• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
True. I don't want to live in an America where I can't get my piss hot in peace.

You must not wait for the perfect time to get your piss hot; the secret is to always have your piss hot.

8vi86.jpg

A Fla beat writer just called into the Urban Meyer Call-in show and asked what he thinks about gata fans rooting for UCF since he left Florida for tOSU.

Urban told him he didnt leave one school for another and his facts are "unsurprisingly, incorrect." Love the way Urbz handels press, so much better than the vest.
Damnit. Well at least now if we lose, we will piss off a bunch of gatas in the process too.

bachikarn

Urban Meyer is a dick. Only fans of the team he's coaching like him. He completely ruined the BYU/Utah rivalry. It used to be fun and the fanbases teased each other. When Meyer came he introduced a serious lack of respect and turned the whole thing mean. Now the fanbases don't tease, they're just flat out rude and mean to one another.

I was happy to see him leave Utah, but unfortunately the rivalry is still bitter and mean, and I don't know what it would take to make it a fun rivalry again.

Wait, you are mad he made the rivalry too intense?

Subitai

Either tonight or tomorrow night. Chill! This whole "games through Monday" thing really threw off my rhythm.
Dude, I'm good. Thank you again for taking the time to do the contest. Definitely makes the threads more compelling for everyone participating.

Especially if you're a fan of a school that hasn't won a game in more than decade.

Wait, you are mad he made the rivalry too intense?

He's mad about how Urbs turned it into a hate fest like the rest of college football. To Utah-ites (ahns?) credit, it was a more polite rivalry. Now it's more like Florida/Georgia, Auburn/Alabama, Pitt/WVU, etc.

He said the same thing several years ago, so I'd guess the situation hasn't improved.

Jeff-DSA

He's mad about how Urbs turned it into a hate fest like the rest of college football. To Utah-ites (ahns?) credit, it was a more polite rivalry. Now it's more like Florida/Georgia, Auburn/Alabama, Pitt/WVU, etc.

He said the same thing several years ago, so I'd guess the situation hasn't improved.

Yeah, basically. Meyer started up the crap like refusing to say "BYU" or "Cougars" and making all his players refer to BYU as "the team down south." He put up player photos in the urinals. Things like that.

Before he came, BYU and Utah coaches often appeared together in TV spots, nobody got too mean on the radio call ins, and you could go to a game without getting hassled all day long by the opposing team's fan base. I used to attend the Holy War game each year, but now I'm done with that. It's not worth it. You don't even have fun at the game, because you're constantly angry at whatever the dude a row behind you just yelled at you and your kid.

Yeah, basically. Meyer started up the crap like refusing to say "BYU" or "Cougars" and making all his players refer to BYU as "the team down south." He put up player photos in the urinals. Things like that.

Before he came, BYU and Utah coaches often appeared together in TV spots, nobody got too mean on the radio call ins, and you could go to a game without getting hassled all day long by the opposing team's fan base. I used to attend the Holy War game each year, but now I'm done with that. It's not worth it. You don't even have fun at the game, because you're constantly angry at whatever the dude a row behind you just yelled at you and your kid.

He did that "school out west" (or was it "up north") bullshit to FSU too, but I'm pretty sure Spurrier did as well so whatever. He's definitely a dickhead though. I always assumed his dad never loved him or anything, and he's just jelly.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Kind of makes you wonder how Paterno ever had a statue with a losing streak like that.

Because he was the leader that whole time. I mean, leading that consistently, even in failure is impressive.

He did that "school out west" (or was it "up north") bullshit to FSU too, but I'm pretty sure Spurrier did as well so whatever. He's definitely a dickhead though. I always assumed his dad never loved him or anything, and he's just jelly.

He got it confused when he was hired and said both in the first press conference. He corrected himself and it became "out west".

He's still a lying prick who somehow got our entire athletic department staff to hate him, but he did have a great record against you guys. Mind you, everyone in the department except Foley, of course, liked Spurrier. So...yeah.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
He got it confused when he was hired and said both in the first press conference. He corrected himself and it became "out west".

He's still a lying prick who somehow got our entire athletic department staff to hate him, but he did have a great record against you guys. Mind you, everyone in the department except Foley, of course, liked Spurrier. So...yeah.

Spurrier was the guy you loved to hate as an FSU fan though. He, and he alone, fostered our rivalry to be a great thing. Sure, it helped that we were both pretty good teams throughout the 90s, but it was Spurrier saying absolutely ridiculous shit that made each team hate the other.

I loved hating Spurrier. Meyer just sucked. It didn't make me hate Florida more, or have more fun giving my Florida friends shit, it just made me hate Meyer. Spurrier knew how to market a rivalry in a constructive, mutually beneficial way. Meyer was just a prick.

Edit: I have always loved our Florida rivalry, even though it has been pretty streaky. I find Florida fans are much cooler about being teased and teasing without getting angry.

I absolutely HATE our Miami rivalry. It is just stupid and mean and people are mean to each other. Every year, you would see tons of fights around the Miami game. It just didn't seem that way when Florida was in town.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All this talk of coaches saying "School up north"/"School out West"

reminded me of old Bear Bryant quote about Auburn:
"Sure I'd like to beat Notre Dame, don't get me wrong. But nothing matters
more than beating that cow college on the other side of the state."

and

"What the hell's the matter with you people down there? Don't y'all take your football seriously?"
Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that
none of the coaches were in their offices yet.

Not an Auburn quote, but one Nick Saban would like to know more about:

"Here's a twenty, bury two."
Coach Bryant, after being asked to chip in ten dollars
to help cover the cost of a sportswriters funeral.

Spurrier was the guy you loved to hate as an FSU fan though. He, and he alone, fostered our rivalry to be a great thing. Sure, it helped that we were both pretty good teams throughout the 90s, but it was Spurrier saying absolutely ridiculous shit that made each team hate the other.

I loved hating Spurrier. Meyer just sucked. It didn't make me hate Florida more, or have more fun giving my Florida friends shit, it just made me hate Meyer. Spurrier knew how to market a rivalry in a constructive, mutually beneficial way. Meyer was just a prick.

Agreed 100%. Bowden v Spurrier was epic level, and things were heated but never really boiled over into tree poisoning or anything crazy like that (though I did have the urge to paint a few squares on the 34th street wall garnet and gold with a winning FSU score over them, never got around to doing it).

Also, Spurrier never won in Doak, which makes it all the sweeter :)

Edit: I have always loved our Florida rivalry, even though it has been pretty streaky. I find Florida fans are much cooler about being teased and teasing without getting angry.

I absolutely HATE our Miami rivalry. It is just stupid and mean and people are mean to each other. Every year, you would see tons of fights around the Miami game. It just didn't seem that way when Florida was in town.

Totally. This say more about Miami fans than anything else. Totally classless, no respect at all.

ChiTownBuffalo

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Totally. This say more about Miami fans than anything else. Totally classless, no respect at all.

But it isn't like FSU fans didn't respond in kind. Both sides are (or at least were in the 90s/early 00s) dumbasses in that rivalry, whether or not Miami "started it" or not. FSU fans did their fair share of stupid shit against Miami fans.

I didn't even really enjoy going to UM games. UF games however were some of my best memories from school. It helped that my brother went there and got me tickets when the games were in Gainesville. Seeing Rix win in the bullshittiest way possible in Gainesville in the UF student section was amazing.

Edit: You don't know Michael Irvin?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This Week in Schadenfreude
oskifaceplant.jpg

Now for Countess. Here's a play-by-play breakdown of various screaming insta-react comments at MGoBlog, ordered by frequency:

f-bomb: 7, three all-caps, four extended
variations on "noooooooo": 5
: ( emoticons: 4
Michael Scott "no god no" gif/youtube: 4
this is a dong punch: 2
FFFFFFUUUUUUU: just one, surprisingly
effin' a: 1
god f-bombin' dammit: 1
why: 1
sad sad sad sad: 1
good lord: just one, but from a guy who'd been a member for over a year and had posted one word to date in his mgocareer.
"I once had a pickle on a burger that looked like Bruce Jenner": 1. Seriously.

Limedust

Sakerlina-GAF:

So on October 27th it looks like we are probably running the Spinx half marathon in Greenville, SC in the AM, then driving to Columbia for the UT/USC game (friends got us tickets) in the afternoon/evening.

1) Somebody put Clowney on a treadmill, now, so he has enough in the tank to play for more than the first quarter without totally gassing, ffs.

2) If Bray is permitted to flip the "salute" taunt at any point in the game, then I will never forgive you.

3) Time permitting... any tailgating spots we should stop by? :D

cdyhybrid

Dude, I'm good. Thank you again for taking the time to do the contest. Definitely makes the threads more compelling for everyone participating.

Especially if you're a fan of a school that hasn't won a game in more than decade.
Leave jakncoke and Schmitty alone!

Limedust

"You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff....You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing.....I say, why don't we meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more? You don't come into the OB, baby. We've had a down couple of years but you don't come in here talking smack. Not in our house."

I'm sending Lamar Thomas down the elevator to kick your ass.

Goes without saying. Only fanbase I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom