• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CM Punk Walks Out of the WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I got like legit laughs out of it after the first time he came out. He got old real fast and never got a real push after it, did he?

He never got a real push anywhere, but he was around for fucking ever. Appeared on that 2010 episode of TNA Impact where they first tried going head-to-head with Raw. 2010!!!

It would be great if the WWE dug up all the wrestlers with really terrible gimmicks and made the wrestlers relive those characters in a Real World-style reality show.

You know, like The Berserker, Saba Simba, The Goon, The Boogeyman, Iraqi Sympathizer Sgt. Slaughter, The Shockmaster, Bastion Booger, etc.

And Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz.

Duke 'The Dumpster' Droese, 'The Stalker' Barry Windham, Man's Man Regal!

Ithil

But he is leaving due to monetary reasons if these reports are true, so he is doing things for his own pockets.

I am pretty sure Punk would not be wrestling for the WWE if money wasn't important.

What did the pipebomb accomplish for the long run, though?

If he was leaving for monetary reasons, he would stay for the payday of WM, the biggest of the year. He has millions already and isn't a spender, I doubt money is a concern to him.

OnPoint

He never got a real push anywhere, but he was around for fucking ever. Appeared on that 2010 episode of TNA Impact where they first tried going head-to-head with Raw. 2010!!!

IC title, tag titles, Euro belt, come on. He was almost a grand slam winner!

Nielsen rating were only ever a percentage of homes even at its prime. In 2014, that stupid thing is so dated that I can't wait for SOMETHING to come along to replace it.
I guess nothing ever panned out with that talk about Twitter introducing a ratings thing to gauge how many people are talking about a show while its airing.

I'm not even sure how many homes factored into the Nielsen ratings anyway, but there's so many people watching in various ways that it in no way represents the real number of viewers RAW (or any other show) has.

Sorry, Nielsen viewership is just as solid as any other statistical polling. If 1,000 people can correctly determine who's going to be the next POTUS, Nielsen ratings are still pretty effective.

Nielsen trolling is the province of fans of badly rated TV shows.

Sorry, Nielsen viewership is just as solid as any other statistical polling. If 1,000 people can correctly determine who's going to be the next POTUS, Nielsen ratings are still pretty effective.

Nielsen trolling is the province of fans of badly rated TV shows.

1000 people vs 2 choices is quite a bit different from 1000 people vs 500 choices.

tumblr_lx5syqYQOX1qzvw5po1_500.jpg

This image is awful when you remember who started out the night as US champion

If he was leaving for monetary reasons, he would stay for the payday of WM, the biggest of the year. He has millions already and isn't a spender, I doubt money is a concern to him.

It's definitely not a money thing. A few years ago when Joey Mercury was almost destitute due to his various personal problems, CM Punk bought out his house and gave him the title to it. The dude has FU money and has had it since well before he was #2 or 3 in WWE. Dude owns his posh penthouse outright and has millions in the bank too.

PInk Tape

Banned
I don't have a problem with him leaving if it's what he really wants to do. He deserves it.

YES!

Fire Punk on live TV next week. Take his best friend just so you can bury him to.

DO IT TRIPLE H!

This idea sounds petty.. But if they actually hire Cabana again (which I highly doubt) I wouldn't be surprised if this is the end result.

I'll bury you so hard you'll wish you were getting a regular burial.

WWE also retweeted Foley's anti-Rumble tweet, right? Any greater significance there, or they just trying to appease the fan's growing hostility in more creative/funny ways?

They did? I'm not seeing it.

Whelp, I've got nothing to look forward to 'Mania this year. Shame. I hope Punk gets some well deserved time off, though.

I got like legit laughs out of it after the first time he came out. He got old real fast and never got a real push after it, did he?

I vividly remember him feuding with Taka Michinoku and some of the other Japanese wrestlers because he was sleeping with Taka's sister. He got his Venis cut off backstage or something. It was hilarious.

Ithil

BfKyU5HCYAAAKa5.png

Don't even know who this is but...

Just to head this off, this guy doesn't know shit. He's been posted before, but he has no connection to WWE at all, let alone to make such a detailed post. He takes what dirtsheets say, then adds some of his own nonsense to make it seem like he's deeply connected.

Wait, AJ is Punk's girlfriend?

When was this?!

What happened to Lita and her Spaceboy tattoo?

I thought AJ was still dating the dude who took her virginity?

Punk and AJ both keep very private lives outside of wrestling, so it's been under the radar. But they've been dating for a while.

They did? I'm not seeing it.

To be honest, I didn't see it either, but I got it off IGNs wrestling wrap-up review. Here is the exact text --

"Also, just so you know, the WWE just retweeted one of Foley's tirade tweets. So they might be trying to incorporate his hate into the storyline too."

Pwinsider

-- It is being reported that Colt Cabana is once again on WWE's radar. Cabana is looked at as a familiar personality to wrestling fans that could possibly used for the WWE Network. Over the past month, Cabana has made a few visits to the WWE Performance Center.

YES!

Fire Punk on live TV next week. Take his best friend just so you can bury him to.

DO IT TRIPLE H!

I remember Colt mentioning on his podcast that he was taking meetings with the WWE late last year sometime.

Dead Man

So the Daniel Bryan thing, how much of that is just Vince not liking small guys in top championships, and also destroying the middle weight divisions so they have to battle for the heavyweight title?

So the Daniel Bryan thing, how much of that is just Vince not liking small guys in top championships, and also destroying the middle weight divisions so they have to battle for the heavyweight title?

Most of it has to do with Summerslam buy rates.

The other part was trying to do the Dusty Rhodes getting beat up by Four Horseman every week storyline doesn't work.

rvy

Banned

urlivpz0.gif

What's your problem, pal?

rvy

Banned
Well, she always wanted to follow in Lita's footsteps.

440991580_640.jpg

It just keeps getting better.

Truly, you guys could probably book a better RAW than Stephanie and her monkeys.

Notice how I wrote book and not write.

It starts with the little things, people.

lmpaler

urlivpz0.gif

What's your problem, pal?

God I still would destroy Steph.

I stopped watching wrasslin' ages ago, but the bit that I caught here and there and watching a WM a few years back. I wish Punk was in the Attitude days as he is now, he just would have fit in so well with what they were doing back then.

PInk Tape

Banned
To be honest, I didn't see it either, but I got it off IGNs wrestling wrap-up review. Here is the exact text --

"Also, just so you know, the WWE just retweeted one of Foley's tirade tweets. So they might be trying to incorporate his hate into the storyline too."

Hmm.
Maybe someone thought it would simmer things down a bit;
then it backfired and someone did some pack peddling
and deleted it.

Well, she always wanted to follow in Lita's footsteps.

440991580_640.jpg

4s2k19l.gif

rvy

Banned
Hey Trips makes a great heel.

If you think a great heel is a dude who cuts the same long promo about how he's gonna kick your skinny fat ass and never drew a dime, then sure.
I'm glad he cut his hair though, that shit was getting ridiculous.

I hate too much. I shouldn't. He has great conditioning. Poor guy had to follow a Rock-Hogan match and make the crowd even somewhat invested in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom