• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo discontinued worldwide, new program to follow

Did the EU Club Nintendo ever have digital game codes as rewards? Because there are none right now and I can't remember there ever being any.

Fandangox

Damn, and just when I had gotten to Platinum Status.

Well the OP says this

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Seems it will be digital games only like last year, but available earlier since the program is ending on July here.

AniHawk

The fact that two cross-promotions are happening right near the end of Club Nintendo is clear foreshadowing of the feature program. A code for Mewtwo in both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash, and a cross-buy Mario vs. DK game.

plus this is ending at the end of nintendo's fiscal year. it's sort of a clean cut (aside from the digital things they'll give away in april 2015).

DVCY201

Wait, so I have to redeem ALL of my Club Nintendo codes this year? Oh boy, I've got quite a few laying around. I'm hoping for some good rewards then.

Firemind

Don't think so, But they had a lot of other cool
, but mostly useless,
swag.
They used to offer physical games. The Zelda collection is the best thing I ever gotten out of Club Nintendo. There was also a Link statue at some point for 10,000 stars or something? Could never save up enough points for that. ;-;

lupinko

I got 695 JP points and 490 NA points. I'll get Wario 2 I guess. I just noticed advanced wars never came out in Japan hence the 3ds release but the U.S. version can still be bought new and for fairly cheap. $30.

I'll reconsider, I'm going to be buying a Wii U family bundle with Mario and Wii Party here in Japan in March (birthday present) and Bayo 2 tomorrow. Yes I'll have games before the console.

When does JP CN go kaput again?

Dee Dee

Good.

The European rewards were shit. Useless tad. I spent 12000 stars on three Wii points cards in the end, which netted me Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario on Wii VC. Which is cool, bit given that I registered 2 systems and well over 80 games, that's a pretty pathetic haul.

The only worthwhile thing were exclusive demos and promotions, which they will surely find a way to continue.

boiled goose

good with gravy
this makes sense. The program is kind of broken. Hopefully the next forum will be fully integrated with the nintendo id. They should really be one and the same.

Nanashrew

Banned
plus this is ending at the end of nintendo's fiscal year. it's sort of a clean cut (aside from the digital things they'll give away in april 2015).

With this timeline in place, the programme will definitely show up before Mewtwo or the new Mini-Mario game.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Sucks that your purchase history will get erased. Hopefully this means all digital purchases going forward will be Nintendo Id tied.

?oe?oe

I have 1850 stars. Should I exchange for shoelaces or wait for these new additions in the coming months, hmm.

I still have a sealed copy of Game and Watch for DS.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Adieu Club Nintendo. While we all loved to bitch about it, I got 2 card cases, an XL charging cradle, and 2 3DS games out of the service. On top of the 2 platinum rewards I got (Majora's Mask OST and DKCR 3D) and the upcoming SSB4 OST and Mewtwo DLC. You will be missed!

Firemind

Good.

The European rewards were shit. Useless tad. I spent 12000 stars on three Wii points cards in the end, which netted me Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario on Wii VC. Which is cool, bit given that I registered 2 systems and well over 80 games, that's a pretty pathetic haul.

The only worthwhile thing were exclusive demos and promotions, which they will surely find a way to continue.
Come to think of it, they used to offer GBAs I believe at the very beginning. I already had one so I didn't take up the offer, but it was pretty cool. Shame that didn't last over the years.

I guess I have to use my codes now.

I don't use them. I got really bummed when they gave away a game for registering a game code a month or so after the game's release.

co1onel

My god we are finally getting flipnote studio 3d? Didn't even care about the club nintendo stuff after reading that.

Pheidias

So is it possible to just give away scratchcards? I live in Sweden and club Nintendo isnt available here. But games sometimes have cards in them anyway. I have at least 5 cards that are up for grabs.

L~A

Well, it was a great idea for me to buy that Mario Kart 8 t-shirt (cool stuff, nice to wear).

Problem is that now, I don't have enough stars to buy anything :eek:

Good.

The European rewards were shit.

This was pretty cool, limited to 300 in the entire world.

4.JPG

Nanashrew

Banned
Mario vs. Donkey Kong comes out in early March with crossbuy. I bet the new programme will begin late February for all future games starting in spring.

L~A

Mario vs. Donkey Kong comes out in early March with crossbuy. I bet the new programme will begin late February for all future games starting in spring.

There's also cross-buy in Europe though. No idea why it's not been implemented in NA yet.

Lernaean

Banned
Most likely it's for the better. Many countries did not have CN anyway, and the whole deal smells like merging everything to your NNID which means we are closer to unified accounts.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Most likely it's for the better. Many countries did not have CN anyway, and the whole deal smells like merging everything to your NNID which means we are closer to unified accounts.
we can only hope...

do it Nintendo and ill buy a new 3ds for my birthday

dose

So is it possible to just give away scratchcards? I live in Sweden and club Nintendo isnt available here. But games sometimes have cards in them anyway. I have at least 5 cards that are up for grabs.
Scratchcards are most welcome here :D

Top Bottom