39      15
Neogaf        #Y8CGRR    48      24
NeoGAF        #20Y9PQ    44      40
NeoGAF Elite  #8R8YJQO   01      00
NeoGAF Gold   #2J8JQQP   46      17
GAF           #QYYQCQ    44      42
Giantbomb GAF #9UC2VR8   49      09
GAF Royale    #Q8C9CY    50      49

As far as can see, we have two really healthy clans and the rest could at least think about trying to get additional active Members.

Agreed - if any leaders want to merge with 80J8RU9, let us know. Looks like we have a few solid candidates in that list. Everybody who's chimed in so far in our clan is game for a merger.

Alur

To incentivize, this is why you should merge if you're on the fence:

NzVs225.png

Our previous high was like 12,200 pre-merger. Feels good man, very proud of everyone!

GAF clan also has quite a bit of donations and still has room for ~6 people or so if I'm not mistaken. EDIT: NM, it's in the list up there.

To incentivize, this is why you should merge if you're on the fence:

NzVs225.png

Our previous high was like 12,200 pre-merger. Feels good man, very proud of everyone!

GAF clan also has quite a bit of donations and still has room for ~6 people or so if I'm not mistaken. EDIT: NM, it's in the list up there.
Glad I played enough to get ahead of you before you posted that.

thy_

neogaf #80J8RU9 (25 active) just started their merger into Neogaf #Y8CGRR (24).

Hope everyone manages the transition trouble free. :)

Alur

neogaf #80J8RU9 (25 active) just started their merger into Neogaf #Y8CGRR (24).

Hope everyone manages the transition trouble free. :)

That's awesome! I'm sure it'll be great. That'll give us 3 super active clans.

Maybe one day Clash will give us the ability to have bigger clans and we can make a super clan.

hollomat

Banned
I gotta say I'm feeling pretty confident in this tourney. It's halfway over and on a percentage basis, im literally infinitely ahead of everyone. If this pace keeps up, it's mathematically impossible for me to lose.

Alur

Honestly not sure why no one has even played at all. Normally there's at least 10-20 games before the final day. Seems like everyone is waiting til the end.

hollomat

Banned
Honestly not sure why no one has even played at all. Normally there's at least 10-20 games before the final day. Seems like everyone is waiting til the end.

I know. From my lead, if you beat me you're guaranteed at least 32-33 trophies rather than the usual 30. I can see why everyone would wait.

Alur

RIP my 5 dollars so everyone could test decks. I cri evry tiem

On a serious note, though, I hope they do give us some reform for these things. They've all but dried up compared to that first week.

RIP my 5 dollars so everyone could test decks. I cri evry tiem

On a serious note, though, I hope they do give us some reform for these things. They've all but dried up compared to that first week.
To be serious about testing decks you need 100 people not 20. If there was a free option that you could just play off ladder against a pool of people rather than a clan it would be better.

Alur

To be serious about testing decks you need 100 people not 20. If there was a free option that you could just play off ladder against a pool of people rather than a clan it would be better.

I disagree. You can test plenty fine with 20. But no one is playing, so you can't test anything.

The only argument against testing decks in tournaments from my POV is that there are only about 3 different decks ran if you're trying to compete. Maybe a card or two variation, but then again if you're trying to bust the meta with your own deck I guess that's good. Or to learn to play against a mirror.

thy_

I disagree. You can test plenty fine with 20. But no one is playing, so you can't test anything.

The only argument against testing decks in tournaments from my POV is that there are only about 3 different decks ran if you're trying to compete. Maybe a card or two variation, but then again if you're trying to bust the meta with your own deck I guess that's good. Or to learn to play against a mirror.
Did you only publish the details in your clan chat, or was/is the tournament open to the wider gaf population? The last tournament I can see in this thread is the 1h one from Saturday.

Alur

It's us and the GAF clan folk. I'll PM you the details to give to your clan as well. Hollomat and I are the only leaders/co-leaders I know.

If there are any other GAF clan leaders who are lurking, please post so we know who is who for this kind of thing. Maybe we can avoid getting invaded unintentionally.

EDIT: PM sent.

Alur

Thyy taking the crown again. No Naster to challenge the throne.

I feel like 85-90% of the GAF tournaments have been won by Thyy or Naster.

hollomat

Banned
It's crazy how many level 3 legendaries I see now in games. I guess since they've been available to buy in the store for a while now, people have been loading up and finally have 6 of the ones they want.

Ninja Dom

Just earned a Super Magical Chest after a regular battle. I think this is the third one I've earned since I started playing at worldwide launch. I got an SMC within my first few days of playing but didn't really understand it's significance. 1 Day to unlock.

Rendition

We just reopened our clan to new members.

Search "Neogaf" and look for the clan with the blue sword.

We're a good congenial bunch and we would love anyone who wants to play with us.

Welcome!

Rendition

I'm not going to name names, but I find it unethical that some people on here told members of the clan I lead that it was officially merging with another clan (both in the clan's chat room and on this Neogaf thread), spurring more than 20 members to leave.

There was no official merger. It was a lie.

Shame on you guys. No class. I didn't know Neogaf clans was going to be like Game of Thrones politics.

Nevertheless, we are going to rebuild and rise again.

Hopefully without this kind of political back-stabbing behavior in the future.

I'm not going to name names, but I find it unethical that some people on here told members of the clan I lead that it was officially merging with another clan (both in the clan's chat room and on this Neogaf thread), spurring more than 20 members to leave.

There was no official merger. It was a lie.

Shame on you guys. No class. I didn't know Neogaf clans was going to be like Game of Thrones politics.

Nevertheless, we are going to rebuild and rise again.

Hopefully without this kind of political back-stabbing behavior in the future.

My favorite Game of Thrones episode is when John Snow finally defeats House PayToWin.

But really though, when you look at the structure of the game clans and the donations therein are so valuable it only makes sense to have the most active clan possible and if you weren't able to facilitate that then you can't blame people for leaving.

With so few new people coming in we will surely see more mergers before too long. People drop this game like a bad habit (which damn if it isn't).

Anyways, I don't think it's a lack of class. Good on whoever took the initiative to make a more healthy and viable clan going forward.

Top Bottom