• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloverfield Hype & Movie Thread *Spoilers Ahoy!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdFoX187

Banned
Wish this movie was otu this weekend :(

Can't wait though. Every time I see a new TV Spot during Raw, I go ballistic. The music they have in one of the trailers just goes with the movie perfectly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It should be a weekend filled with kick ass entertainment.

Friday night: Cloverfield
Saturday night: Foo Fighters, Jimmy Eat World concert
Sunday...profit? (NFL more likely)

Costanza

Banned
I'll be driving almost 2 hours for the Jacksonville one. Can't believe Orlando is sold out :(

wait some of you have to win a contest? that fuckin sucks.

filmmetro is pretty awesome.:D

I just noticed the Japaneses man in the helicopter had a briefcase handcuffed to his arm.
its the footage of the station collapsing

edit: ffs, i can't believe that dumb bitch ate it

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think the stuff is the special ingredient in Slusho, the thing that apparently makes you feel like you have alot of energy. Deep Sea Nectar, I believe. Where it comes from...well, I don't want to think about it.

JCX

Penguin said:
I hope there is a screening this week, but assume they want to hold off on it so not to give anything away.

My school is having a showing of cloverfield on thursday.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FYI, I'm aware of a public screening as early as this Thursday, so the spoilers will be flying long before next Tuesday's screenings.

esbern

Harry Knowles at Aint It Cool found out that monster toy is fake

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35230

Hey folks, Harry here... working on my DVD column - I got hit with some dire dreaded strain of some evil viral infection and have just come out of the haze of strange colored substances flung from me lungs... And I get to the computer to see... "CLOVERFIELD MONSTER ONLINE" and "PARAMOUNT SAYS HELLO BLU-RAY" --

Well... ok, let's check on these. The alleged CLOVERFIELD monster comes from MovieWeb - That is not an early design - nor is it - the final design. It is, according to my sources (and my sources do kick ass) - "BUNK"

SO I looked up "BUNK" and found that it is a built in platform bed... or a trough for feeding cattle... or sleeping quarters... or...... HUMBUG, NONSENSE! So... I guess you can sleep on that image, feed it to your cattle... or just know that it's total bullshit.

New Jamie video entitled "The Hate Dance" (Warning, she yells. Don't play it too loud):
http://jamieandteddy.com/number9.mov
Looks like that evidence makes one full of anger. Give a super amount to a sea creature, and we might have ourselves a monster...

Also theres a pretty cool interview with director Matt Reeves Here

Matt2BReeves2Bwith2BLizzy2BCaplan2B.jpg

Also Tagruato's CEO gave a personal message today:
http://tagruato.jp/headlines.php?story=news_08_01_09_0
Ganu Yoshida said:
An Open Letter from Ganu Yoshida

"Dear Friends, Supporters, Investors, and Members of the Tagruato Family,

Ever since I was a very small boy, I have had the dream of owning a company similar to this one. A company where the workers work hard and love each other. A company dedicated to making good change to our world. A company that would bring prosper to Japan and extend that wealth and knowledge into the universe.

Unfortunately, last week was a dark time for Tagruato, this company I love so dearly. I tried to contain the event for the sake of police investigation but now it is the time to come clean and tell our story to the world.

Our newest and brightest oil rigging development, Chuai Station, was attacked by a terrorist environment group called Tidowave. They released a series of explosions on the station, causing the loss of life and bringing the rig down into its knees. Tagruato has faced threats from this group for many years and has, with the help of our friends in the police forces, fought off many prior attacks. This blow, however, was too strong to miss us. The Chuai Station was damaged.

We are working tirelessly to contain environmental damage from the explosions and are already experimenting in the Atlantic for a new Chuai Station rebuilding location while our work is being continued at a temporary facility. We have also opened the Chuai Station Funds, which has currently raised over 300 million yen for the families of Chuai victims.

On behalf of everyone at Tagruato, I would extend my thanks for the overwhelming wave of support we have been receiving from our business partners, friends, and colleagues. We will not rest until these criminals are taken off of the streets and made to answer to the families of those lost at their hands. I know that, with your help, Tagruato will not falter before zealots, but will remain the company I pictured as a boy, dedicated to exploring the magic of our world and controlling the future of us all."

Also it looks like we might actually be getting Slusho! after all!

Kaitei No Mitsu Approved for US Distribution
"Members of Tagruato's elite corporate board were greeted with a rare surprise yesterday as founder Ganu Yoshida visited their emergency home screens in a simultaneous teleconferencing broadcast. After much discussion, Yoshida revealed that kaitei no mitsu, the special Slusho! ingredient lovingly known as "Seabed's Nectar", had been approved by the American Food Association.

"Those lost at Chuai would be smiling this day," commented a choked-up Ganu Yoshida, "Tagruato stands strong against the evil of ecologist terror."

Tagruato can now proceed with their extensive American campaign for bringing Slusho! to the western world. In addition to the creation of three Western-only flavors, Slusho! representatives claim that many other surprises are in store for their new audience.

"This has been a dream of ours for a long time," smiles Slusho! Administrative Coordinator Mika Srauy, "We've already secured relationships with several prominent American distributors and are compiling our own Western-oriented marketing team."

The board applauded the news, thanking their friends in foreign lands for such strong support in troubled times.

"Ordinarily there would be more happiness in our celebration but it has been a dark week," admitted Slusho! Administrative Head Ben Miyake, "I am proud to be part of such a brave company."

Let's hope so!

Was anyone else watching Conan and saw the newest ad? Anyone else see the faint outline of the Cloverfield monster slightly obscured by smoke?

I know I did.

LowParry

fistfulofmetal said:
Was anyone else watching Conan and saw the newest ad? Anyone else see the faint outline of the Cloverfield monster slightly obscured by smoke?

I know I did.

There's a pic going around of that trailer that slows down the footage. You can see the backside of the monster. Very exciting!

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Linkzg said:
I still think the best looking monster posted in this thread is the giant whale with legs one.

I just wish it was real.
So do I.

It makes me wish the story is sorta like Metroid Prime, except the Nectar is the alien parasite instead of Phazon, and the Monster is a mutated whale instead of a Metroid.

CcrooK said:
There's a pic going around of that trailer that slows down the footage. You can see the backside of the monster. Very exciting!
In this very thread (Check Page 3 I think).

Also the production notes were released today. They contain spoilers of the monsters actions, brief origin, and certain scenes of the movie. If you're avoiding spoilers, don't go looking for this.

Suffice to say though, it's going to be AWESOME.

eXxy said:
POST THE PICTURE
71guwc1.gif

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Buttonbasher said:
In this very thread (Check Page 3 I think).

Also the production notes were released today. They contain spoilers of the monsters actions, brief origin, and certain scenes of the movie. If you're avoiding spoilers, don't go looking for this.
PM plz

Oh, and they're talking about a different shot of the monster. Showing its back.

Buttonbasher said:
Sent.

Also, we'll for sure see a lot of the monster. They won't keep it secret for long in the film.
Ah shit, can you pm me a set of those notes as well? Or at least where I can find them? Thanks.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Buttonbasher said:
Sent.

Also, we'll for sure see a lot of the monster. They won't keep it secret for long in the film.
Thanks, this is good stuff. The most "spoilerific" stuff was already speculated or practically confirmed.

I read over the prduction notes stuff, (skipped over the details about the main characters) and the monster origin stuff was very easily predictable, and shouldn't really shock people who go searching for it.

I just hope we can keep this thread clean.

Buttonbasher's been doing an excellent job updating the viral stuff... stuff that should hopefully continue up until the US release (and maybe after?). For that, I'd love to continue visiting this thread...

BUT if some asshat decided to spoil the creature due to leaks, ugh, I'm not sure if I want to take that chance. I'm not even coming to close to any other sites, that's for sure. :(

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Crushed said:
For some reason, I see Wollan's "Monster." :lol

Really? I still can't shake the feeling that it is a large rampaging human fetus. That picture further leads me to believe this theory. Blurry Cloverfield monster pics = the new inkblot test

Buttonbasher said:
Tuesdays the earliest day I know of the Advanced Screenings. After that I would avoid this thread if you don't want it.

That'll be exactly what I'm doing, especially since my only chance to see this movie is over MLK weekend, I'll have a particularly irritating wait. *crosses fingers as to not be spoiled*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom